Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/1/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    At the time, Star Sisters were apparently fan demanded just like the FFM apparently are. I just hope all this excitement you speak of is genuine and folks actually buy them. Anyone can say something is cool, it's whether you put your money where your mouth is that counts.
    why are you saying that? it not true at all! there've been a lot of problems with star sisters since the day they were revealed. a lot of comments came in tehir way to complain. and thats not the same for the FFM, in fact a lot of fans were and are really happy. Im not saying that FFm are for everyone but the comparison between the two is inappropriate.
    I'm sorry you don't consider the pools as the voice of tha fanbase, i think they pretty much are.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a skewed poll created on this site. That represents the die hard fans and NOT the overall buying public. If those results were on the Matty Collector forums, then I'd be more accepting of the results.

and no, I'm not a liar. I've seen new folks and current subbers considering additional subs via the sub lite state that if the sub lite started in June they would get one. Have people really been complaining that Ram Man and Rattlor were sub items? Really?

so you'd prefer to get a perfuma over a horde trooper, two-bad or lashor?
    [/QUOTE]

omg, this is no end.
    I said that a lot of people complained about ram man and rattlor and their execution, I've never said fans didnt buy a sub because of them.

is the real problem a 3pack or a FFm 3 pack?
    Last edited by Delthaindia; April 9, 2013 at 06:16pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    wikipedia lists it as 1987. And it was only shown in a 4 issue mini-series... That's hardly classic

Blue suit is pretty widely derided among aquaman fans... (though to be fair, I DID like it better then beard and hook.....)

Regardless considering the valuable slots dud characters seem to take.. 4 issue costume is a waste of a slot.
    Like The Dark Knight Returns? 4-issue limited series from 1986 that redefined Batman and look at all the merchandise and media that came with that.

Sometimes characters or looks with a few appearances have made an impression among fans. Battleground Teela and Green Goddess were one issue looks. Geldor is a one appearance character. Look at most of the Filmation one-appearance characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    wikipedia lists it as 1987. And it was only shown in a 4 issue mini-series... That's hardly classic

Blue suit is pretty widely derided among aquaman fans... (though to be fair, I DID like it better then beard and hook.....)

Regardless considering the valuable slots dud characters seem to take.. 4 issue costume is a waste of a slot.
    The cover lists it as February 1986, which means it was in stores December 1985. I'm a HUGE Aquaman fan, and in my opinion those 4 issues are the best Aquaman story I've ever read. Unfortunately, no other artist could make the costume look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    omg, this is no end.
    I said that a lot of people complained about ram man and rattlor and their execution, I've never said fans didnt buy a sub because of them.

The discussion is about the FFM being included in the 2013 sub and not their designs etc... so why bring up Ram Man, Jitsu etc... then? As I stated before I'd sooner have a NA 3-pack than a FFM 3-pack. Hope that answers your question
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

The discussion is about the FFM being included in the 2013 sub and not their designs etc... so why bring up Ram Man, Jitsu etc... then? As I stated before I'd sooner have a NA 3-pack than a FFM 3-pack. Hope that answers your question
    we were talking about complainings and I said to you that a lot of people complained also for jitsu and other Alisters just to make you understand that there will be always someone complaining about something. star sisters, he man facesculpt or FFM.

making it straight: I do know that FFm are not for every fans and Id rather have a NA 3pack or a movie figures 3pack isntead of FFM (if we cant see them mde by the end of the line) but I was talking about your comparison between the star sisters and the FFM.
    you said that the overall excitemnet over the star sisters was pretty mch the same that we have now for the foe men.....well, it's not true.

and I will buy the copy of the foe men (im not a reseller, pardòn) that is in my sub.
    Last edited by Delthaindia; April 9, 2013 at 06:29pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That's a skewed poll created on this site. That represents the die hard fans and NOT the overall buying public. If those results were on the Matty Collector forums, then I'd be more accepting of the results.

and no, I'm not a liar. I've seen new folks and current subbers considering additional subs via the sub lite state that if the sub lite started in June they would get one. Have people really been complaining that Ram Man, Jitsu and Rattlor were sub items? Really?
    I like the FFM just fine, but if the 3 pack were Two-Bad, Blade, and Saurod it would still be the $75 pricetag added up for additional subs for me that is killer. It doesn't matter which 3 figures it is the 3 pack times multiples is too expensive + a regular release as well. The 3 pack is the problem not the Fighting Foe Men (model pilots), which I would have gladly accepted as single releases (same with the Star Sisters). And I think I ended up buying the extra sub this year while last year would have bought 2 more if it wasn't for the Star Sisters (just seeing Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, and Fisto). Ultimately the problem is the 3 pack pricepoint.

omg, this is no end.

The problem is the 3 pack in the subscription, but if the 3 packs were out of the sub they would be collassal failures for Mattel, not because people wouldn't buy them, but because they wouldn't buy many multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I like the FFM just fine, but if the 3 pack were Two-Bad, Blade, and Saurod it would still be the $75 pricetag added up for additional subs for me that is killer. It doesn't matter which 3 figures it is the 3 pack times multiples is too expensive + a regular release as well. The 3 pack is the problem not the Fighting Foe Men (model pilots), which I would have gladly accepted as single releases (same with the Star Sisters). And I think I ended up buying the extra sub this year while last year would have bought 2 more if it wasn't for the Star Sisters (just seeing Shadow weaver, Sorceress, and Fisto). Ultimately the problem is the 3 pack pricepoint.

The problem is the 3 pack in the subscription, but if the 3 packs were out of the sub they would be collassal failures for Mattel, not because people wouldn't buy them, but because they wouldn't buy many multiples.
    ok, you got a point. do you think that we will be in the same situation with a 3pack of dlisters pop females or a 3pack with the movie figures?

The best solution would be if the monthly charges for a subscription were spread out throughout the year. Instead of having an extra $75, and an extra $50, etc, if they charged something like $40 every month and that included the bigger items, it would be a lot easier for everyone (And Matty would get our money early which is good for them!)

Heroic Warrior
    ok, you got a point. do you think that we will be in the same situation with a 3pack of dlisters pop females or a 3pack with the movie figures?
    Yep for the most part, this is why the 3 pack will be done away with next year, the $75 pricepoint while ok on it's own just kills the subscriber with multiple subscriptions, it's a $100 hit for that month not including shipping and that's just one sub, this isn't including multiple subs or any other subs like the DCIE or Watchmen or whatever is available. While other 3 packs may be more acceptable to some fans ultimately a 3 pack included in the sub hurts the number of subscriptions sold. But Mattel would have been hung with a ton of Star Sisters had it not been included and maybe the same would have happened with the FFM? We'll see if extras sell on Mattycollector and if subscribers are able to move sets at retail or they will have to take a loss like many Star Sister sellers?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The real issue just might be the 3 pack in general, the pricetag is pretty steep. Stiill, I wonder if one of the FFM had been released on a single card if people would be going crazy asking for more of them? "Oh noes, 2014 has been reworked, we won't get Dittstroyer??!!"
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Hey guys, please be more respectful towards each other and leave the moderating to the moderators. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here's a question: Is anyone here for predominantly non-vintage stuff? Like all POP collectors?
    Cautiously raises hand.

If non-vintage stuff means anything that wasn't a toy in the 1980s MOTU line, then that's me. Oh sure I want things like Ninjor and Horde Troopers, but there's so much more from Filmation, MYP, mini comics, Star and UK comics as well as PoP and concept stuff that I'd like to see more and sooner. I admit I'm not much of an NA fan though and I won't say "ew, take it back" if they announce Blade or Modulok, you know? But it's not the vintage figures remade that I'm primarily interested in seeing.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Sure, I'd liek SOME vintage characters, but I'm more interested in the core POP, NA, some 200X stuff and some extra stuff from comics, Filmation, Jetlag, etc. Would be more interested in concept characters if all the main teams that are not the Heroic Warriors (EW, SM, Horde, TGR, GP and Mutants) had their core members.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

My first priority is the big A-listers. My second priority is cool characters. I don't care what figure might have come out in 1985-86, after I had stopped buying them. I care about cool characters. I love my Draego-Man. I don't care what history he hasn't got.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    My ideal breakdown from an armchair planning perspective (bear in mind, I buy 1-3 figures a year at most--the life of a grad student) would be something like:

3 MotU vintage toy figures a year--at this point, Two-Bad, Modulok, and Tung Lashor are probably the only ones left who have major resonance with the fans. We should still try to get to everyone, but I think the classic action figures can take a bit more of a backseat.
    3-4 PoP figures (including cartoon characters)--there's a lot more to catch up on here, although some of the characters I see mentioned as 'A-list' are really closer to 'B-list'. The ones really needed who we don't have yet, IMO, are those who showed up in SotS--Glimmer, Angella, Scorpia, Madame Razz/Broom/Kowl. (This is based on the assumption that Sea Hawk is in the Filmation sub.)
    2-3 NA figures--as much or more catchup, but a little less resonance.
    The remaining slots should be used for figures who 'should have been' but weren't--prominent cartoon characters who never got figures, and those prototypes or concepts who've really taken on resonance in the fan community. Eldor, Illumina, Strongarm and Lizard Man, Mara and General Sunder count--Dylamug, Might-Bite, Meliac and the Horde Mummy, less so. Not that they wouldn't be cool, but if tough choices have to be made . . .

well, your list clearly speaks for itself but you put just POP Alisters (which i also fancy)....I was talking about POP C and Dlisters not coming from filmation
    I think then it's just personal taste. For me and my collection, I'd prefer to have most of the GR before what's left for vintage. Personally I'm not into Sweet Bee, but a lot of people like her.

I think Two Bad and the movie figures are more important to make than let's say Double Trouble, but besides Two Bad, Tung Lashor, and Modulok (and of course the Horde Troopers) I'd put virtually everybody else from POP (peekablue, perfuma, Entrapta, Spinerella, Lookee, etc) well before what's remaining for vintage. For my personal tastes.
    At the very least I'd say the remaining POP are very on par with what's left vintage wise. This is making my head hurt, it's like trying to make me choose between my two dogs. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

As for the FFM and Star Sisters, I think both sets would have been stellar SDCC exclusive sets! Orko and Adam could easily have been a monthly figure, and Vykron, well... He could just never have existed, LOL. But not every fan wanted them, so not every fan would have had to buy them, and I bet a lot of those that don't like them, would see them in a totally different light.
    I don't think people would mind a 3 pack so much if it counted towards the end goal of getting thru vintage, pop, or na factions. I mean, if we got the movie figures 3 pack? or Squeeze, Tung Lashor, Slave girl 3 pack, or a Great Rebellion 3 pack of Spinerella, Peekablue, and Perfuma (just examples, not nailed into any character), or a NA 3 pack Flogg, Hydron, Crita... Not everyone is a fan of every faction, but at least everyone would see the point of the 3 pack working towards a goal, the FFM (which I like a lot!) left fans of most factions scratching their heads, star sisters too (who I also like). But a great deal of fans that don't see eye to eye were united in wondering why such a huge chunk of unknowns when we could be getting *insert important core character here*. The price tag would be easier to swallow if it were going towards the main goal.
    We're all going back and forth on something that we can't change. What we can do, is enjoy the figures, and those that don't buy them can ignore it, but those that do, let's try to embrace them. The way I see it, we now have 3 more Horde members that we can do anything with. It's not all doom and gloom, they are well executed figures.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I care about cool characters. I love my Draego-Man. I don't care what history he hasn't got.
    Everybody has different ideas of what's cool, but I totally get where you're coming from. To me, DEKKER is super cool looking, but not many would agree with that. And I would say "I dare anybody to say DRAEGO-MAN is not cool looking", but that would open a whole new can of worms.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    And I would say "I dare anybody to say DRAEGO-MAN is not cool looking", but that would open a whole new can of worms.
    Dare?! Someone DARES the Master of Darkness?! No one dares me! I'll show you what daring me can do!

Actually, no I can't. Draego-Man is cool looking. I can't say he isn't even in jest. Besides, there's villainous professional courtesy between Draego-Man and myself.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 10, 2013 at 10:05am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    And I would say "I dare anybody to say DRAEGO-MAN is not cool looking", but that would open a whole new can of worms.
    And there was a reason for him. Even being a new character, he was created to fill a hole the Fab four saw in the old line. Skeletor's bunch had no flying baddie, and there was no dragon in a mythically themed line. Even though he never existed, there was a sense he should have. It's the same sort of thing with the FFM; they were on the packages for the models, and seemed like something that SHOULD have been in the line soemwhere (and might have been, had Mattel decided to follow Hasbro's GI Joe model and include a driver with their vehicles).

Aside from the 30th figures, everything, even the FFM, has been a part of MOTU before, in some way, be it unproduced prototypes or things that feel like they should have been a more corporeal part of it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman