Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who holds the Sword of the Ancients?

Who holds the Sword of the Ancients?

Fangman coming with both the Timewheel and the Sword of the Ancinets was a great bonus. I love the idea of "artifacts" in the series. However, in my opinion, the sword doesn't quite belong on Fangman's hand. So:

Who holds the Sword of Ancients in your collection?

* Is it held by Fangman because he was included with it?

* Is it held by He-Man since he merged it with the Power Sword?

* Did you find a stone to put it in like "Masks of Power"?

* Is it in "your spare parts bin"?

* Or something much cooler?

Still working on that! Personally I'm working an angle for Fang Man that has him as a would-be dictator after Skeletor left him behind. He constantly fails, but it's all for the good of comedy. Anyway, since he's not exactly formidable, I have it that he has to collect all sorts of artifacts to keep him on par with others....of course that never quite pans out. He gets ahold of the Sword of the Ancients at one point, but since he has no magical capabilities it just amounts to him having a really nice sword that he doesn't need to sharpen. He loses it at one point, and I think that'll lead to it getting stuck in stone.

I still have to watch the episode attached to it: What's it supposed to do, anyway?

After Fang Man, I'm still trying to get an idea of who might use it. I'm thinking Skeletor might get it during his crazy days with the Alcala head. They always show him using a "lightning blade" that can cut through metal like nothin', so I imagine he was carrying around a pretty important sword that he could cast magic through. Why not the Sword of the Ancients? At least for awhile. I kinda want the sword to get around.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome thread idea! I've been wrestling with this as well, but I think I'm just going to write it off as another magical item that Skeletor wants to acquire after his transformation from Keldor to Skeletor. The Sorceress comes to Adam/He-Man at some point and says, "Prince Adam, He-Man is needed. Skeletor is on a quest to find the Sword of the Ancients and is dangerously close to discovering its location." Now that I think about it...aren't there places in the new Castle Grayskull to mount swords inside by the throne? Yep, that's where it's going.

Weirdly I might actually give it to one of my palace guards to hold if the colour matches - I want a long straight sword for their leader. Once I unbox them all that is, I currently have only a MOC collection sadly.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    Fangman coming with both the Timewheel and the Sword of the Ancinets was a great bonus. I love the idea of "artifacts" in the series. However, in my opinion, the sword doesn't quite belong on Fangman's hand. So:

Who holds the Sword of Ancients in your collection?

* Is it held by Fangman because he was included with it?

* Is it held by He-Man since he merged it with the Power Sword?

* Did you find a stone to put it in like "Masks of Power"?

* Is it in "your spare parts bin"?

* Or something much cooler?
    Fang Man's artifact is not the "Time Wheel" (that was the device that brought King Tamusk into the future from the past). The device that comes with Fang Man is "The Wheel of Infinity."

It will be an artifact in Castle Grayskull for me, thus the Sorceress will have it in my collection.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Fangman is holding the sword and sling shot looking thing, standing next to DB Skeletor who is holding the wheel of Infinity. They are joined by Scareglow, Whiplash, KK, and Stinkor on this particular excursion.

I gave it to Alcala Skeletor. A power sword needs a powerful bearer.

PS: I got four different Skeletors wearing different heads and carrying different swords and a fifth head is on it's way.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I feel this sword must go to someone from the ancient times. If and when we get Eldor, he will be the one who receives it. Other wise it will be in Castle Grayskull, safe from the hands of Skeletor. Maybe Zodac will wield it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    i'll give the sword of ancients to king hiss.

fang man's gonna wield jitsu's kama sickles: they match with his
    bracers and collar...and the blades look like "fangs" too!

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Fang Man's artifact is not the "Time Wheel" (that was the device that brought King Tamusk into the future from the past). The device that comes with Fang Man is "The Wheel of Infinity."
    Oh, right! The device with the Infinity symbol stamped right in the center of it?

For me, I currently have it in Fisto's hand. I was never quite happy with either of his two swords in classics and, as a bonus, it fits really well on his back!

However, in the episode it is described as the second most powerful sword on Eternia. Then when it speaks at the end of the episode it says something about battling for "freedom and justice" once more. I think maybe someone more "noble" might be the one who should have it.

Well since I hate the 200X Power Sword....and since Dare is supposed to be wielding the real one now....

I have it since the great threats are diminished, the Sword of Ancients was separated from the Power Sword by the Sorceress, and King Adam (not He-Man) now wields that. But as before the Power Sword still holds great power, regardless of the Sword of Ancients anyway, so....King Adam has that sword, and is protected by it's magics, as well as still channeling the Power of Grayskull on a diminished capacity.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think it may end up with Demo-Man on my shelf.

IN MY CANON™, Demo-Man visited Eternia during the time of Vikor. The little skull he came with is cursed. When it is close to Demo-Man, he is intelligent and has incredible magical power. When he is separated from the skull, he's a primal savage. Perhaps this sword may be the key to both severing the curse so Demo-Man may rampage unfettered throughout Eternia, or to destroy the skull and banish him to Despondos.

If i could get my hand on one i would give it to King Grayskull. In my canon he used that sword before the fall of He-ro

It does look really good with Hordak.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I've been trying to figure this out myself: I was planning on giving it to the Sorceress, because I like the 200X-inspired idea of her being equally adept at magics and hand-to-hand combat (but only in a pinch), but upon seeing the size of the hilt I changed my mind because I don't want to stretch the hilt out. Now I'm thinking that I might give it to the King Grayskull figure (the one that came with the red cloak) since he's got a free hand, and he lived in a time closer to that of the Ancients.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

The sword is held by Fang Man, the Wheel is held by TRU Zodac.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Maybe the Goddess?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Right now, spare parts bin. Fang's definitely NOT gonna be holding it. Maybe if I find some transparent stone thingies that can have it put on, a'la, Excalibur.

Second thought, maybe Vykron or Faceless One?
    Last edited by GrtEternal; March 23, 2013 at 04:33pm.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Since I really do not remember the sword from the cartoon, I just gave it to Fang Man
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Vykron.

Gave mine to Scare Glow! Looks really nice I never liked his green axe anyway.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Mine is resting on a Schleich Oracle Playset display. My Godess figure stands in it with all the unused artifacts laying around. I plan to continue to add more artifacts to it simce its a neat way to display them. If you have not seen the Oracle playset from Schleich look it up. Another member inspired me to get mine and I love it! It actually fits in quite well with the grey/green stonework common in MOTU.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    If I had one, I'd be sorely tempted to give it to He-Ro. Even in past years, I've toyed with the idea that he created it during the time between the defeat of the Snake Men and the Second Infinitan Invasion, as a precursor to the Sword of Power and a secondary weapon.

(No, he can't be wielding the Power Sword--he's got the Power Staff, and the Staff hasn't been reforged into the Sword yet. King Grayskull? Different Eternia. Sword of He? I don't know what you're talking about. )

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Mine is resting on a Schleich Oracle Playset display. My Godess figure stands in it with all the unused artifacts laying around. I plan to continue to add more artifacts to it simce its a neat way to display them.
    what a coincidence, i use the oracle in exact same way: with the goddess (and tod sorceress) and the artifacts.

Vikor has it in my collection.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."