Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who holds the Sword of the Ancients?

When I get her, it's going right by Shokoti!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I think the sword looks good with Fang man. About the wheel of infinity, it will go to one of the Enforcers team!

Heroic Warrior
    Can I change my answer? It's got what looks like a dragon or snake's face on it with fangs, so I'm going to go with...Granamyr's! In my cannon, Granamyr was an ancient wizard, even before the Snake Men/King Grayskull. He fought the Unnamed One and was trapped in the body of an old and crippled dragon. Granamyr's powers finally came back and he became the grumpy ancient dragon we all know and love. So the Sword of the Ancients belongs to Granamyr and is under safekeeping in Darksmoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    If i could get my hand on one i would give it to King Grayskull. In my canon he used that sword before the fall of He-ro
    that is a great idea

currently at fangmans feet. was considering sword in the stone. will watch episode its in to decide better.

i gotta watch fangman episode again.

like the idea of zodac holding the wheel. perhaps after watching the episode.
    Last edited by baronterror; March 24, 2013 at 03:31am.

I'm thinking about giving mine to King Grayskull or King He-Man.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I am thinking King Hsss , never been a big fan of the snake staff the snake men came with, i gave Rattlor the repaint Teela sword, seems in masters canon that snake face is more the magic user of the snake men so maybe he should keep the staff and Hsss who has it now should get the sword

I love the ideas of it being Grayskull's before he wielded the Power Sword and of Skeletor wielding it later during his crazy, "Beyond the Wall/VS Oo-Lar days."

I'm thinking the Elders forged it for Grayskull, who lost it in battle or simply relinquished it to one of his warriors, and it was passed along over generations (possibly to be wielded by a "He-Man" or two) and ultimately found by Skeletor after his creation-thus becoming his "lightning blade" and then being sealed in rock as in the minicomic or Filmation, to be found by He-Man and merged with the Sword of He.

The Wheel will likely end up in Grayskull, though I like the idea of an Enforcer guarding it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    Not sure yet. The sword is obviously a sword of "good" so to speak, and it should go to someone with power in my opinion. I need to research it a bit more before I decide.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Not sure yet. The sword is obviously a sword of "good" so to speak, and it should go to someone with power in my opinion. I need to research it a bit more before I decide.
    Allways thought that filmation episode was an answer for all of us who where kids at the time. who asked ok He mans, got his power sword skellertor, got his power sword.why don't we see Skeletor wih his power sword in filmation the sword of the ancients was the answer because only the duel sword that came with HE man and Skelertor could merge and become one with the power sword.

so ill probley say skelertor holds the sword of the ancients, in some alternate time line of course. or you could have anyone use it hence the reason why He man might want to merge it with his own.

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    Allways thought that filmation episode was an answer for all of us who where kids at the time. who asked ok He mans, got his power sword skellertor, got his power sword.why don't we see Skeletor wih his power sword in filmation the sword of the ancients was the answer because only the duel sword that came with HE man and Skelertor could merge and become one with the power sword.

so ill probley say skelertor holds the sword of the ancients, in some alternate time line of course. or you could have anyone use it hence the reason why He man might want to merge it with his own.
    Skeletor never knew it existed, if he did, he would have claimed it, I mean it was inside Snake Mt after all. I think it was an homage to the two halves if nothing else.

But the fact it joined with the Power Sword, that was already a whole, and it already contained the Power of Grayskull....that is what makes me want to use it for King Adam (what I call him). I hate the 200X sword, there's only one Power Sword, ever....period. So in my story I had the Sorceress split the Swords and Dare has the Power of Grayskull now, but Adam is still protected by the Sword of the Ancients, which has retained a bit of the Power from being merged for so long, Adam can't He-Man up, but he can get a power boost.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

If we had any, I think I would give it to a Council of Elders / Wisdom member as it can identify them to the various ranks and factions considering I see at this point in the MOTU story they would be a more underground organization. The sword be be given to the leader / representative.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Zodac

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I'm glad this thread is open. I think it's really interesting.

I can't see the Council of Wisdom purposefully leaving it behind in Snake Mountain after they drove the Snake Men away. However, I can see it as something King Hsss either created himself or stole from the Elders and used. Perhaps in the final battle, the Elders encased it in the quartz in order to prevent Hsss from accessing it, and the only one who would be able to draw it from the stone would be someone whose intentions were good.

So I'd give it to King Hsss in a Preternia display or Zodac.

I really don't know. Currently Fang Man still has it, but that's because I don't like how any other of my extra weapons look with him. Maybe inside Grayskull, but I'm not even sure I'll display it open. I kinda like the KHM, He-Ro & King Grayskull ideas, but I like the way they look with their original stuff. Somebody, someday will get it. lol

Maybe, I'll just give it to my boy Clawful & call it a day.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    what a coincidence, i use the oracle in exact same way: with the goddess (and tod sorceress) and the artifacts.
    Haha my TOD Sorc is on there as well! Great minds think alike! Im actually wondering about their Shadow Rock Elf House. I am curious to see if it might also be a good MOTUC display piece. Its kind of expensive though.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

King Hiss holds the sword in my collection. I have it that he took the sword from its protector, Zeelar, Zodak's brother, after capturing and then devouring him.

I hope we get Skeletor's crossbone sword as a bonus artifact too, that'll be a great looking sword as well!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Mine will be going into a fake rock like the cartoon. I will probably have someone posed trying to pull it out, though not sure who. If I had a Demos or Terella custom maybe one of them.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    We've got the sword and the wheel, but what exactly is the other thing that comes with Fang Man? I know it's something of importance, but I have no idea what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    We've got the sword and the wheel, but what exactly is the other thing that comes with Fang Man? I know it's something of importance, but I have no idea what it is.
    It was not shown in the cartoon I don't believe, it was in his Filmation concept drawing, I believe it's some sort of energy slingshot or something....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

I gave it to Teela originally, because when I wrote fanfiction, she was it's wielder. But it didn't look right, so I gave it Procrustus. It looks sweet in his back right hand.
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Well since I hate the 200X Power Sword....and since Dare is supposed to be wielding the real one now....
    I thought I was the only one who doesn't like that giant, unwieldy, cumbersome, and goofy boat-paddle of a sword....

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I have it since the great threats are diminished, the Sword of Ancients was separated from the Power Sword by the Sorceress, and King Adam (not He-Man) now wields that. But as before the Power Sword still holds great power, regardless of the Sword of Ancients anyway, so....King Adam has that sword, and is protected by it's magics, as well as still channeling the Power of Grayskull on a diminished capacity.
    Awesome idea!

Me? I simply gave it to Skeletor at first (mostly for reasons already mentioned here), but now Teela holds it since her 200X sword is terrible looking.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I thought I was the only one who doesn't like that giant, unwieldy, cumbersome, and goofy boat-paddle of a sword....
    I never liked the idea of that thing, just like I hate the fact that the 200X sword was given dominance for Fisto's armor, when the Vintage sword should have defined the holder on his back, and the bigger sword had a snap on part or something. That shopping cart to me ruined Fisto's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Awesome idea!

Me? I simply gave it to Skeletor at first (mostly for reasons already mentioned here), but now Teela holds it since her 200X sword is terrible looking.
    I have Teela holding MAA's short sword, I also dislike her 200X sword.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    If i could get my hand on one i would give it to King Grayskull. In my canon he used that sword before the fall of He-ro
    IMC, He-Ro constructed the electronic (200X) Power Sword for King Grayskull so he could channel his inner power to it's full potential. Before KG got either Power Sword, his weapon was Entwinir™, the storyless He-Man battleaxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Gave mine to Scare Glow! Looks really nice I never liked his green axe anyway.
    That's why we give Scare Glow the "rusted metallic" volge that comes with the weapons rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I can't see the Council of Wisdom purposefully leaving it behind in Snake Mountain after they drove the Snake Men away. However, I can see it as something King Hsss either created himself or stole from the Elders and used. Perhaps in the final battle, the Elders encased it in the quartz in order to prevent Hsss from accessing it, and the only one who would be able to draw it from the stone would be someone whose intentions were good.

So I'd give it to King Hsss in a Preternia display or Zodac.
    This sounds good. I'm giving mine to King Hssss as well. Though he still has it presently being it was knocked with him into the void.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not sure who to put it with now, but it will eventually go with Eldor if he's ever made. For now, since the Goddess is Sharella (He-Ro/Gray's adopted mother/guardian in the original POG story), it may go with her.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Not sure who to put it with now, but it will eventually go with Eldor if he's ever made. For now, since the Goddess is Sharella (He-Ro/Gray's adopted mother/guardian in the original POG story), it may go with her.
    I was thinking Eldor too, Scott. Although I do like the idea of the sword as King Grayskull's sword before He-Ro gave him the power sword. Of course, Eldor could have given it to KG. I guess I'm saying that I really want Eldor to show up in this line.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"