View Poll Results: Would you like to see other toy sites offer MOTUC exclusives?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to see more figures offered this way.

54 73.97%
  • No, I am not interested.

19 26.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy exclusives via other toy sites?

online retail sites have done it in the past. Look at the Four Horseman's Seventh Kingdom line as an example. In fact for the most part they made just a few figures, and each site got a repaint and it's own combination of accessories for the individual characters.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

nah rather stick how it is.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    If it allows for more slots for repaints and more obscure characters....HELL YES!!!
    ^Exactly. Red Beastman, Fleshy Trap Jaw, and Evil Stratos would be the best for this endeavor. The biggest online retailers should get the bigger names. BBTS= Filmation Hordak etc.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for any way to get mote figures and characters into this line. If BBTS offered a Filmation Evil Lyn and Trap Jaw 2pack, I would have ordered it yesterday.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep! That would be great!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

What would be the point? If it's a figure that's economically viable, why just give a portion of the profits away to another toy site?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    What would be the point? If it's a figure that's economically viable, why just give a portion of the profits away to another toy site?
    That's not how it works. Let's say Big Bad Toy Store wants to have a MOTUC exclusive. They contact Mattel and discuss the option. If Mattel agrees, they will tell them how much the will have to pay to get X amount of units. That price tag covers all of the expenses to produce the figure, as well as a profit for Mattel. If BBTS agrees to the amount, they pay for the entire thing up front. So, Mattel has already made a profit and they don't have to worry about selling out or distributing the product. They are not losing out at all. If anything, their brand is reaching a larger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    If it allows for more slots for repaints and more obscure characters....HELL YES!!!
    That's how I feel. It would be a good way to get characters out that will likely not make it out otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That's how I feel. It would be a good way to get characters out that will likely not make it out otherwise.
    Exactly. Obscure characters AND variants, too.

No thanks. Not very interested in most obscure characters.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor