Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subternia Map Discussion

Subternia Map Discussion

So we got a really tiny glimpse at the Subternia (not Sub-Eternia? interesting) map. Anyone have a bigger shot of it?
    EDIT: Okay, I got a better one. Not quite print-quality but it does show how awesome this thing is!

I love that we can see Procrustus at the center and there's a shaft from him to Castle Grayskull. I cannot recognize the other castles though. Is that a moon?! I hope it's Phantos!

Anyone else see anything? Spelians? Caligars? Underground Snake Men temple?
    Last edited by gbagok; March 19, 2013 at 05:23pm.

I'm very excited about this map-Subternia is ripe for adventures!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wow another home run with the maps
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    My only point of concern is that there don't seem to be the usual labels telling us what we're seeing--I hope we just can't seem 'em cause of the image quality.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think this is the best shot out there for now. I really like how this map turned out! Very nice artwork on the maps, as per usual. LOVE seeing Procrustus there and I'm very interested to know what the moon/small planet to to right is. I think I see two "gods" blasting their power into the center of it. Maybe these are

Chronos and Choas via the $.99 MAA comic. Maybe these gods created some crystal in the centre of that mini-planet.moon and it split into two?
    . Either that, or it's Etheria being created.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    My only point of concern is that there don't seem to be the usual labels telling us what we're seeing--I hope we just can't seem 'em cause of the image quality.
    I think it's the image quality. I think I can make out a few scribbles.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I see some scribblings too. Does it say, "During the Reign of King Skeletor?"

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I hoped a Tri-Solar system map rather than this...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Wow... I had not noticed that. And indeed it says that! ... I don't want to read more bios. Now I am confused in the timeline. When does this happens???
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm very interested to know what the moon/small planet to to right is.
    That ought to be the moon of Phantos
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Me too, but since we didnt get an NA reveals this one makes more sense with Procrustus. I hope next year is NA.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I think this is the best shot out there for now. I really like how this map turned out! Very nice artwork on the maps, as per usual. LOVE seeing Procrustus there and I'm very interested to know what the moon/small planet to to right is. I think I see two "gods" blasting their power into the center of it. Maybe these are . Either that, or it's Etheria being created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Thanks, boys! As usual, the map is the sub bonus that I'm most looking forward to--even more so than the exclusive figure (the sole exception being Shadow Weaver, of course)! I cannot wait to see what fun little treats they throw on there for us, especially since it's a relatively unexplored area.

Dotting the surface area, and reading it clockwise from the '12:00 position', I'm pretty sure I see:

12:00 - Castle Eternia;
    1:00 - the Mount Barathrum area;
    2:00 - Snake Mountain;
    4:00 - a golden city that almost looks like Arachnia (maybe it rises to power again?). It could also be Zalesia as that was colored gold in the Preternia map, but its positioning rules out the remains of Avionopolis (which was also golden at that early time);
    5:00 - the ruins of Zalesia;
    6:00 - another unknown structure, which is situated in what used to be Horde Territory during Preternian days and might be Talok City, but has been previously unlabeled in the 'Reign of King Randor' map;
    8:00 - the Royal Palace;
    9:00 - Castle Grayskull;
    [Between 9:00 and 10:00] - Mystic Mountains / Avion, which look like they've been razed.
    10:00 - Zodak's Mountain
    11:00 - Underground City of Tundaria

Thoughts?

The other thing I'm wondering--and this could easily be chalked up to the whole stylistic arguments surrounding cross-sections, I suppose--is why it appears that the Crystal Chamber is below Snake Mountain rather than Castle Grayskull?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Wow... I had not noticed that. And indeed it says that! ... I don't want to read more bios. Now I am confused in the timeline. When does this happens???
    I know that ToyGuru previously said that even though they do not have the rights to the characters from the 1987 movie (aside from the 3 that were in the original toyline), that in the timeline of events there is a period during which the events of the movie would take place just incase they ever do get those rights. Since the movie started off with Skeletor apparently having taken over Castle Grayskull, I wonder if this would be part of that time period.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Snappy Threader
    Very cool map. I was hoping for a New Adventrues map, but this will do just fine, very cool.

When the map was first revealed I thought the image on the bottom looked just like the movie skeletor!

Didn't see the bio for the map posted anywhere yet, so here goes:

Subternia - Hidden Land Beneath the Horizon

Below the crust of planet Eternia lies a hidden hollow globe filled with magical secrets and mysterious races. At the very center of the planet rests the Star Seed, a manifestation of the very magic of the creator gods, forever guarded by their servant Procrustus. It's powers flow through several thin tunnels, culminating at the base of both Central Tower and Castle Grayskull, supplying these mighty monuments with great magical powers. Even before the Three Towers were raised to the surface, many different races fought for dominion over the underground realms including the mighty Caligars and the bat-like Spalians. Eventually Randor's new Council of Eternia helped the warring subterranean races make peace. But the ever present Star Seed and the hidden temple of Serpos have often called both good and evil warriors to battle throughout Eternia's hollow interior!
    Last edited by Shecky; March 14, 2013 at 04:21am.

I really like the picture of the Kex race at the bottom. I hope we get a figure of this sometime in the future!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Agreed that should have been the map this time, but as long its the next sub exclusive map ill be happy

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Didn't see the bio for the map posted anywhere yet, so here goes:

Subternia - Hidden Land Beneath the Horizon

Below the crust of planet Eternia lies a hidden hollow globe filled with magical secrets and mysterious races. At the very center of the planet rests the Star Seed, a manifestation of the very magic of the creator gods, forever guarded by their servant Procrustus. It's powers flow through several thin tunnels, culminating at the base of both Central Tower and Castle Grayskull, supplying these mighty monuments with great magical powers. Even before the Three Towers were raised to the surface, many different races fought for dominion over the underground realms including the mighty Caligars and the bat-like Spalians. Eventually Randor's new Council of Eternia helped the warring subterranean races make peace. But the ever present Star Seed and the hidden temple of Serpos have often called both good and evil warriors to battle throughout Eternia's hollow interior!
    Now that is a bio! Something old, something new, nothing contradicted and can fit any canon.
    I can't wait to hold this! I think I like these maps more then the toys!
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Now that is a bio! Something old, something new, nothing contradicted and can fit any canon.
    I can't wait to hold this! I think I like these maps more then the toys!
    Yeah very cool bio.....

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Anyone know what that spaceship at 6:30 is? If it's the Starfinder 5, I'll be really impressed . . .

We definitely need a higher res shot of this now that people are starting to get them in hand. Can anyone help on this front?

I am curious who the figure us supposed to be next the unlabeled structure towards the top of the map. The map itself is extremely well done.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    thought the 3 towers were meant to be spread out more?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I really like this map, I think it and Preternia are my favorites of the four (probably because they both have so much unexpected--in a good way--stuff). It feels like an awesome old school game map, maybe that's why it's so exciting. The Gar have a ship! The moon is called...The Moon of Droom? I don't remember that from anywhere, was that in a later Filmation episode? Wish it had been named Phantos. The "Tubek Mining Operations" even looks like some of the structures shown on Phantos. But look, the Kex Queen has a staff! And Battle Bones! I love that they are using the name Lava Lords, although is that Helios's people now moved underground from the Region of Flame or something else? Mount Baranthrum instead of Chrona for the biggest volcano? What's the Crystal Temple I wonder, or the Hidden City of Jatoria? And the Archnia city is back or did it never go away after Preternia? Also I love that there's a Rock Men kingdom!

Finally, maybe most curious of all, this is set during the time of "King Skeletor" with a Eternos ruins! Interesting element IMO.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I think this is the best shot out there for now. I really like how this map turned out! Very nice artwork on the maps, as per usual. LOVE seeing Procrustus there and I'm very interested to know what the moon/small planet to to right is. I think I see two "gods" blasting their power into the center of it. Maybe these are . Either that, or it's Etheria being created.

by gods do you mean weird buildings?