Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/1/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by piam25 View Post
    2. Toy Guru has stated that 5 out of 6 figures from the filmation sub will have day-of-sale product. But what about the main sub? will there be more figures in 2013 that won't hit mattycollector's shop?

Yes, it is very likely there will be additional 2013 figures without Day of stock in 2013 as noted when we sold in the sub last summer.

Really?

Who?
    Mantenna? Castaspella? maybe a Horde Troper two Pack? or Geldor

For me it is nothing im worry about, because i have a Main and a Filmation Sub.
    But Fang Man,Sea Hawk? and maybe an Mantenna or Horde Trooper only to get when you have Sub, is hard for a REAL Fan.
    Even when he has not Sub.
    I bet the next no day of sales figure will be Octavia. Why? Think about it. Shadow Weaver was restricted to the sub by making her a sub exclusive. Fang Man now has been restricted to the sub because of the 2013 no day of sales. This makes to date all Filmation figures released restricted to the sub. Furthermore, ToyGuru has said that all the Filmation figures in the upcoming Filmation sub will have no day of sales. I think there is something in the licensing agreement on making these figures, that maybe they can only do a certain number of figures or they have to be limited in some way or there license fee is based on total number sold for each character. Something is up with the Filmation characters.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I bet the next no day of sales figure will be Octavia. Why? Think about it. Shadow Weaver was restricted to the sub by making her a sub exclusive. Fang Man now has been restricted to the sub because of the 2013 no day of sales. This makes to date all Filmation figures released restricted to the sub. Furthermore, ToyGuru has said that all the Filmation figures in the upcoming Filmation sub will have no day of sales. I think there is something in the licensing agreement on making these figures, that maybe they can only do a certain number of figures or they have to be limited in some way or there license fee is based on total number sold for each character. Something is up with the Filmation characters.
    Scott said only one of the Filmation figures would not have DOS stock.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I agree...I don't understand how it's a scare tactic.
    If not enough people are buying Mustangs...I can guarantee that Ford would stop selling them. No matter how much of a fan following it has.
    I want to know how we can do the filmation sub with no Meter and it goes through but the main sub has to have a certain number. Doesn't make sense right there!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Did he say that about the Filmation sub, or the main sub? Reason I ask is if it is just the Filmation sub this applies, it will be interesting to see if Octavia is restricted to sub only in the main sub.

Did he say that about the Filmation sub, or the main sub? Reason I ask is if it is just the Filmation sub this applies, it will be interesting to see if Octavia is restricted to sub only in the main sub.
    No, the Filmation sub, the one with the teaser weapon is the only one not available DOS.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    All the subscribers? How many were there? I don't think this was a significant number.
    Yes, all of the subscribers who received the Sorceress in a Fisto box. I was not saying that this happened to each and every subscriber the way your question implies. Like shadowfall1976 said, any subscriber screwed out of a figure that was guaranteed by Mattel's subscription is unacceptable.

Despite being incorrect about all the Filmation subscription figures being sub only, you do still make a very good point. Scott seems to relish in making popular Filmation characters limited editions... very weird!

I still hope the less popular stuff like Karatti and Fighting Foe Men get NO day of sales, so subscribers don't take a big loss on them
    Last edited by blackiecats; March 30, 2013 at 03:09pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Despite being incorrect about all the Filmation subscription figures being sub only, you do still make a very good point. Scott seems to relish in making popular Filmation characters limited editions... very weird!

I still hope the less popular stuff like Karatti and Fighting Foe Men get NO day of sales, so subscribers don't take a big loss on them
    Octavia would make sense to not have DOS stock because of the recent female POP sales. They said Netossa had a lower quota and she took awhile to sell out. I think Frosta was a slower seller as well. It would make sense that Mattel looks at all female figures in the same regard and simply reduces their quota. Also, Octavia being more fan demanded than others they could use the no DOS to again reinforce the importance of subbing. Just my thoughts.

Also, I have decided while DR and Mattel rape our bank accounts every month, I am a fan of subbing and wish every line offered it. It saves SO MUCH gas, time, and frustration knowing that EVERY figure will show up at my doorstep. Don't get me wrong that OMG moment when you find that rare our final figure you need on the peg is amazing, but the simplicity is nice as well. I hate the shipping rates but i also hate gas prices so it's a lot better to just get you're toys in the mail IMO

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Eternos Palace Randor had day of sale stock, even though the character of Randor wasn't strictly Filmation the figure we got last November was 100% Filmation influenced. Though just talking about this I have a sudden craving for a Whopper....
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    Eternos Palace Randor had day of sale stock, even though the character of Randor wasn't strictly Filmation the figure we got last November was 100% Filmation influenced. Though just talking about this I have a sudden craving for a Whopper....
    He was in last year's sub which did not have the no DOS stock for figures. But he did sell very slowly and some orgers commented on his sales because he received a huge ovation when he was revealed. He was evidence for some that there can be small groups of loud fans that make certain figures seem highly demanded, yet they are not demanded by everyone.

Heroic Warrior
    As subscribers that were screwed, not DOS buyers....do you think any number is acceptable? I mean screw a subscriber, you don't do anything for the line the next year, correct?....So, sorry, any subscriber screwed with no way to remedy it (meaning actually getting the screwed out of figure)....is totally unacceptable, no matter how minimal the actual number, a subscriber is a subscriber after all, and the life blood supposedly of MOTUC.... The 2013 sub was hurt by all the 2012 BS, and whether someone actually got screwed out of Fisto or not, even those that got him properly knew it wasn't right....no matter how minimal, it was one of the many things that didn't help the 2013 sub out.
    I'm not saying it's ok that subscribers received the wrong figure, just saying it is'nt a widespread issue, and Mattel remedied the siyuation the only way they could by either letting the subscriber/buyer keep the wrong figure or issueing a refund since all of the customer service stock had been exhausted. Moving forward to avoid this problem again they held back more customer service stock, pretty much all they could do, now I know someone will say "make another run of Fisto" "Mattel should just eat the cost", as much as I see these sentiments it doesn't make economic sense for Mattel or the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    "Mattel only makes toys if us timers buy them"

That's not true, look at the Green Lantern garbage they put out.
    Um you do realize retailers bought those figures right? Mattel sold some through it's Mattelshop.com website but the overwhelming majority were guaranteed sales by mass market retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Yes, all of the subscribers who received the Sorceress in a Fisto box. I was not saying that this happened to each and every subscriber the way your question implies. Like shadowfall1976 said, any subscriber screwed out of a figure that was guaranteed by Mattel's subscription is unacceptable.
    And they offered the only remedy available at the time a refund or keeping the Sorceress figure since the customer service stock was exhausted. It's not the 1st time the wrong figure came in the wrong mailer, in life there will always occasional errors as hmans are not perfect. I imagine if this error was so unacceptable a buyer would either decide not to subscribe, quit the line, deal with the error and move on, or whatever. Depends on the individual and how offended they felt the error affected them? I personally have had a couple of hiccups with Mattycollector, they've taken care of them to the best of their ability and I've continued to happily collect.

Seems to be mixed infomation about Filmation sub, i remember it being "sub only" were did the 5 of 6 will have day of sale stock come from? any direct quotes for this? happy for cherry pickers if this is correct but i figure a bunch of those who subbed would be raging against matty for telling them others wise during the sub sale?

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Seems to be mixed infomation about Filmation sub, i remember it being "sub only" were did the 5 of 6 will have day of sale stock come from? any direct quotes for this? happy for cherry pickers if this is correct but i figure a bunch of those who subbed would be raging against matty for telling them others wise during the sub sale?
    From Mattycollector.com Ask Matty board (http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...m/2761099808):
    Please extend the Filmation sub for a few days?

Dauntless:
    C'mon!
    C'mon!

That work?

I tried getting one in the time frame and it had an error. When I went to try again it was over, really shouldn't have these end till midnight.

Got an email when I asked about it kindly letting me know I won't get charged and subs are closed. But I want to get charged! :P

I'll be your friend if you do.

Toyguru:
    Sorry, but the sub buy in time has not expired. You can still buy at least 5/6 of the figures day of in the fall if you missed out!
    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I'm not saying it's ok that subscribers received the wrong figure, just saying it is'nt a widespread issue, and Mattel remedied the siyuation the only way they could by either letting the subscriber/buyer keep the wrong figure or issueing a refund since all of the customer service stock had been exhausted. Moving forward to avoid this problem again they held back more customer service stock, pretty much all they could do, now I know someone will say "make another run of Fisto" "Mattel should just eat the cost", as much as I see these sentiments it doesn't make economic sense for Mattel or the line.
    In that particular case, it WAS a widespread issue; there will always be some unavoidable foul-ups like that, but this was far and above anything that had happened before. And there were no reports of the reverse, so there was some sort of shortage of Fistos to begin with. The fact that they ran out of Fistos so quickly adds further fuel to that theory. They had been holding back customer stock from the start. and we'd never seen it run out that quickly, even with figures who actually had flaws like reversed parts. And that ignores the bigger problem at the time, namely all of the folks who had there subs cancelled who wound up without Fisto, Sorceress, and /or the exclusive Weaver. ALL of those figures should have been available because those folks had subbed in August, and the production numbers are based on the subs, plus some for day of. Mattel and DR KNEW of the major spate of sub cancellations and still just sold the figures meant for said subs. It wasn't just a mixing up of mailer boxes, it was a multifaceted breakdown on Matty's part, and a very good example of why many folks have gotten disgusted enough with the site to leave it for good.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    He's not asking about the Filmation sub, he is asking about the man sub, which is what Octavia is part of. He is just speculating that he would not be surprised if Octavia ends up without any DOS sale since Fangman didn't, and both are Filmation characters.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

No, the Filmation sub, the one with the teaser weapon is the only one not available DOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    He's not asking about the Filmation sub, he is asking about the man sub, which is what Octavia is part of. He is just speculating that he would not be surprised if Octavia ends up without any DOS sale since Fangman didn't, and both are Filmation characters.
    He was commenting about the Filmation sub, he said originally, Scott said, none of the Filmation sub figures, were getting DOS, and I replied, yes they were....5 of 6 were, then he asked if that was the Filmation sub, or the main sub, that is when I said....Filmation sub.....

Above is the whole complete conversation.... So yes, he was talking about the Filmation sub, to which I was replying....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

That is 100% up to customers. We will offer a 2014 sub with a min number we need to hit to move forward. If we hit it, we will do a 2014 sub. If we do not, we will end the line after 2013. We can only make toys when there are customers to buy them!

Please! Do not feed me this garbage when there are figures being made with no Days Of Sales!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    That is 100% up to customers. We will offer a 2014 sub with a min number we need to hit to move forward. If we hit it, we will do a 2014 sub. If we do not, we will end the line after 2013. We can only make toys when there are customers to buy them!

Please! Do not feed me this garbage when there are figures being made with no Days Of Sales!
    What does that have to do with anything?

Mattel doesnt want to count on DoS figures, I think that has been pretty clear for a while now. They want the sales they can "bank" on, I still think there is a good chance 2014 and after will be SUB only
    the ignore list is my new best friend

And the 2014 sub will go through. You watch.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I still think there is a good chance 2014 and after will be SUB only
    I agree that this is a probability. However, I hope they consider adding the ability for sub holders to order extras of figures. I have 0 desire to purchase more than one sub. However, there are always a select few figures I want 2 or 3 of (Ram Man, for example). It was a shame I could not order an extra Fang Man, and to be honest, it kind of makes me mad. It's like I'm being punished for not buying more than one sub.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    It's like I'm being punished for not buying more than one sub.
    You are! Bad collector! Bad! No roast gooble for you!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior

Mattel doesnt want to count on DoS figures, I think that has been pretty clear for a while now. They want the sales they can "bank" on, I still think there is a good chance 2014 and after will be SUB only
    I agree... The missing DOS figures like Fang Man and some other characters this year strongly leads to a sub-only buisness model. Mattel takes it serious and I believe, there're many fans without a Fang Man right now.

Not subscribing only makes sense, if you only want a couple of figures. I cancelled my 2 subs and reduced my want list for 2013 for only Jitsu (who I already have), Snake Face, Karatti and Mantenna so far. Depends on what I will see on SDCC, I consider subscribing for 2014. But there has to be Two Bad, Tung Lashor and Modulok in there to get me in.

I wonder if they factor OUT DoS quantities the sub minimum can be lowered. Either way it doesn't look like I'm subbing in 2014. DRs shipping fees are too expensive for us internationals. (I KNOW the cost of shipping went up, but Mattel's other store that doesn't use DR has MUCH better rates.) If I win the lotto I'm in, if not, I gotta pull out.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    In that particular case, it WAS a widespreadn theissue; there will always be some unavoidable foul-ups like that, but this was far and above anything that had happened before. And there were no reports of the reverse, so there was some sort of shortage of Fistos to begin with. The fact that they ran out of Fistos so quickly adds further fuel to that theory. They had been holding back customer stock from the start. and we'd never seen it run out that quickly, even with figures who actually had flaws like reversed parts. And that ignores the bigger problem at the time, namely all of the folks who had there subs cancelled who wound up without Fisto, Sorceress, and /or the exclusive Weaver. ALL of those figures should have been available because those folks had subbed in August, and the production numbers are based on the subs, plus some for day of. Mattel and DR KNEW of the major spate of sub cancellations and still just sold the figures meant for said subs. It wasn't just a mixing up of mailer boxes, it was a multifaceted breakdown on Matty's part, and a very good example of why many folks have gotten disgusted enough with the site to leave it for good.
    Well said. And this is exactly why they should do a reissue run on Fisto in the name of good faith business ethics, even if they take a small loss on it. Tho I really doubt they would lose money on a Fisto reissue when people are paying over a hundred for him on the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post

Customers want to buy them, they just don't want the POS sub as much as they want the actual figures....that's the problem. That statement of Scott's is ass....we want them, what we don't want is DR ineptitude & the high shipping from DR (other sites are cheaper, so don't bother telling me shipping went up, duh, but DR is more than it needs to be). We want a line that allows every fan a chance to buy whichever figure (except say sub exclusives) they choose, and not having DOS stock regardless how many times they said it (not the point) is stupid, if the sub is the lifeblood, then the friggin DOS is all profit. So then it makes no sense to not have any at all. The problem with the line is the choices made by Mattel, not the fans, and yet the fans are punished for it, and worst yet, constantly reminded that it's their fault, not Mattel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    In that particular case, it WAS a widespread issue; there will always be some unavoidable foul-ups like that, but this was far and above anything that had happened before. And there were no reports of the reverse, so there was some sort of shortage of Fistos to begin with. The fact that they ran out of Fistos so quickly adds further fuel to that theory. They had been holding back customer stock from the start. and we'd never seen it run out that quickly, even with figures who actually had flaws like reversed parts. And that ignores the bigger problem at the time, namely all of the folks who had there subs cancelled who wound up without Fisto, Sorceress, and /or the exclusive Weaver. ALL of those figures should have been available because those folks had subbed in August, and the production numbers are based on the subs, plus some for day of. Mattel and DR KNEW of the major spate of sub cancellations and still just sold the figures meant for said subs. It wasn't just a mixing up of mailer boxes, it was a multifaceted breakdown on Matty's part, and a very good example of why many folks have gotten disgusted enough with the site to leave it for good.
    Gotta remember, nothing is ever a widespread issue, unless there are 30 or more pages of pics....

That's why no one thinks it is except all the subscriber that got ripped that know better.

I personally know of 2 local subscribers, and both were ripped of Fisto, one got the mailer with Sorceress, and one got nothing at all....so there's 2 I know alone....Now seriously, if I know 2 local personally, how many more are there that we don't know?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor