Thread: Eternia Playset complete in box. Need advice.

Widget

Eternia Playset complete in box. Need advice.

I just got all of my He-Man toys (among others) from my fathers house and am sorting through everything. Plan to set everything up tonight. I saw that it's not recommended to put the track together as it will break. I also read that it's pretty rare and I seem to have all the rare parts like the windshield, chains and flags. I always took care of my toys, although the box is pretty beat up. I am deeply considering selling everything as He-Man was never the favorite of my toys (my apologies). I also have a complete GI Joe collection that is my pride and joy. Although I have a large house I simply don't have room for all of it.

My question is this. Should I sell it all now or hang on to it and hope it appreciates and if I hang on to it will my 130 degree Houston attic degrade the plastic? My GI Joe's already take up one of the bedrooms and their not even set up. Just getting ridiculous.

Snappy Threader
    Whatever you do, please don't store it in the attic. I had some of my older toys in an attic for years and they are worthless now. All warped and slimy.

1. Do NOT store it in the attic.
    2.) You say He-Man isn't your favorite.... so sell it to a fan on this website where it will be taken care off,preserved & appreciated.
    3.) Sorry to hear your a GI Joe fan.

Widget
    I'll post pictures tonight and you all can give me an idea of what it's worth.

eternia

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $150. The play-set is great but old plastic and hundreds of dollars to display an item that takes up a lot of space is beyond my reach. I hope you score a good deal.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Podcaster
    I agree with my fellow Orgers!

1. Get them OUT of the attic! Whether you keep them or sell them, you need to take good care of them!

2. Do NOT put the tracks together. Photograph the pieces seperate and it still counts as complete.

3. If you sell them, try to sell them here because the diehard MOTU fans will really appreciate it and give it a good home where it will be loved. With good photos, you will get fair offers and should be able to work something out despite your lack of experience here. I was able to buy an Eternia here on this site from a person like you - had MOTU stuff, didn't really get into it - and it worked out great. While Hoover's situation dictates that he could only pay $150, many here will pay you substantially more for a loose, complete Eternia, especially since you have the box, even beat up it is rare.

Best of luck to you - I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Awesome collection! I've been watching Eternia sets on Ebay lately and mostly complete ones go between 500-800 so I would venture to guess you'll get some really good offers for a complete one! You have some good figures there too. The dinosaurs tend to fetch decent money (50-100 depending on completeness) as do later wave figures like the Sorceress and Clamp Champ. Thank you for sharing and good luck!

Heroic Podcaster
    I would not be surprised if you got some offers for the entire set. That is darn near a complete loose collection with a lot of rarities.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I would not be surprised if you got some offers for the entire set. That is darn near a complete loose collection with a lot of rarities.
    That would be preferred. I'm leaning towards selling as I don't have room in a climate controlled part of my house. Do I just post this in the market place and if no offers post on ebay? I could prolly get more selling the individual pieces but that's a headache, so I'll see what kind of offers I can get for the complete set.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm located in Houston Texas

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    **Please remember that any discussion of buying and selling needs to be done in the Marketplace forum. Thanks!**
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Widget
    Ok, I will post in marketplace, although I'm still not sure what they are worth or if we are supposed to post in ebay and then put the link in marketplace.
    Last edited by brooks; March 28, 2013 at 12:54pm.

at this point we need to have a separate forum just for people who register specifically to ask "how much are my old he-man toys worth?"