Thread: Petition for Scott Neitlich as Lieutenant Spector Cameo in the new movie

Petition for Scott Neitlich as Lieutenant Spector Cameo in the new movie

Basically, this.

Scott Neitlich has to get into the new movie for a Cameo of Lieutenant Spector. Who┤s with me?
    Positivity, folks!
    Let┤s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

YES!!!! Should we make an online petition and ask folks here to sign?

I think that would be a bad idea. Any character that appears in the film should be played by a professional actor. Even if it is just a cameo. It is hard enough for actors to getting paying jobs these days (especially background actors), and too simply give the part to someone who isn't a professional actor seems unfair. It is one thing to award a role to a small child in a film (i.e.: Pig Boy '87), but another to give a paying role to a character's creator. And yes... even a person doing a cameo in a film get's paid for it.

I think Spector is such a... "unique" character that he wouldn even be considered to be in the film. So if Scott doesn play this cameo, I doubt Spector would be in the film at all. So he would not take away an actors job on this one.
    It's basically the same with Stan Lee appearing in all Marvel movies. Nobody else would play these characters if it wasn' t the man himself.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let┤s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Ugh! Sorry, but this is the most grimace-inducing idea I've heard on this forum. Absolutely NO, thanks, never in a million years. We've already been forced to suffer Mr. TG's attention-seeking antics way more than enough. Much better if he did us all a favor and left Mattel for good, freeing the MotU fandom from the torture of having to hear from him ever again.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

No he already has two action figures that's enough....

I wouldn't mind but there are high chances that at the last scene he may be ending up saving He-man and the whole Universe as the Mighty Spector and after rolling the credits the phrase "Keep reading the bios" shall be displayed on the screen

So... Thanks, but no thanks.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Can't say I'm particularly fond of the idea. I mean I'm not against creator cameos in movies like Stan Lee in Marvel films or Gygax in D&D, but for me (and I expect some here would agree) Scott just doesn't fit that criteria and would be so far down the list of potential cameos. I think there are many many people who are more deserving like those who worked on the original mini-comics, filmation or MYP, even the 4H. I'm not dismissing Scott's career or MOTUC, but there should be many others before him who get the consideration before he does.

Also, if any of these people (including Scott) get a chance at a cameo then it should be in my opinion a background cameo. Just an extra in the background and little else. With possible exception to those who are actually actors who have worked on previous MOTU incarnations which could maybe be given a line or two.

Though I should probably say that if Dolph Lundgren was offered a cameo then I think it would be nice if it were more than a couple of lines and amounted to a small part, like say if King Grayskull featured in a flashback at the start (though that's admittedly probably unrealistic lol).

Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Where's the petition to boycott the movie should this happen.....

How about, no more Spector in new MOTU media? Does that work for everyone?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Sure and let's let Michael Bay direct it too...

NO!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I don't think Scott is attention seeking, or false or manipulated things to get his own character into the line - and I really have no issue with Spector being involved in future stories, cannons or films etc, but I am not overly keen on Scott being in the film himself as a cameo primarily because I expect he would accidently break half the props.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    How about, no more Spector in new MOTU media? Does that work for everyone?
    Yeah. I agree with this. No more Spector, period; whether that be new or existing media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Basically, this.

Scott Neitlich has to get into the new movie for a Cameo of Lieutenant Spector. Who┤s with me?
    Worst idea ever. Are you hoping to get some free figures out of this?

Basically, this.

I like that you think there was a possibility of this not happening.

I kid about Scott's ego.

Scott wouldn't need a cameo because if a film happens he can kick back and know if it weren't for his involvement with Mattel's production of the brand then the film wouldn't have likely happened. I am sure that would be enough for him.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I like that you think there was a possibility of this not happening.

I kid about Scott's ego.

Scott wouldn't need a cameo because if a film happens he can kick back and know if it weren't for his involvement with Mattel's production of the brand then the film wouldn't have likely happened. I am sure that would be enough for him.
    He certainly wouldn't turn it down if a cameo was offered to him. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to visit the set one day and suggest it himself.

Anyway, i'm not in favour of this. Spector's role in the Masters franchise has gotten far too big, far too quickly for my liking. The less I have to see of him the better, quite frankly.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Ugh! Sorry, but this is the most grimace-inducing idea I've heard on this forum. Absolutely NO, thanks, never in a million years. We've already been forced to suffer Mr. TG's attention-seeking antics way more than enough. Much better if he did us all a favor and left Mattel for good, freeing the MotU fandom from the torture of having to hear from him ever again.
    I "sign" THIS petition!!!

im in for the cameo. but he has to take 20 kg of muscles.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hmmmmmmmm...no.

A cameo works if the general public knows who the person making the cameo is. Stan Lee makes cameos in all the Marvel movies because most people (i.e. comic book fans) know who he is and what he did. A very small percentage of the people (even among MOTU fans) are going to know who Scott is or what he does. Now, if Dolph Lundgren had a cameo or Courtney Cox, then that would be more fitting than a supervisor from a corporation that manufactures modern MOTU toys.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    A cameo works if the general public knows who the person making the cameo is. Stan Lee makes cameos in all the Marvel movies because most people (i.e. comic book fans) know who he is and what he did.

Agreed.

Not only is Stan Lee actually the creator of the characters whose movies he cameos in, he's also one of the most influential creators in history.

It would make a million times more sense to have movie cameos from Mark Taylor or Roger Sweet, or heck, even Lou Scheimer!

so this was serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    so this was serious?
    i find myself asking the very same thing about the figure itself...
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would be cool with this, as long as he doesnt have a big acting role. Maybe one line and a goofy smile