Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redesign Challenge #105: TEELA!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    lots of interesting works here. i'm especially diggin' aliengraphic's take on teela.

oh, my! I will give it a try!

Any chance of an extension. I have been busy and have not finished.
    ~ What doesn't kill you only makes you stranger ~

Movie mayhem!
    Sure guys, what do you guys think? 2 more weeks? Anyone else out there that would enter if they had more time? Helps to know to help plan

2 weeks sounds cool

Widget
    I almost done but 2 weeks would work great for me as well!

I think two weeks extentions sounds great, normally i´m late and those extra two weeks always helped me a lot.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Movie mayhem!
    Alright 2 weeks it is. :-)

Movie mayhem!
    How are those entries coming?

Slave -Teela

Hello,
    Cool that this redesign challenge is happening right now. This is Slave-Teela from the new Skeletor piece I'm doing. I don't consider myself a character designer by trade. I'm generally more interested in the presentation and articulation of the character. However, for the Skeletor piece I'm doing, Teela is not represented in her normal role as warrior Goddess. I actually did have to make quite a few design decisions that I deemed appropriate for her assuming this new role and I do admit that I rather did enjoy making those decisions. I wanted her to be instantly recognizable as Teela but also convey her new station as the result of the Jewel of the Ages (see "Teela's Quest" from Ladybird).
    Hope you guys dig it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Hello,
    Cool that this redesign challenge is happening right now. This is Slave-Teela from the new Skeletor piece I'm doing. I don't consider myself a character designer by trade. I'm generally more interested in the presentation and articulation of the character. However, for the Skeletor piece I'm doing, Teela is not represented in her normal role as warrior Goddess. I actually did have to make quite a few design decisions that I deemed appropriate for her assuming this new role and I do admit that I rather did enjoy making those decisions. I wanted her to be instantly recognizable as Teela but also convey her new station as the result of the Jewel of the Ages (see "Teela's Quest" from Ladybird).
    Hope you guys dig it.
    …I think we have a winner
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    …I think we have a winner
    Very nice of you to say that however there's a lot of great work here and that fat lady is not singing yet!

Guys I think I'm gonna have to bow out of this . I'm gonna be at my mom's all this weekend until next Wednesday when I go to the SF Bay Area for BigWow! next weekend (which I've been looking forward to especially, since Esteban Maroto will be there, too bad I don't have any of his MOTU art to have autographed) But I won't be able to have access to my or any other scanner for a whole week even if I do finish my Teela. I'll post it some other time after the contest ends, but it's okay, I usually only get like 1 vote if I'm lucky anyway. Good luck to everyone else

Also, excellent work Ayota, but now perhaps you should have drawn Slave Teela laying next to Sh'Gora for maximum fan-service
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Movie mayhem!
    You could take a picture of it with your phone maybe?
    Everyone get those final entries in. :-)

Here's my entry. Thanks for the extra time. Finally finshed the 3D version. The 2D was my first attempt at digital inking. Wasn't my best work. This is a lot better.

Last edited by Virtuose; May 27, 2013 at 10:30pm.

Widget
    We got until tomorrow at 12:00pm correct? I went and restarted all over again.

Widget
    Well here is mine I retried a couple of times I think it turned out ok I wrote a little description so you know why she looks like she does. Hope everyone likes it. Teela Final.jpg

Also, excellent work Ayota, but now perhaps you should have drawn Slave Teela laying next to Sh'Gora for maximum fan-service [/QUOTE]

Didn't Sh'gora enslave the Sorceress?
    In the final piece she'll be laying next to someone better I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Also, excellent work Ayota, but now perhaps you should have drawn Slave Teela laying next to Sh'Gora for maximum fan-service :sklol

Didn't Sh'gora enslave the Sorceress?
    In the final piece she'll be laying next to someone better I promise!:
    Well she looks like slave Leia, and Sh'gora was the closest think I could think of that looks like Jabba The Hutt
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

I like the bio for sure Nimrodor, very imaginative!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Wow, lots of great pieces folks. I love Jafaristew's! way to go bro!

Looks like I missed this one. Sorry folks for being out of the picture. Been busy as ever.

Well for what it's worth, i thought I'd share what my submission would have been, with some shading and color touch ups:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    Wow, lots of great pieces folks. I love Jafaristew's! way to go bro!

Looks like I missed this one. Sorry folks for being out of the picture. Been busy as ever.

Well for what it's worth, i thought I'd share what my submission would have been, with some shading and color touch ups:
    Thanks Pyre! Loving yours too! Especially the face & ornate decor! Competition still seems to be on so I'd say your IN!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Thanks Pyre! Loving yours too! Especially the face & ornate decor! Competition still seems to be on so I'd say your IN!!
    Looks like it since there hash´t been a new thread with the poll opened, this competition is on and running!

Well in that case:

TEELA Rdsgn#105 PYRE by ~TheGreenSkeletor on deviantART

lol. I wonder where Patreek Is. Maybe I'll close this up so we can get some voting started. I'll try to catch up with Patreek.
    Last edited by Pyre; May 26, 2013 at 07:45pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Man I have one all done but my iPad is so crappy and full it can't get the photo bucket app, I have a pic of it taken with the iPad camra but alas I just can't seem to get it on the site,..bbbllleerrgg