View Poll Results: Would you like to see other toy sites offer MOTUC exclusives?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to see more figures offered this way.

54 73.97%
  • No, I am not interested.

19 26.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy exclusives via other toy sites?

Would you buy exclusives via other toy sites?

Now that the focus has been switched to vintage characters from MOTU and PoP, with some core Filmation and NA characters in 2014 and 2015, would you like it if Mattycollector worked with other sites like Big Bad Toy Store, Action Figure Xpress, Entertainment Earth, etc., and together they offered up exclusive figures that were of the obscure characters, like Illumina, Red Beast, Goat Man, Wind Raider Pilot, King Hsss' Slave Girl, Sharella, Songster, etc., which would only be available via those sites?
    Last edited by King Tamusk; March 24, 2013 at 07:35pm.

If it meant more figures, sure! Great idea! Remember, we used to get Toyfare Exclusives in 200X, so there's some precedent.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

This would be awesome. However, I can also see it being a lot like Strobo or the Amazon Exclusive Unicron.....scalped to death.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing some lesser known characters released this way.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

So long as it's nothing like the TRU exclusives....I hate trying to get something from them that's an exclusive, it's stupid, they should be more like Wal-Mart ot Target exclusives, not TRU. It's BS that Hasbro does that, I hate TRU, I hate even going into the store.....rip offs.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Seems like a great idea to me. It would of course open up the dreaded posts and threads about shipping....like if one store charged more than an other for shipping the same size figure etc....but any way to keep this line going...I am for it.

Not really as I prefer to focus on Mattel direct (as bad as that sounds). I mean it would be nice for them to have connections to other businesses, but then it becomes another gamble with will you be able to get the exclusives and when a third party gets involved (and this IS NOT always the case) it always seems to cost so much more in the long run.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Not really as I prefer to focus on Mattel direct (as bad as that sounds). I mean it would be nice for them to have connections to other businesses, but then it becomes another gamble with will you be able to get the exclusives and when a third party gets involved (and this IS NOT always the case) it always seems to cost so much more in the long run.
    Unlike now, when dealing with con exclusives and sub exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So long as it's nothing like the TRU exclusives....I hate trying to get something from them that's an exclusive, it's stupid, they should be more like Wal-Mart ot Target exclusives, not TRU. It's BS that Hasbro does that, I hate TRU, I hate even going into the store.....rip offs.
    I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to think you don't like TRU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    This would be awesome. However, I can also see it being a lot like Strobo or the Amazon Exclusive Unicron.....scalped to death.
    Strobo was offered through Mattycollector during Early Access, and in limited number. So, it can happen regardless of whether it's sold on Matty or another site. What makes the difference is the limit number. A limit of 10 is only set up for those that resell the figures. The average collector doesn't need 10 of any item.

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    It all depends. Most of the sites you mentioned offer Pre-Sales. If that's the case and the collecting community is AMPLY notified of the day that pre-sales go on sale, then Absolutely! I love dealing with BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Toy Wiz, ETC, etc... but if we find out later, after they've all been scalped, well then that defeats the whole purpose.

But yes, guaranteeing sales via 3rd party retailers is an amazing idea. IF executed properly. But how many of us have the confidence that Matty would execute this properly. I mean really.

Yes, especially if it would help motivate these sites to buy (or continue to buy, or buy even more) subscriptions to keep the main line going. Seems like it would establish a positive relationship with Mattel and give them incentive to carry MOTUC product.

I'm all for it. BBTS buys so many subscriptions that I think Mattel should offer it through them as a thank you for their support. They would do it on a pre-order system so we could all be guaranteed to get one. Win-win for everyone.

I'm all for this. BBTS, Amazon, AFX, or any of the big sites, other toy lines do this and it's a great cross promotion for the line and the site. I'd support an Org exclusive too.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

You had me with obscure characters! YES!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'm all for this. BBTS, Amazon, AFX, or any of the big sites, other toy lines do this and it's a great cross promotion for the line and the site. I'd support an Org exclusive too.
    Illumina would make the ideal Org exclusive character.....just saying......

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Sounds great, a way to get more figures without the subscription hassle is all good. But there is one problem with your list. Goat-Man is easily above and beyond the others on the list and should be in the 2014 or 2015 lineup.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, yes, and as long as they can be pre-ordered, YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Lol. Rarely does our opinion synch SF76. TRU is the best place for exclusive toys (and video games). Most TRUs have a halfway knowledgable staff about toys. TRU also seems like the only big chain brick & mortar that knows how much the collector base means to them in this economy. My TRU is very helpful- they'll even hold something for (us) if we ask in advance. If you can be there on truck day (which they'll always let you know) at open, it's a lot easier than getting lucky at a 24hr Walmart that puts new stuff out at whatever time of the day, or being turned away due to a ridiculous Target policy that loses sales because they "can't get anything from the back".

I voted yes but wouldnt really like it.
    Id buy them because id want them.
    I like getting them all in one place...as flawed as it may be. I just dont like keeping up with all the dates and worrying if im going to get one.
    But again...if they did it id buy them, atleast the ones I wanted. lol

Pre sales hell yea
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'm not interested in hunting around various sites to make sure I get all the figures I want. Plus it seems highly unrealistic that small fan sites would offer exclusive figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    It seems highly unrealistic that small fan sites would offer exclusive figures.
    Small fan sites- no. But larger online retailers was actually Mattys' plan for variants and the like when the line started iirc. BBTS, AFX, and EE have exclusive figures for big names like Transformers and Star Wars all the time. Plus 4H do it with their company's offerings. At this point, depending on who the character and how "easy"(no new parts) the figure is, I can see these doing well.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; March 30, 2013 at 09:16pm. Reason: fixed typo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I'm not interested in hunting around various sites to make sure I get all the figures I want. Plus it seems highly unrealistic that small fan sites would offer exclusive figures.
    Pretty much this, I'd rather not go seaching for exclusives, but I would if they decided to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Unlike now, when dealing with con exclusives and sub exclusives.
    Well yes to a certain extent. They are Mattel ONLY sub and con exclusives which are sold by Matty, so if you miss or can't attend (for a limited time) you have a shot. You only have to deal with Matty (as chaotic as that can be at times) and the price is what it is; it won't go up in a matter of hours, days or weeks. I've mentioned this before at NYCC the Matty booth sold the TOD Sorceress and a dealer two booths away sells her for double, so go figure; imagine if they had an exclusive and knowing the craze that is MOTU Classics I hate thinking this (as I do not object whole heartily to it) but I would prefer to just deal with Matty (GULP) and take my chances. And only as a last resort, then if not successful deal with a secondary seller/dealer/store; cause at this point knowing how the world of exclusives go... price gauging is inevitable.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

absolutely. I still can't believe the .org has never gotten an exclusive in some way. Illumina would be perfect.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    If it allows for more slots for repaints and more obscure characters....HELL YES!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    No please. It's already an irritation that my all-in sub doesn't put "all" of the line "in" it as it is, I don't want to worry about having to travel all over the internet to hunt down this line.