Thread: TRU Frustration

Hybrid View

TRU Frustration

I wiped out all their Redakai tins a few weeks ago. They had nothing left from Redakai in the entire store save a display box. Well, I asked a grunt to see a manager to see if I could get the display box, and the manager wouldn't even come over to speak with. It was gone this morning, they probably threw it out

Also, I passed on Grimlock last Friday because he isn't a $30 figure.

Very frustrating that you have to cross a store off your list because there are only so many.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I used to work at Toys R Us. I can't speak for all the stores, but the one I worked at didn't seem to care too much about customer satisfaction, just making sure the store looked good for when the regional manager came in. Seriously, that was the only thing we worked for - a nice looking store.
    Remember when Zhu Zhu Pets were all the rage? Christmas '09. So every Thursday we'd get a truck with a small amount of these stupid little hamsters. There'd be a lineup waiting to get in. One day, the manager decided she didn't want to put them out, so she went outside, told everyone none came in, and made sure we spent an extra hour straightening the shelves - Don was coming in at 10!
    Very glad to be gone from there

There are no other toy stores in the US, and TRU are well aware of this. That's why they can jack up the prices constantly.

LOL. I really didn't expect them to give me the display, but it irritates me that the manager wouldn't even come over to speak with me. Anyway, I hardly ever buy anything there. And they no doubt took a sizable loss on those Redakai tins I bought. Part of being successful in life requires you to learn to use your enemies for your own personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Part of being successful in life requires you to learn to use your enemies for your own personal gain.
    Then I suggest you burn that place down when you really want something. You know, as leverage

LOL. Unlikely. The building isn't made of flammable materials. In fact, it's a older building made out of some type of brick. My memory isn't good enough to remember what was there before they came in. But I do remember Kiddy City. Ah, those were the days....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    If TRU cared about customers, it wouldn't deal with Mattel.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Master of New Adventures!
    While it's true their sales are down for the year (whose isn't?), with 1,600 stores worldwide, 70,000 employees, annual sales of $13.9 billion and coming in at 193 on the Fortune 500 list, I doubt they're really sweating over what you cost them on Redaki.

LOL. I really didn't expect them to give me the display, but it irritates me that the manager wouldn't even come over to speak with me. Anyway, I hardly ever buy anything there. And they no doubt took a sizable loss on those Redakai tins I bought. Part of being successful in life requires you to learn to use your enemies for your own personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    While it's true their sales are down for the year (whose isn't?), with 1,600 stores worldwide, 70,000 employees, annual sales of $13.9 billion and coming in at 193 on the Fortune 500 list, I doubt they're really sweating over what you cost them on Redaki.

LOL. Good point.

Master of New Adventures!
    Thanks for that LOL, Phil. I've had a difficult week and your Sunday night post has helped ease it a bit for me. Funny how sometimes little things can make a difference.

LOL. Good point.