Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'DuckTales Remastered'

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I downloaded the remastered game on Wii U. It's pretty cool so far. There's a little too much stopping for dialogue in the middle of the game, and some slight changes in level design have thrown me off, but it's a lot of fun!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Loving the games so far finally got to download it around 1:30 Arizona time and got through 3 levels it was a bit harder then I remembered but a good challenge. I am so glad the original surviving cast from the show agreed to come back to voice these great characters especially Alan Young I hope he is aware of all the expectation of this and knows he is appreciated.

Wasn't this supposed to be out for the 3DS too?

I never played the original, but it is rather fun. Died on the first boss though...Not used to the controls yet.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    I really need to get this one but already have dragon's crown and some preorders that will keep from spending anything anytime soon.

Played all the way thru with my 8 year old today...totally worth the $12!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I got 4 of 5 levels done. Just gotta do the moon and then back to Transylvania
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Can't wait for the Xbox release!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

difficulty level is pretty decent on easy.
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1 View Post
    I got 4 of 5 levels done. Just gotta do the moon and then back to Transylvania
    I assume you realized your mistake?

Finished my first playthrough last night. Definitely loved it-great to hear all the original cast back together, but could have done with a little less interruption during game play. Remixed music is fantastic, and I love the option to turn it off and go w/the original 8-bit score. The new Money Bin level was decent, for a generic tutorial level, and the final level was a nice surprise. Re-worked bosses were also very welcome.

Only thing that puzzles me is the omission of the 2 extra million dollar treasures. (The ring & the gold bar) Wonder why those got cut?

Looking forward to Castle of Illusion next month. (Just announced it hits Europe on 9/4, and pre-orders get the original version as a bonus) Hope they make a similar announcement for the US soon!

I wish we could get something like this for the turtles franchise.

The original games ALREADY looked like the show, albeit pixelated. Can you imagine a PROPER remake done? I'm not counting that Turtles in Time dreck. The levels where far too long, bosses far too annoying, and they used the 2K3 cast. Turtles as a property, for whatever reason, feels the need to push whatever the current iteration of the franchise happens to be, into areas where it doesn't belong. For instance, the Xbox version of the first Arcade game. The 'side screen' art had designs for the 2007 movie turtles included. ugh. I'd love to see proper remakes and a NEW game based on the original series done, with proper voice actors
    Geek Media -

Heroic Warrior
    I am hoping this does so well that Disney takes notice and gives the go ahead to let Rescue Rangers,Talespin,Darkwing Duck,Aladdin and Little Mermaid join Scrooge on the remaster adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    I am hoping this does so well that Disney takes notice and gives the go ahead to let Rescue Rangers,Talespin,Darkwing Duck,Aladdin and Little Mermaid join Scrooge on the remaster adventure.
    WayForward & Capcom have already stated this is the intention, so let's hope sales are good enough! If I can only get one more though, it's gotta be Darkwing Duck...

Ditto on that. I loved the bosses from Darkwing Duck. I loved the stage design, the music, the different weapons. I liked it a lot more than Rescue Rangers (which unfortunately hasn't aged quite as well for me).
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior
    I never got to play this game when it was originally released but I'm eager to play the remastered version. I see it on the marketplace on the WiiU but not on 360 yet. I have funds on my 360 account so I'll just wait until its available there.

Heroic Warrior
    Ducktales remastered feels sorta like watching a long lost episode. Anyone tried Extreme yet heard if you fail you start the entire game again not just the level.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I hadn't noticed this thread until just now. I had eagerly been awaiting this game coming out ever since it was announced and I wasn't dissapointed. I know a lot of people complained about the amount of story stuff that was added, but I really enjoyed it. I'd much rather skip it on subsequent play throughs than have it not be there at all.

I beat it on normal on the day it came out and on hard the next time I played it. I tried it on extreme briefly, but was instantly turned off when I realized I was being forced to hard pogo. That shouldn't make much difference as that's how I grew up playing it on the NES, but it just seems incredibly unresponsive in this version (at least to me). I'm just not into artificial difficulty increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    Only thing that puzzles me is the omission of the 2 extra million dollar treasures. (The ring & the gold bar) Wonder why those got cut?
    On normal and easy, each of the five main levels has a heart that increases your health. On hard and extreme, there are two hearts that increase your health (Transylvania and Himalayas) and the other three hearts are replaced with the unique treasures. I know the ring is one, but I'm not sure about the gold bar. I think the one from the moon was a big yellow square (I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be at time), so that may be the gold bar you're referring to. These also show up in the money bin btw.

Heroic Warrior
    One thing puzzles me about the game I thought Gyro knew Fenton was Gizmoduck why would they write it that Scrooge had to distract Gyro?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    One thing puzzles me about the game I thought Gyro knew Fenton was Gizmoduck why would they write it that Scrooge had to distract Gyro?
    If I recall correctly, while Gyro did build the suit, I don't think he ever knew that Fenton was Gizmoduck in the series.

Regardless, I found the distraction thing silly as well. Fenton is carrying the suit with him with the symbol sticking out, etc. Wouldn't Gyro notice this?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Well as Scrooge explains Gyro is a genius but misses a few things. Did anyone else notice in the Amazon the Incan statue that you can crush with your pogo jump, If I remember right at one point in the original game you can take a shortcut by paying the Incan statue to let you pass.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Did anyone else notice in the Amazon the Incan statue that you can crush with your pogo jump, If I remember right at one point in the original game you can take a shortcut by paying the Incan statue to let you pass.
    Yeah, and you get an achievement for it too. The name of the achievement alludes to what you're talking about.

Heroic Warrior
    Well according to the web Ducktales Remastered debuted at number 1 for WiiU sales not sure about PSN and next month with Xbox live joining in it looks like Capcom and Wayforward will be good on their word when they said the better Ducktales does the more likely they will be making Chip and Dale soon hopefully

HD figures on youtube
    Wow, had no idea about 3.

Heck I never even saw number 2 untill the internet....lol. I hope they make the sequels. Gor me they'll all be new games.