Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redesign Challenge #105: TEELA!

Movie mayhem!

Redesign Challenge #105: TEELA!

Congrats to Blast Attack for last rounds win!

This is a really busy time for me and I think Pyre has been busy as well so I'm just going to post this quick to get things moving. The rules are the same as in previous rounds. Super excited to see what you all come up with for Teela. This should be an epic one!

Deadline is: May 17th

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patreek; April 30, 2013 at 02:07pm.

This is my entry, i redesigned my own version some time ago but still iīm proud of how she came out and thatīs why iīm making her my entry.

I tried to take all the different areas and created my own version, i even tried a darker hair version but i like her blonde as she was intended to be
    Last edited by Niki; March 27, 2013 at 12:56pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great Niki, this one I may have to enter....

She was next in line for my redesign project anyways
    My MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE RE-DESIGN post: click it because you know you wanna

Hi guys,
    long time I didn't post on the forum. Here's my entry for this challenge. An old stuff I did for Teela
    Hope you'll like it.
    See ya,
    Chris
    teela.jpg

Niki: love that hairstyle. It simmarizes very well classic Filmation line and longer version. Super.
    Aliengraphic: ouch, that tattoo I like the picture and pulp fantasy or cheap sci-fi feeling there. But is she a hero that could save the day or just a hot sidekick of He-man?

This re-design was almost too hard for me. Teela is such a perfect character and I have nothing to add to 200X version. Unless... if character's role will be different, her looks may be little different too. Maybe Teela would be even stronger warrior woman. Little more mature, best fighter in ranks of Randor. Big girl who needs someone so strong like He-man to lift her when she's having impossible odds against. Let's make some more problems to Adam

heavyteela.jpg
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g?t=1364920241
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Niki: love that hairstyle. It simmarizes very well classic Filmation line and longer version. Super.
    Aliengraphic: ouch, that tattoo I like the picture and pulp fantasy or cheap sci-fi feeling there. But is she a hero that could save the day or just a hot sidekick of He-man?

This re-design was almost too hard for me. Teela is such a perfect character and I have nothing to add to 200X version. Unless... if character's role will be different, her looks may be little different too. Maybe Teela would be even stronger warrior woman. Little more mature, best fighter in ranks of Randor. Big girl who needs someone so strong like He-man to lift her when she's having impossible odds against. Let's make some more problems to Adam

heavyteela.jpg
    Thank you, i tried to combine all her different styles into one, i even gave her the darker hair as well but in the end i like her blonde.

Your Teela has a Pretty face no doubt but she is to much big wrestler amazon for my taste...poor tiny Adam
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post

heavyteela.jpg
    OMG! I love it, I agree her Filmation look always stands out to me, on the surface it's so simple yet the way she puts her hair up and her almost 50s era sci-fi space babe pulp outfit really made her more memorable then that cobra headdress could. Which was why I'm not a fan of her "battleground" look since she just looks like she should be posing aside Conan the Barbarian or something, and really didn't work in the DC comic cause the lazy artist made her and Adam look like brother and sister...awkward. Y'know what her body type reminds me of? Google woman's wrestler Reggie Bennett, VERY strong and beautiful woman you wouldn't want to get on the bad side of LOL!

Anyway I'm gonna give this a go as well, have an idea to incorporate a lot of her looks into one, but still redhead of course.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Thank you for your comments guys
    Well, I thought when I designed she could be a sexy heroin and save the day while being hot sidekick of He-Man
    Hope you like...

Chris

Here's mine

My MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE RE-DESIGN post: click it because you know you wanna

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk666 View Post
    Your design reminds me of the movie She-Ra design. She also has those leather straps and the asymmetric elements.

Her face is to square and almost masculine looking for my taste. With all those muscles she should be called "Steroid Teela" but very creative!
    Last edited by Niki; April 4, 2013 at 08:13pm.

Obelisk666's redesign scares me. I mean it really really scares me. That is one horrifying looking woman
    Last edited by JafariStew; April 6, 2013 at 08:44am. Reason: unnecessary roughness, lets try to keep the comments more constructive.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk666 View Post
    Oh Lord. That's Teela?
    Last edited by JafariStew; April 6, 2013 at 08:43am. Reason: unnecessary roughness, lets try to keep the comments more constructive.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Here's my entry! My first time entering one of these!

Hope you guys like! <3
    Last edited by RenRa; April 5, 2013 at 11:39pm.

well seeing as ppl have said I might as well enter this comp here once again is my Teela redesign

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Great job Renra, your looks like a 'Vaughn Bode' Teela awesome!,
    Obelisk, man that's one bad ass looking Teela, I think she's a wee bit to '******' for me but the costume on a ...more..feminine figure could work in a old school fantasy kinda way,

Here's mine:

and one with a bit more saturated colours:

Last edited by Crusader; April 8, 2013 at 11:08am.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, weirdly beautiful well done

Movie mayhem!
    Really liking what I'm seeing here so far! Great job guys. Wolfy I think that might be my favorite redesign you've done so far. Excellent!

Arcanepunk Teela

Here's mine:

I based my design on one of the Teela movie concepts from Mattel's SDCC "The Art Of MOTU" art book released in 2009. I always liked that small concept drawing of Teela in "The Future" section. She & her companions concepts invoke a stylistic combo of sci-fi, fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk, & a hint of Masamune Shirow. That kind of mix of fantasy & sci-fi is often referred to as "Arcanepunk," so that's what I named this version of Teela. I might continue with the ideas presented in that book at a later time & make an MOTU "Arcanepunk" art card series based on those unused Movie concepts after I complete my other current MOTU projects.

I have been waiting for this redesign challenge as it gave me a good reason to finally draw that updated version of Teela based on that book's loose monochromatic art. I hope you all like it!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post

I based my design on one of the Teela movie concepts from Mattel's SDCC "The Art Of MOTU" art book released in 2009. I always liked that small concept drawing of Teela in "The Future" section. She & her companions concepts invoke a stylistic combo of sci-fi, fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk, & a hint of Masamune Shirow. That kind of mix of fantasy & sci-fi is often referred to as "Arcanepunk," so that's what I named this version of Teela. I might continue with the ideas presented in that book at a later time & make an MOTU "Arcanepunk" art card series based on those unused Movie concepts after I complete my other current MOTU projects.

I have been waiting for this redesign challenge as it gave me a good reason to finally draw that updated version of Teela based on that book's loose monochromatic art. I hope you all like it!
    Thatīs a very different way, i didnīt see that one coming. Her face, as always looks amazing and your details and coloring looks great.

But she is more Scarlett from G.I.JOE than Teela if you ask me, this earth military vibe is to strong for my taste. But that a side, great picture and very well crafted!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Thatīs a very different way, i didnīt see that one coming. Her face, as always looks amazing and your details and coloring looks great.

But she is more Scarlett from G.I.JOE than Teela if you ask me, this earth military vibe is to strong for my taste. But that a side, great picture and very well crafted!
    Thanks Niki, and I can see your comparison to GI Joe's Scarlett, as she is another favorite of mine! I always try to give my characters an individual look in the face, as it keeps them from being too generic *in my universe* so that everyone I draw doesn't look all the same with a different hair style etc, lol ...I want everyone to be an individual and attractive (or not) in different ways. They can even change facial looks when they are the same character from universe to universe. And as always I appreciate your compilments & feedback! Glad you like the colors!

I hope that your dazzling Teela does well this competition as I think it is one of the best of the lot! She has all of the combined "best" Teela elements to make for an attractive and satisfying design!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    JafariStew and wolfy are my favorites so far. wish i could be part of this redesign!! but i am busy with DoE.....

keep up the good work everyone!

Here's my redesign, I hope you like it!

Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Movie mayhem!
    Looking good everyone. Remember time is running out. Figured more of you out there would be excited to tske on Teela. If you areblurking out there but plan to enter please post letting me know and pm me of u need more time.