View Poll Results: Would you subscribe to a New Adventures Mini-Subscription?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there are too many important characters that need to be made!

86 53.42%
  • No, the characters in NA are not all that important to me.

75 46.58%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you subscribe to a New Adventures Mini-Subscription?

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Yes for me. I'm not a big NA's fan, but some of the designs are really cool, even if I have no nostalgia connected with them. They would make really cool MOTUC's figures. Look no further that the NA figures we already have in the line.

If I had to choose between another Filmation sub in 2014 or a NA sub, no doubt I would vote for Filmation.

Sure, why not.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Absolutely they deserve to be made just as much as MOTU & POP. I also believe out of all the figures the NA figures have been some of the absolute best of the line so far as the 4H have really outdone themselves with them.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

voted no. if that was the only was to get any of the new adventures, yes i would sub. but at this point i would prolly take my chances.

ultimately no. who did/do i actually want? optik and slush head, check.

flog, crita, and sagitar.

i wouldnt mind picking up quake and since i already have ikarius ill take a hydron, and a battle mara if they made her.

but almost none of the heroes i care for though i can be happy with most of the mutants.

based on the show alone gave ne an appreciation for staghorn, butthead, and the aforementioned quake

Heroic Warrior
    No, just want the mutants, the heroes are lame...

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I brought this up in the NA forum & feel its worth sharing here.
    I strongly suggest that MOTU fans should go visit Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios in the Fan-Art Forum section on the Org.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Character-Bios
    The NA character bios are amazing, giving the characters & the over all story much depth & conflict.
    It may change a few minds on how they view NA. It converted me into a strong NA fan.
    I don't like or want the He-Man in space story, and so far only Slush Head even looks remotely decent to me, and that's not saying much at all, mostly because the head's not articulated and trapped in a water tight bubble. Optikk is OK, but he's an eye on a recolored Trap Jaw body, with a Gold armor. And I really don't like Karatti at all, nor do I care for the He-Man we've got coming, he and Karatti are going to the marketplace for sure. I truly don't like 200X, but I can get into that much easier than I ever could NA. Icarius just doesn't do anything for me either, so honestly to me, I can really live without NA.

To me NA is like Highlander 2....it's there in maybe a dream or something, alright I suppose on it's own, but to me, it never happened....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 31, 2013 at 12:39am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

After NA Skeletor and a few more mutents then I say NO to NA. I never really got into it!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bring on a New Adventures sub! Give us characters that we never had in the 90's.
    Absolutely! Mara, Sebrian, Adam, Drissi, Caz, the Scientists, Darius, Sorceress, Teela, Crita, just to name a few..... I think they ALL deserve the 4H treatment!

I brought this up in the NA forum & feel its worth sharing here.
    I strongly suggest that MOTU fans should go visit Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios in the Fan-Art Forum section on the Org.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Character-Bios
    The NA character bios are amazing, giving the characters & the over all story much depth & conflict.
    It may change a few minds on how they view NA. It converted me into a strong NA fan.
    This is awesome! I have always been a fan of New Adventures, and this is a fantastic, in-depth look at some of the coolest characters!

Thanks for posting this Kylun!

(Now I want an NA sub more than ever!)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

YES but no more Trap Jaw parts!!!

Yes, they are fantastic and I want them all. Every one of them has been knocked out of the park so far in Classics and I have faith that the 4HM could do justice to even the most boring of the Guardians.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Crita
    Quakke
    Tuskador
    Mara
    Darius
    Hoove

Sure!!

I'd rather have a pop sub first. But I think they should do both.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yes without hesitation

Yes. I have no nostalgia for Filmation characters but collected the NA toys and remember them fondly. I would prefer figures that were in the original NA toy range to characters exclusive to the NA cartoon and concept figures etc. In particular I want NA Skeletor, Flogg and Lizorr.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This is a tough one for me.

I really want to say NO, but I'd buy any MOTU sub matty put out there.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I would definitely buy a NA he-man subscription but for 6-8 worthy buying figures only
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Probably not, but I'd definitely buy a POP sub.

I do think there are some cool NA characters that I'd consider though - Sagitar, Flogg, Artilla (cartoon version) and Quakke are beyond cool and I've always wanted to see Master Sebrian, Mara and especially CRITA made in plastic form!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd rather have a pop sub first. But I think they should do both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Probably not, but I'd definitely buy a POP sub.
    Well think of it like this: If there was a sub dedicated to New Adventures, then that would free up more slots for POP characters!

Of course, this would sound more convincing if NA actually had a presence in MOTUC and occupied more than ONE slot a year.........

Nope! Never liked that series/characters never will.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    NA reminded me so much of the 80s toys that were out there. Remember all those space themed shows & toys (or guys in suits)?
    For me the NA is capturing a little bit of that. In the 80 there was dominantly two types of fantasy. One was warrior barbarians, monsters, wizards or the futuristic space fighters, robots & spacecrafts. MOTU had both!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes Definitely!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

NA reminded me so much of the 80s toys that were out there. Remember all those space themed shows & toys (or guys in suits)?
    For me the NA is capturing a little bit of that. In the 80 there was dominantly two types of fantasy. One was warrior barbarians, monsters, wizards or the futuristic space fighters, robots & spacecrafts. MOTU had both!
    Completely agree!

Almost reminiscent of a certain Wheeled Warrior and his adventures against an evil race of organic-plant creatures.....

Yes, but only if Mattel made the female and non fighter characters. I am all for the usual 'muscles N monsters', but I like the diversity of having 'normal human' or 'gentle creature' characters. Ditto for the females. I am so happy to have so many female chars in MOTUC even the craptacular Star Sisters. I don't always like the muscle sausage fest!

Yeah most likely i would but they'd have to be the more requested characters rather than the lesser known.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I voted yes. I would love to have figures of Drissi, Hydron, Sebrian and best of all SAGITAR!!!

Snappy Threader
    I voted yes, mainly because my favs Lizorr and Vizar reside no where near the A list. Even for NA.