Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 'DuckTales Remastered'

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That is a really well done photoshop/photo manipulation job. There never was a Ducktales 3 on NES. I did a search for it and found the devianart page of the guy who made that image. The pictures were original of the Ducktales 2 box and cartridge, according to the info he posted on deviantart.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

HD figures on youtube
    Strange thing is, I had no idea Ducktales 2 was rare, nor did the craigslist seller I got it from. It was in a 60 game lot for $50 a couple years back. Don't have the box though.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome remake this game was, it's quite faithful to the original game but with some voice actors back, new voices, awesome 2D cell graphics (ala Earthworm Jim) and i think it's one of the best remakes i've ever played.

Now if they can do Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Fantasia, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Talespin etc. remakes next i would be delighted.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Now with Ducktales available on Xbox live does anyone know how well its doing for Disney to take notice and give the greenlight for more. Also picked up Mickey's Castle of Illusion that was a fun game as well first game I can remember playing being narrated as you go and a nice touch the PS3 version included the original and nice Disney game logo that preceeds the game showing all the characters in the movie theater Scrooge and Chip and Dale in their Rescue Ranger outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Awesome remake this game was, it's quite faithful to the original game but with some voice actors back, new voices, awesome 2D cell graphics (ala Earthworm Jim) and i think it's one of the best remakes i've ever played.

Now if they can do Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Fantasia, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Talespin etc. remakes next i would be delighted.
    I want QUACKSHOT!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I want QUACKSHOT!!!!
    "Quackshot" was the sole reason I got a Genesis. That was one of my all-time favorite games. The graphics and sound were amazing for the time, and it was an incredibly fun game. Every once in a while, I still play the rom on my PC (my Genesis and 8-bit Nintendo stopped working long ago, and I've never gotten any other game systems, as I'm not really into video games anymore). The only game that I like as much as "Quackshot" is the PC version of "Goin' Quackers", which I also still occasionally play. If one or both of those games got the "Ducktales Remastered" treatment, I would buy a game system just for those games.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Just bought this last night and played little. So awesome, couldn't be happier. It brings back such lovely memories and I like how true it has stayed to the original, but at the same time has added new stuff. Great re-make, my favorite!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Capcom on facebook announced a physical copy is coming soon I want to support the release with the thought it will lead to the rest of Capcom Disney library getting remastered but I downloaded it and beat the storyline now just working on filling up the moneybin. I think I might get a physical copy if it included a cd of the soundtrack and the original version as bonuses.

A physical copy? I might bite if it is released for the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    Capcom on facebook announced a physical copy is coming soon I want to support the release with the thought it will lead to the rest of Capcom Disney library getting remastered but I downloaded it and beat the storyline now just working on filling up the moneybin. I think I might get a physical copy if it included a cd of the soundtrack and the original version as bonuses.
    I'm actually pretty annoyed about this. I much prefer physical media, and would have waited if I knew this was coming.

As it is I already bought this for both the Wii U and PS3, with the PS3 version being the discless retail release that comes in a PS3 case with a pin and download code voucher. I thought it would be cool to have the case if no retail version would exist. But now that there is, I feel kind of ripped off on multiple levels. I probably wouldn't have purchased it at all and would have gotten the disc versions for both system. I certainly wouldn't have bought the download version for both and wouldn't have bothered with that aforementioned no-disc retail PS3 release.

I'll probably still end up getting the physical versions as I keep my games long term and I am paranoid about DLC (what happens if my hard drive crashes years down the road when the system is no longer supported and content cannot be redownloaded?). But I'll probably be sending Capcom a letter expressing my displeasure with this.

I wish this had been handled more like New Super Luigi U for the Wii U. It was first released in June as downloadable add-on DLC for New Super Mario Bros. U for $20, but even before the DLC version came out, it was announced that a disc based version was coming out in August for $30. I waited and got the disc version.

Capcom used to be one of my favorite game companies, but between this and their really crappy DLC practices in recent years, they've REALLY been getting on my bad side! I love this DuckTales remake, but this could have been handled SO much better.

I do hope the retail release has some bonuses to make it worth buying. A soundtrack like you suggested would be nice. A straight port of the NES version would be nice. It would also be cool if a straight port of DuckTales 2 for NES would be nice as well! I never did play that game, and the cartridge on ebay goes for over $100 due to it's rarity since it came out at the tail end of the lifespan of the NES.

Edit: In regards to your comment about filling up the money bin, can out actually fill it up? The level in it has always seemed shallow to me compared to how it appears on the show, but it never seems to move.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 19, 2013 at 09:57am.

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I got it on the PS3, and couldn't be happier with how faithful it was.

Actually, check that. I was happier-when my 8 year old's interest in the game was piqued.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    "Quackshot" was the sole reason I got a Genesis. That was one of my all-time favorite games. The graphics and sound were amazing for the time, and it was an incredibly fun game. Every once in a while, I still play the rom on my PC (my Genesis and 8-bit Nintendo stopped working long ago, and I've never gotten any other game systems, as I'm not really into video games anymore). The only game that I like as much as "Quackshot" is the PC version of "Goin' Quackers", which I also still occasionally play. If one or both of those games got the "Ducktales Remastered" treatment, I would buy a game system just for those games.
    YES!!! Goin Quackers was great too!! sometimes it feels I am the only one who remembers them!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    YES!!! Goin Quackers was great too!! sometimes it feels I am the only one who remembers them!!
    Yeah, those were two amazing games! Anything that has Donald in it is awesome! I wish Disney would get on the ball and make comics of the classic characters again. Gladstone, Disney Comics, Gladstone again, Gemstone, and Boom! put out some of the best Disney comics ever! I wish Disney would get off their asses and do something with their classic characters comicwise or let a good comic company take over the license. I miss "Donald Duck", "Uncle Scrooge", and "Walt Disney's Comics and Stories", along with Disney Afternoon stuff, too. Back to video games, though, did you ever play "Donald's Magic Hat Adventure"? I think it was only released for the Super Famicom in Japan. I discovered the rom a long time ago, and it's a really fun game.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes you can fill it up just takes awhile there is a youtube video of it full but I am unlocking all the extras first pictures stuff like that. Plus has anyone discovered if they put that secret level from the original where Gyro is flying a helicopter dropping gems to you and you have to keep up in a cloud level? Also more great Ducktales news there is a game for android and ios called Scrooges Loot where you help scrooge get his money back from Ma Beagle and the boys as well as Magica and Flintheart are in and the best part its free to download and has voice talent. Gameplay is your on teams red or blue and go around with gadgets and weapons to get gold back to the awaiting transport online gameplay with friends like COD and Halo pretty neat so far.
    Last edited by scroogemcd77; September 19, 2013 at 10:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm actually pretty annoyed about this. I much prefer physical media, and would have waited if I knew this was coming.
    Yeah, I feel you on this one. I too am a sucker for physical copies and most likely will end up getting one when it is released. Especially if there are bonuses included. But, on the other hand I think it's pretty given for a company to test the markets when venturing into something new. And I see the fact that they are considering a physical copy as a good sign. The game must've sold well! Hopefully the next remakes (I'm hoping to see Quackshot and Chip'n'Dales atleast) will get a physical copy on day one!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm not too big into gaming. Do Wii U games work on a regular Wii system? I just have the regular Wii.

Heroic Warrior
    I heard we are getting physical copies.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Yeah, those were two amazing games! Anything that has Donald in it is awesome! I wish Disney would get on the ball and make comics of the classic characters again. Gladstone, Disney Comics, Gladstone again, Gemstone, and Boom! put out some of the best Disney comics ever! I wish Disney would get off their asses and do something with their classic characters comicwise or let a good comic company take over the license. I miss "Donald Duck", "Uncle Scrooge", and "Walt Disney's Comics and Stories", along with Disney Afternoon stuff, too. Back to video games, though, did you ever play "Donald's Magic Hat Adventure"? I think it was only released for the Super Famicom in Japan. I discovered the rom a long time ago, and it's a really fun game.
    no, i never heard of it. it sucks that boom lost out on the license so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm not too big into gaming. Do Wii U games work on a regular Wii system? I just have the regular Wii.
    no, it's the opposite. wii games work on the wiiU but not the other way around.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Is anyone trying the new Ducktales game for IOS and Android called Scrooge's Loot its free and has voice talent not a bad little game has online multiplayer sorta like call of duty with 4 minute map areas creating a character weapons and gadgets helping scrooge get his gold back.

I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of confusion over the retail releases of this game for PS3 in particular. I was at a local Target store last night, and they had a ton of copies of the current retail release with the download code voucher in it.

I could see someone reading the announcement of the physical disc version, then going to Target thinking they have it in stock and buying the code voucher version in stock. Both versions use the same cover art. The only differences are that the digital version has a blurb about a pin being included, and the little notation saying "Digital Copy Only" in the space that is usually used to notate a game being Playstation exclusive... a notation that I think could be easily missed by someone not really inspecting the box or who in general may not have even been aware of the limited edition with pin, case, and download voucher.

Here's a pic of the PS3 retail download version:

And here's a pic of the upcoming PS3 disc based version:

Yes you can fill it up just takes awhile there is a youtube video of it full but I am unlocking all the extras first pictures stuff like that. Plus has anyone discovered if they put that secret level from the original where Gyro is flying a helicopter dropping gems to you and you have to keep up in a cloud level?
    That Gyro thing is from the original game? I still have the original NES game from when I was a kid, I have played the hell out of it over the years, and I don't recall ever seeing that level before.

It is in the remastered game. I have no idea what I did to get there, but when I went and chose one of the levels to go to for the first time (I think it was the Amazon, but I'm not 100% certain) before I went there, I was suddenly in that stage with Gyro dropping the gems and jumping between clouds. I didn't last long there and fell between some clouds shortly after starting it, then the game proceeded to the level that I picked. At first I thought maybe it was just something that they added for the remastered game to that level, but I have replayed each of the levels a few times and I have not had it happen since.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 20, 2013 at 09:46am.

Heroic Warrior
    Yup youtube says it was in the original game not sure how it was accessed but I think I remember it, as for how you get the secret Gyro level in this version its accessed when you have a 7 in the 10000 spot so like 70000 and choose the Amazon level and as you are heading there Scrooge drops into the clouds as Gyro drops gems on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Nope. Entirely new gaming system designed to compete with PS4, and Xbox One (Also NEW consoles).

If you buy one (I'd do it after the Zelda Wii U bundle 'cause you'll save $50) you can use all of your Wii games/accessories. It will not however, read Gamecube games.

If you'd rather not buy a game system not being much of a gamer, you can get the game for your PC on Valve's Steam service for $15.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Yup youtube says it was in the original game not sure how it was accessed but I think I remember it, as for how you get the secret Gyro level in this version its accessed when you have a 7 in the 10000 spot so like 70000 and choose the Amazon level and as you are heading there Scrooge drops into the clouds as Gyro drops gems on him.
    I can now verify that this works. As long as there is a 7 in that spot in your total (even if you total is much, much higher) it works. I tried it a couple of times last night and it worked. And keep in mind that it is your overall total, not the amount that you earned in the last level that you played. So for example if you have $1,134,275 as your total, you want to earn enough money in the next level that you play so that when it adds up, there will be a 7 there. So ideally you want to get around $40,000... or if you can, $140,000, etc. I found that the easiest way to manipulate this is to just play the initial money bin level. Since there is no big treasure at the end, you can easily pick up just the right amount to add to your total and then just avoid any additional gems along the way.

I wonder if it is also total based for the original game. That might explain why I've never seen it on the original NES version. Even though you can play the levels in any order that you want, I almost always played them in order on the list starting with the Amazon and working my way down. That means on the original game I was starting with a total of $0 when entering the Amazon. Apparently the reason why I stumbled upon it in the remastered version of the game was because of that new initial money bin level. I must have had roughly $70,000 after finishing it, then went straight for the Amazon.

Heroic Warrior
    I also discovered the 2 bonus treasures from the original are in this remastered version but only on the harder difficulties I haven't even attempted it yet but I had a friend that discovered them and there is even a message at the end of the game when beaten on those harder difficulties.