Thread: WTFWTK 2.99 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.99 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Barbecue17.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Barbecue17: Since we have been told that the new road map is for the majority of vintage characters to be released by the end of 2015 and we are told that most figures take over a year to plan, does this mean that the majority of remaining vintage MOTU figures have at least been discussed as to how their unique features (Rio Blasts's guns, Blast Attack's splitting) might be approached in Classics?

2. dagodfather: Now that the focus for 2014-2015 is on vintage and important animated characters, does someone like Eldor fall into that category or is he considered a post-2015 character?

3. grenadaspice: When asked if Castle Grayskull will be able to fit figures properly on the floors without them being too cramped in between the different floors, you have stated that there is enough room to fit the 6" figures. However, fans have been saying for years that these figures are 7". I finally decided to measure my He-Man figure with a 12 inch ruler and He-Man is just under 7" (more like 6.9"). Then you have a figure like Teela who is definintely taller than most MOTUC figures. Why is it to this day that you still consider the MOTUC figures as being only 6" tall and how can we be sure that will be enough head room in this 6" Castle Grayskull playset for figures that are a smidget under 7" tall?

4. facet: I have racked my brains over these three characters from the list provided by Mattel for the Castle Grayskull box art but could not find them anywhere. Who are these characters: Fang-or, Golden rod, Snow thief?

5. wundarwarrior: Is Dare going to change similar to Adam in the 200X era, meaning from a small teen to a huge adult? Or will he be further along in age and build, more like the vintage Adam? I would really like to see a design for him as well, especially from this unseen bible you possess.

--------------

So ask those questions!

In his MOTUC bio we learnt that Ram-Man wears mystical raw force absorbing armor. Does he have spring legs in the Classics story bible like he did in Filmation, or are they normal human legs covered by the strangest trousers of all times?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

When it says He-Man defeated Skeletor in the King He-Man bio, does that imply death?

If Mattel deems Castle Grayskull a success, and more playsets are given a go, has there been any discussion on making the other two walls for a complete castle? It would be a good way to include all the extra sculpted and requested additions that were left out of Castle Grayskull.
    Last edited by Man-E-Beers; April 5, 2013 at 10:49pm.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Will all the figures that need to be released in 2014 and 2015 to finish the vintage lines, be sold via subscription only?

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    All right, here's one that requires access to those archives where you dug out Skeleteen and the like. I am beginning to see bits and pieces in the original line that suggest Eldor may actually have been Adam--the coyness about his origin in the style guide and the cardback, the resemblance of his cloak to He-Man's disguise in "The Powers of Grayskull--The Legend Begins!", the similarity in his leggings and tunic to Adam's leggings, and the whole "you need this disguise for reasons that will become clear to you in the future!" bit. Am I completely off-base here, or was this actually the intent? (I'm quite sure you won't say anything about whether or not this is still true in Classics. )

Will a new Traveling Convention Exclusive for 2014 be shown at your SDCC Mattypalooza presentation this summer?

could you list at least some of the heroic warriors that will join the galactic protectors as stated on the bios?

I know that Castaspella will be the last Vintage POP character to be released for 2013 (or is she?). I know this next question might be a little in advance, but knowing you reworked the 2014 sub, how many Vintage POP characters are slotted for the 2014 sub? Thank you!

Heroic Warrior
    Characters like the Widgets and Twiggets are larger than Orko and Kowl, but still smaller than the average figure. I certainly wouldn't want to pay full price per widget, but if you did them with limited articulation, would it bring the cost down enough to get a 2-3 pack for the regular price of a figure?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

How soon will we get to buy Ram Man again?
    I really don't want to pay eBay prices for him.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I know it was previously stated by Scott/ToyGuru on Roast Gooble Dinner that for possible future army builder packs such as the Horde Troopers, additional "day of" sale stock can be justified compared to other figures since these packs are items that people are more likely to by multiples of. However there's clearly been more of a push lately for everyone to subscribe with little to no 'day-of' stock, which seems to run against this concept. And while exact numbers are never revealed, it's generally understood that day of stock is based on making a certain percentage over the sub stock, and fewer subs were sold this year, but we are still waiting on what is arguably the most popular army builder pack to be released.

When/if you get to the Horde Troopers (or for any future army builder pack for that matter), could you consider also opening up a separate preorder, in addition to the subs, ahead of time to base production on, allowing fans to lock in the amount that they want? I don't think a 5 minute Horde Trooper sell out with no consideration for a reissue would go over well with most fans.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"