Thread: Question: Protective Cases for loose Tigersharks

Question: Protective Cases for loose Tigersharks

Im looking for ideas of cases collectors have used for their loose Tigersharks figures. They are taller and often wider than MOTU figs so cant use the standard case. Any ideas? Post pics or a vendor if possible. Looking for 8 cases.

photo photo4_zpsdeabd544.jpg
    Last edited by thorns02; June 10, 2013 at 11:47pm.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    id say the cards are the same height as thundercats no? If so what I did was buy the zoloworld.com deluxe cases, put the card in the back of the lip and let the figure just stand on the bottom base and hang them on the wall, I did that to my loose TCats with card backers. No regrets at all! Nice set too btw!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

That's a good idea man, thank you. I'm not really one to hang them on a wall and was looking for a good way to store them I guess (like all in a box after the figs were put in cases). I know not displaying them is near criminal but lack of display space is my main issue. Thanks for the idea and I may go that route since I have the card backs anyway. Smart!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

No problem bro, seriously I cant tell you how nice that collection of yours is there! Its near impossible to find some of those! Ive tried so many options through out the years for my Thundercats and realized that when the heavier ljn figures sit on top of each other they can get damaged easy, and always storing the figures seperate from the cards was just... weird. Make sure you measure the cards first to make sure they will fit the deluxe specs! The zolo cases stack on top of each other, and while the bubble is a bit deep on the deluxe, its a small price to pay for the best protection, trust me Ive had these things get smashed and the figures are still mint! Also they allow air flow so dont expect your figures to get moldy and gross either! Thats a big plus!

Also to note, if you chuck the figures in with the cards, personally from experiance put the weapons in a smaller baggie to avoid any rubbing on the figure, should you experiance a tempature shift at least also they will never melt or fuse together! What would look killer with your set would be 2 small holes in the cards to twist tie to figures back onto the cards for storage at their waist line, but yeah dont damage the cards more lol!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    An alternate plan could be to get some Dollsafe boxes or the figures, and some acid free large mylar bags for the cards.

Im liking the idea of keeping the cards displayed with the figures more and more. Not sure why I didit think of that before. Ill give the cards a measure and check on the cases from zoloworld. Looks like the Deluxe cases are sold out currently. If all else fails, earth to mall has some cases that would work for loose Tigersharks.

Thanks for the kind words on the collection. The figs are minty fresh, all off the card, and work perfectly! Very excited to have them in my collection. I was lucky to recently meet a guy who was selling his entire collection of 80's figures and these were just one line I had to jump right away. I've picked up a few Remco lines from him too. Pirates, Conan, Warlord, Mantech, and Warrior Beasts.

Pirates photo photo3_zps9c53dd14.jpg
     photo photo14_zps1d445d87.jpg
     photo photo13_zpsd552df2a.jpg

Oh........ oh my god............... thats.... beautiful. I cant even handle this right now. Seriously dude, WOW your a lucky man to own those!!!

Shoot zolo a message to see when the cases come in again, he restocks pretty quickly! I might even do so myself to get extras for newer stuff just purchased.

Alright, Ive decided to buy a case where I can display the cardback and then the figure in side of course. I do like the idea of twist-tying the figure to the cards with two small holes, but would hate to ruin the cards any more and perhaps give the figs a paint rub from the twist-tie. Now its just finding the correct case for these bad boys. I think the deluxe cases from Zolo for the Thundercats line are going to be too wide. Tigersharks cards measure 11 1/14" W (or so) x 8" H.

UPDATE: I found out that the Zolo 200x cases fit the Tigersharks cardback dang near perfectly (although a bit high). Ordered myself 8 new cases and am looking forward to safely housing my new favorite oddball 80's line.

photo cc0ef32c-7e64-45d3-9fd9-004caeb9c37e_zps1c674757.jpg

photo 6e5687dc-ec29-4e43-bde3-35b3af06e956_zps07f15bfd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Updated Pics
    Last edited by thorns02; June 15, 2013 at 03:26pm.

You guys are too awesome! Will the original bubbles fit in the 200x case as well my friend? i do not have any original Tigersharks MOC to try.

Hey man! Glad you enjoyed the case discussion.

I don't have any MOC Tigersharks either, but the way my loose figs fit with the cardbacks in the 200x case I'd highly doubt they'd fit the bubble of a MOC example. The bubbles for some of these Tigershark figures would be pretty big since a good number of them are "bigger" figures.

Looking forward to wave two of the ROTU figs. Any release date?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Yes, we are finilizing the shipment from our factory so we should have them ready very soon to ship t our factory. The finals versions of the figures are fantastic, as I collect them as well

The Kry-Sis is the variant version shown in the pics.

get_offpic2carchterrussticker.jpgget_offpic2j.jpegget_offpic2g.jpeg