Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'DuckTales Remastered'

Heroic Warrior
    Loved this game since i was 8 when i got it for Christmas when it came out, now if they can only do Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and more.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I'm on board for this. Ducktales and Darkwing Duck were games I played over and over again.
    Mee too!

I read it will be as a new complete episode, with some new animation between the levels!

Heroic Warrior
    Hey has anyone looked up on youtube or gotten to go to PAX2013 they showed gameplay with commentary and interviews and some of the cut scenes with voice over talent looks awesome I cant wait to play it for myself.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Checking IMDB, it looks like 3 actors had to be replaced as their originals died. Although both Alan Young and June Foray have still been doing voice work non-stop over the years so ti probably wasn't much trouble to get either of them- Young has even voiced Scrooge several times in the past 10 years for various games and such.

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    I never got around to playing this back then, and while I'm intrigued I have found my gaming skills have diminished in the last 20 years. Was the original hard enough that it could frustrate me?
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    Also TaleSpin and, for SNES, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin, ecc... All these games were CAPCOM.
    I have TaleSpin on my Turbo Grafx 16! I'd love for a rerelease of all those after school Disney cartoon games. They were all awesome. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Ducktales were my two favs tho. Can't wait for the release!

Heroic Warrior
    According to a couple interviews posted on youtube from PAX it seem the game with also include the original version also one of the interviewers posted a comment that he did ask about Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck off camera and the person said he was unable to comment on future projects so that sounds promising if they weren't going to do anything they surely can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80 View Post
    I never got around to playing this back then, and while I'm intrigued I have found my gaming skills have diminished in the last 20 years. Was the original hard enough that it could frustrate me?
    It's a modified Megaman game engine so it has most of the same physics. However, you can duck down(never knew why Megaman lacked that mechanic) but your only attack is the pogo jump which requires holding down while jumping, sort of like the downward stab in Zelda 2. It's used as an attack and a means to get around. You only have 3 hit points- there are 2 extra hidden in a couple levels. But the game has 3 difficulty settings and easy mode gives you double health.

Ducktales 2 is actually better in many ways since you get more abilities, can revisit beaten levels, and there's an item store. It's almost obscure though because it came out by the time the NES was dead at retail so no one paid attention to it.

Heroic Warrior
    You know I can't remember if I played the sequel, though if this one sells good enough maybe they will upgrade the second one as well as other capcon Disney games.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    It's a modified Megaman game engine so it has most of the same physics. However, you can duck down(never knew why Megaman lacked that mechanic) but your only attack is the pogo jump which requires holding down while jumping, sort of like the downward stab in Zelda 2. It's used as an attack and a means to get around.
    wasn't there also a way to swing the cane like a golf club?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    wasn't there also a way to swing the cane like a golf club?
    Not as a weapon, really. You could only use it on a stationary object like a rock. It could hit enemies if the rock hit something while flying at an angle, but it was used more to clear obstacles.

Widget
    I can't believe with all the cartoon channels that directv has that this and other disney shows from back then aren't on anywhere...
    Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    I can't believe with all the cartoon channels that directv has that this and other disney shows from back then aren't on anywhere...
    Frankly, with the Disney family's wish to crush anything done under Eisner, I'm surprised this game is getting made at all... but I guess they realized people actually liked this stuff so they've settled for DVDs and merch sales because the stuff they've tried to do since they took over hasn't been cutting it.

Heroic Warrior
    Well with only a few days to go til 8-13 release date for PS3, XBOX has to wait another month who is getting excited besides me all those youtube gameplay and interview videos are awesome. Even saw a new one from IGN today they unveiled a gold NES catridge of the classic version with remastered artwork on it wish it were a collectors edition to preorder but seems it was just sent out to the media only 150 made so mostly likely will end up on ebay for big bucks.

I am getting this! Need to place my preorder! I'm getting it for my PC.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I couldn't find the thread and I shall post this again.

Duckumentary, features Moon Theme by Jake "virt" Kaufman.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    Well with only a few days to go til 8-13 release date for PS3, XBOX has to wait another month who is getting excited besides me all those youtube gameplay and interview videos are awesome. Even saw a new one from IGN today they unveiled a gold NES catridge of the classic version with remastered artwork on it wish it were a collectors edition to preorder but seems it was just sent out to the media only 150 made so mostly likely will end up on ebay for big bucks.
    Placed my pre-order on PSN as soon as it was available. PS+ discount dropped it to $12! Gonna fire up the original this weekend to prepare...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these! Capcom made a special press kit to promote DuckTales Remastered. There are 150 made in total.

The insane part about this press kit is that it includes a gold NES cartridge with a label featuring the new artwork for DuckTales Remastered (though the titling on the cart leaves the "Remastered" part out).... and it actually works and has the entire original NES DuckTales game on it!

I know it's just the same old NES game that I already have in a fancy looking new cart, but it would still be a cool collectible to have!

I preordered the physical case release of the new Ramastered game for PS3. It's just a PS3 case (no disc) with a Disney DuckTales pin and a code to download the game, but it's still cool. Unfortunately that doesn't come out until next week and it has to be shipping, so it will be a bit before I get it. But I'm also planning on downloading the game for Wii U right away.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Hey anyone know when the PSN version will be ready its 7 here in Phoenix and it still says preorder and come back August 13 that's today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these! Capcom made a special press kit to promote DuckTales Remastered. There are 150 made in total.
    I wish they'd remake NES and SNES carts for the collectors market..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I wish they'd remake NES and SNES carts for the collectors market..
    I wish they would put the systems back in production. My old ones still work, but it would be nice to get something new that will have years of life going forward. While some of those 3rd part knock-off systems work alright, the build quality on them tends to suck and I've heard of people having problems with them. They should also include component and HDMI outputs to allow the games to be displayed properly on modern TVs.

It would be nice to maybe get a unit direct from Nintendo with their level of build quality that plays both NES and SNES games. Have it work with the original controllers, and put the controllers back into production as well. It may be a niche market, but I'm sure they'd get people who would buy it.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; August 13, 2013 at 01:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    Hey anyone know when the PSN version will be ready its 7 here in Phoenix and it still says preorder and come back August 13 that's today.
    I preordered it too....and it still isn't available for download here either.

The PSN store often updates press late in the day in my experience. I'm sure it will be available, but probably not until tonight.

I hope the Wii U version is available when I get home!

That press kit is nice. I still have my NES cart. DuckTales was one of my favorite NES games. I wish DuckTales 2 was not pricey. I have never actually played it. I hope that gets a remaster. The other Disney Capcom NES games would be great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

The insane part about this press kit is that it includes a gold NES cartridge with a label featuring the new artwork for DuckTales Remastered (though the titling on the cart leaves the "Remastered" part out).... and it actually works and has the entire original NES DuckTales game on it!

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conten...8/IMG_2082.jpg

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conten...8/IMG_2105.jpg

I know it's just the same old NES game that I already have in a fancy looking new cart, but it would still be a cool collectible to have!

I preordered the physical case release of the new Ramastered game for PS3. It's just a PS3 case (no disc) with a Disney DuckTales pin and a code to download the game, but it's still cool. Unfortunately that doesn't come out until next week and it has to be shipping, so it will be a bit before I get it. But I'm also planning on downloading the game for Wii U right away.
    I'd definitely jump on this if they released more. With only 150 copies released and then only sent to media, I think we'll just see these as highly priced pieces on ebay. There's a lot of discussion about this at NintendoAge.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!