Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'DuckTales Remastered'

'DuckTales Remastered'

Well, Look What's Coming To Your Console This Summer!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    This is good news. Maybe Capcom will remake a few of the other NES Disney games if this does well? Ducktales had a sequel, there were 2 rescue Rangers games, Darkwing Duck and Little Mermaid also had games. And while a lot of licensed games of that era were garbage(there's a good reason AVGN dislikes LJN so much), the Capcom Disney games were actually good.

I saw that last night while checking for PAX news - awesome stuff!

I hope that after this will be a super-major-success Rescue Rangers will get a remake aswell.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I have such fond memories of that cartoon and that game. It was one of the few NES games I actually committed myself to finish.

I'd be curious how much a rehash like this costs to produce.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Ducktales? Why not Gargoyles?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

we also know how bad remakes can get.. while turtles in time was pretty good visually, the game play mechanics slowed the game down TONS....and the levels where so long it was repetitive.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

this one for the most part though looks like a visual upgrade.

As far as cost I have heard on some games it can be prohibitive and is why they haven't updated some. I have heard this as excuse for Final Fantasy 7 for example which hasn't looks wise aged as well as the 8 or 16 bit games. While the older ones are older people are more accepting of the graphics of them. Also it depends on how far they go on the graphics update.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Great to see this, but Rescue Rangers would send me over the moon! I loved that game!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Because Ducktales always has been and always will be better and more popular than Gargoyles.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Gargoyles didn't have an NES game. I don't know if it had any games at all. This is a modern remake of the NES game.

Ducktails was hands down one of my favorite video games ever! (After anything Zelda and Startropics...) I was elated when I saw this, thinking about how soon I could have the money to buy a Wii so I could get this. If they do end up releasing more Disney games (like Rescue Rangers, another favorite) or just doing this for classic games, I'm in.
    I think that would be good business-wise, keeping the play control and such, but updating the visuals and music. Just my $0.02.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope this means we will see the other Disney games updated like this particularly Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck. I will be getting this game along with DLC release of the two Dungeons and Dragons arcade game. I would like to see a good Little Mermaid game and maybe one day a Gummi Bear video game as well.

I'm guessing we get new levels as well, judging by the intro at the money bin.

Oh man, I hope they have the moon level (if it's a remake, I would imagine so), and then I hope they do justice to that level's music. It's my favorite video game track of all time!
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I CAN'T WAIT

nuff said
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    AWSOME NEWS I hope it does really well I enjoyed the recent comic book revisit to the Disney Afternoon so hope this means Rescue Rangers,Darkwing and Talespin are next

When the Disney family took the company back from Eisner, they first tried to bury anything that happened under him and move on. But they finally realized that, outside of Pixar's projects, no one cared for anything they were making so they wised up and finally revived the 90s stuff, which people actually liked, instead of worthless DTV sequels no one asked for and new stuff no one pays attention to.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I'm hoping that Capcom is also readying a 3DS release.

I was reading about this yesterday over on Joystiq I believe, and someone posted that Capcom ought to do a Darkwing Duck game in the vein of the Megaman games. Highly unlikely I know but it's a great idea {though I'd welcome a Remastered release of the NES DW game} Megaman style gameplay would have been a fantastic basis for the Darkwing Duck game.

This is great news! Loved this game.

I wish Capcom would remaster the Castlevania games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I'm hoping that Capcom is also readying a 3DS release.

I was reading about this yesterday over on Joystiq I believe, and someone posted that Capcom ought to do a Darkwing Duck game in the vein of the Megaman games. Highly unlikely I know but it's a great idea {though I'd welcome a Remastered release of the NES DW game} Megaman style gameplay would have been a fantastic basis for the Darkwing Duck game.
    NES Darkwing Duck effectively was Megaman, only with the ability to duck- a mechanic I never could understand why Megaman lacked- and a shield you could use any time you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This is great news! Loved this game.

I wish Capcom would remaster the Castlevania games too.
    Konami owns 'Castlevania', and they made a revamped version for the Wii.

Be warned! The developer handling this game, Wayforward, is notorious for messing projects like this up. Fingers crossed!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Saw about this on the Happy Console Gamer's channel. Looks great
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    This is good news. Maybe Capcom will remake a few of the other NES Disney games if this does well? Ducktales had a sequel, there were 2 rescue Rangers games, Darkwing Duck and Little Mermaid also had games. And while a lot of licensed games of that era were garbage(there's a good reason AVGN dislikes LJN so much), the Capcom Disney games were actually good.
    Also TaleSpin and, for SNES, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin, ecc... All these games were CAPCOM.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Gargoyles didn't have an NES game. I don't know if it had any games at all.
    Yes, there was a Sega Mega Drive game about Gargoyles.

I'm on board for this. Ducktales and Darkwing Duck were games I played over and over again.