Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPECULATION - In the MOTUC canon are the 2 different He-Ro's actaully the same guy?

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

SPECULATION - In the MOTUC canon are the 2 different He-Ro's actaully the same guy?

Discuss.

I think He-Man's adopted son Dare (He-Ro) will at some point in the future get sent back in time and live out the rest of his life as Grey/Ro (He-Ro) with King Grayskull and the Preternia Masters...

I will go through my reasoning behind this, and all the subtle clues that I picked up, but first, what do other people think?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

That's been my theory/ assumption as well. I'm curious to hear your reasoning.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    The more I think about it, the more I like the idea! He-Ro has the Power Sword *and* his staff because he's the son of He-Man and the Sorceress.

Well we know He-Ro I gets the sword from Trolla. He does not already have it in his possession when he comes to Trolla. We also know according to Scott that the staff was not used to make She-Ras sword. What does this mean? Well it means the Power Sword would have had to have been lost prior to He-Ro coming back in time if they are the same, and the staff could not have been from Eternia.

Think of it this way, an item is created, it exists, then is sent back in time.. now suddenly there are two of the same item in the time stream. If there is not two, where did the first one come from?

So no, two completely different characters in my book.

And Skeleteen is the Unnamed One.

Chalk it all up to the Time Wars.

Oh, and Happy Easter!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I can see them doing this as well - but I am not sure I like the idea because it hurts my brain to think about.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I think they are different. It would be too muddy and complicated to explain everything away if they were the same person.

I think there is a reason last names developed and that was just to distinguish between current people with the same name. For example I use Battleground Teela as the wife of Vikor like many do, but I don't change her name.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well according to the Law of Conversation of Detail every information given has a reason. If that's the case, there must be a reason why the Horde Prime bio reveals that the techno organic virus has wiped He-Ro's mind.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope not, mainly because these stories where someone in the future sends someone back to become his own ancestor actually make my head heart.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Well according to the Law of Conversation of Detail every information given has a reason. If that's the case, there must be a reason why the Horde Prime bio reveals that the techno organic virus has wiped He-Ro's mind.
    But Horde Prime should be long dead before Dare is born. Unless he gets sent back to fight HP or HP had come forward to fight him. It is just a mess to think about lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    But Horde Prime should be long dead before Dare is born. Unless he gets sent back to fight HP or HP had come forward to fight him. It is just a mess to think about lol.

The technovirus thing is interesting, but is written more like Horde Prime made him forget everything then sent him to some backwater planet then sent his brother to finish him off. He-ro was trained by the Trollans to defeat Horde Prime getting the sword etc from them. Dare could fit there if one wanted but to me is just trying to reconcile two characters into one.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

This theory could work with time travel, on the proviso Dare doesn't take the King Grayskull-infused Power Sword back in time with him but instead claims the original sword in Preternia time ...

But I prefer to think Dare takes the name He-Ro in homage to the original Preternian He-Ro.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    It also explains why He-Man would have to hide his identity: his son would probably recognize him.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I could see that happening, it was a thought of mine.
    Does Galactus fart?

I don't like that Idea myself. I had thought of them doing it, but I don't much like it. But then again, I disregard most of the bios anyway.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I hope not, mainly because these stories where someone in the future sends someone back to become his own ancestor actually make my head heart.
    But he still wouldn't become his own ancestor; the Preternian He-Ro left no lineage. He was, for all intents and purposes, ultimately there to help ensure King Grayskull survived long enough to create *his* lineage, and to hand the sword off to him/them.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Discuss.

I think He-Man's adopted son Dare (He-Ro) will at some point in the future get sent back in time and live out the rest of his life as Grey/Ro (He-Ro) with King Grayskull and the Preternia Masters...

I will go through my reasoning behind this, and all the subtle clues that I picked up, but first, what do other people think?

deer gawd I hope not.

i used to assume they were the same guy. now i'm not so sure. i do kind of think it would be cool if they were. i like the whole "the end is the beginning" aspect of it.

and the sword doesn't have to make it back with him. this would free him up to receive the sword from the overlords.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    But he still wouldn't become his own ancestor; the Preternian He-Ro left no lineage. He was, for all intents and purposes, ultimately there to help ensure King Grayskull survived long enough to create *his* lineage, and to hand the sword off to him/them.
    Skystalker, like me, is apparently ignoring the new bios. He-Ro was originally intended to be Adam's forefather, until the pale usurper King Grayskull was introduced in 2002. Gray was to be a much different character than He-Man (and thus more interesting), rather than a carbon copy, so that's why I still go by the old continuity.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

That's part of the reason I see Greyskull and He-ro as siblings, each with their own power sword that Greyskull's goes to Adam and He-ro's to Adora.

Generally speaking Greyskull worked for what they were going for in MYP canon, in a more cosmic version of the story He-ro works just as well. But I also ignoring He-man going back in time. I do think there could have been other reasons for a disguise. He helped fight Greyskull's enemies the Snakemen and others. There is the possibility knowing they are brought back, they would have been like wait a minute don't I know you from the past, and having memory of the past do something to have He-man killed in the past so he never comes back. And if done just right they could have stopped him from helping to turn the tide of particular battles.

This is part of the reason time travel stories always have problems, 'hey son, you know you look an awful lot like this kid you mom tried to date named Calvin Klein. Makes me wonder if she is having an affair with that guy or something.' And it isn't like Hill Valley is that large of a town from the looks of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Skystalker, like me, is apparently ignoring the new bios. He-Ro was originally intended to be Adam's forefather, until the pale usurper King Grayskull was introduced in 2002. Gray was to be a much different character than He-Man (and thus more interesting), rather than a carbon copy, so that's why I still go by the old continuity.
    Not as much ignoring as forgetting the change. But my head still hurts if Dare goes back in time to become the one who fights alongside his ancestor. These time loop things drive me nuts!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Not as much ignoring as forgetting the change. But my head still hurts if Dare goes back in time to become the one who fights alongside his ancestor. These time loop things drive me nuts!
    Temporal anomalies can do that...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

That's why Spector is an abomination unto this line. while I was happy with the planned preternia stuff in the old series, this time agents crap is just that, IMO. it opens too many holes and makes everything so convoluted. I don't mind time travel when used SPARRINGLY but as someone's power it just makes everything so 'meh'. if they did it like Quantum Leap or BTTF where it's the main character's story, that's fine, but if (and under Scott it sometimes feels like a BIG if) He-Man is the main hero, time travel should NOT be a major story point, unless it's like Preternia or NA where a good chunk of the story takes place in that time.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

All I can think about with these discussions is the "I'm My Own Grandpa" song!

I really hope they are different characters. I don't want a big loop of a story. It just gets all circular and usually leads down a toilet to a big mess. Time travel when following a single character is ok (He-man to Preternia to see how to defeat the snakemen), but when thought out logically it usually leads to a giant mess and breakdown of logic.