Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what would be a good masters of the universe movie plot?

what would be a good masters of the universe movie plot?

Interested in hearing pitches for a story arch for MOTU. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to revamp a toy line through a movie that has been 10 years out of the spot light already. Just curious. Would you be faithful to the 1983 mini comics, filmation, motuc, dolph lundgren? Please enlighten me. I will act the plot lines out and send the winner a cake. : )

This has discussed before. Check the polls. Anyway, I feel that the mini-comics should be followed. Also, the secret identity of Prince Adam should be left out.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    First movie should have Adam discovering his place as the heir of Grayskul.

Well, I guess a first story needs to deal with Adam becoming He-Man, but for a "one shot" movie, I would have Zodac & the Cosmic Enforcers put King He-Man and his "Time Agents" on trial for disrupting Eternia's natural timeline.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; April 2, 2013 at 12:37pm.

Here is my trilogy story ark.

1st movie: Skeletor gathers army and invades Eternos palace, Man-at-Arms flees with Adam to Grayskull for him to become He-man. Final battle in front of Grayskull, snakemen get released in end.

2nd movie: Snakemen enslave everyone, more characters introduced from the mythos. He-man and Skeletor have to combine forces, Skeletor betrays He-man in end, Horde invades Eternia and takes control of Grayskull in the end.

3rd movie: The ultimate battleground. All out Battle between all three factions, She-ra introduced and prophesy fulfilled. Hordak takes out king Hiss, Skeletor defeats Hordak. He-man and Skeletor have final battle.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    He-Man and She-Ra, Peace and Havoc.

Storytelling in its proper form will likely get ignored by Hollywood, and far too many people have no idea what the story is, as long as He-Man has an axe they're ok.

Some people seem to think it has something to do with a Green Goddess, a Green Hulk or maybe green men from mars, but this is TV puke writing left unchecked.

Proper stories have a beginning and an end. Sadly Hollywood doesn't intend to have anything ever end, and neither do addicts.

To more properly answer the question, it's a story about natural ethics, and the best one ever thought up randomly in the '80s too. Its a story about why people disagree, (not uncommon on this site).

Stylishly its about a world that cannot afford to usurp resourses and encourage idol/lazy government powers.

Symbolically its a structured display of magic, to help support the belief in opposition between characters.

..and a bit of sub-mythology linking humans/animals on Eternia to humans/animals on earth.
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; April 3, 2013 at 01:51am.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Some people seem to think it has something to do with a Green Goddess, a Green Hulk or maybe green men from mars, but this is TV puke writing left unchecked.

TV puke writing? The Green Goddess existed in a mini-comic BEFORE the Filmation series existed! On TV! So, the "TV puke writing", as you put it, of Filmation ignored what came before and created their own version of the Sorceress.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Not gonna happen, buuut... here's my idea.
    The whole story will be told around Marlena.
    Cap't Glenn crashes on Eternia, we see it through her eyes.
    Young Keldor vs. young Randor.
    Birth of Adam.
    Keldor's rise in power.
    Adam grows to challenge Keldor/Skelly
    Fails.
    Adam is granted power of Grayskull.
    It's on.
    Again, this is all from the eyes of a mother.
    Directed by... oh... how bout Ang Lee?
    Perfect.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    TV puke writing? The Green Goddess existed in a mini-comic BEFORE the Filmation series existed! On TV! So, the "TV puke writing", as you put it, of Filmation ignored what came before and created their own version of the Sorceress.
    ..(by TV I mean that which does not have a beginning or an end, as is also done in comics)

Stories should also have a meaning and a value, other than selling more copies, and the copies would sell themselves too.

..do you agree?

Maiden-GreenGoddess.jpg

Also the Green Goddess is the name of the converted van that Iron Maiden slept/ate in the early days. (which is the most awesome)
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; April 4, 2013 at 09:23pm.

I dont think anyone ever knows what you mean.

..(by TV I mean that which does not have a beginning or an end, as is also done in comics)

Stories should also have a meaning and a value, other than selling more copies, and the copies would sell themselves too.

..do you agree?

..do you agree?
    No

(silly 10 character limit)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    No

(silly 10 character limit)
    LOL.....what you said!

In an effort to steer this thread back into coherency, I would suggest doing an origin tale. MOTU has been away from screens for some time and the core fanbase aren't what they used to be. I would say to start off and explain the power of Grayskull and Adam/He-man's place in that and go on from there.

Though god knows what they'll actually do, but I imagine some form of origin story is likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    In an effort to steer this thread back into coherency, I would suggest doing an origin tale. MOTU has been away from screens for some time and the core fanbase aren't what they used to be. I would say to start off and explain the power of Grayskull and Adam/He-man's place in that and go on from there.

Though god knows what they'll actually do, but I imagine some form of origin story is likely.
    I agree. It would be cool if they opened with the Royal Family though and the twin snatching to pave the way for a She-ra cross over in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I agree. It would be cool if they opened with the Royal Family though and the twin snatching to pave the way for a She-ra cross over in the sequel.
    I'd maybe say skip that for the most part. I don't think the origin story needs to tell that part and plus it wouldn't look so odd if the film never gets a sequel. I mean maybe they could have a subtle reference to Adam having had a sister, but I'd largely not deal with that and just concentrate on telling Adam's story.

Though they could cover it in a sequel if they get to do the Horde. Otherwise I'd leave it out and not do any sequel foreshadowing prematurely (like Dolph's He-man movie )
    I hate you. So much.

I think they should just write it as a trilogy.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it should be close to ' the beginning ' from the 200x cartoon,
    Hordak doesn't have to be involved in saving Skeletor, it would only complicate matters, old uncle Skeley should be the big bad,
    Now my heart really lays in the mini comic origin of He-man coming from the wild,
    but I don't think this would fly with a audience expecting to see the ' I have the power ' moment,

It should be similar to Captain America, the story of price Adam should go to the point were he becomes He-man then he should stay that way, and lose the whole Clark kent thing, more Characters could be introduced, Man at arms, Stratos, etc,. As the film builds to it's climactic battle,

The relationship between Adam and Teela should be one were she's a serious career captain in the kings army, and views Adam as a good guy, but spoilt by his position and wealth, only to gain massive respect ( not to mention a crush) when she realises he's He-man ,
    Sub plots could be wove through out involving different bad guys and how they come to serve Skeletor,

If it was done as a 300, John carter, star wars mix keeping as close to the original design as possible, I think it could be a winner,

Cheer ZH
    Last edited by Zombihamma-AI; April 18, 2013 at 04:44pm. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Interested in hearing pitches for a story arch for MOTU. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to revamp a toy line through a movie that has been 10 years out of the spot light already. Just curious. Would you be faithful to the 1983 mini comics, filmation, motuc, dolph lundgren? Please enlighten me. I will act the plot lines out and send the winner a cake. : )
    I like cake.

..and Dolph Lundgren, he is sooo Skeletor, and Schwarzenegger is King Randor.
    (the rest of the cast can be test screened from capable theatre performers preferably)

The arch or growth in characters is not frequent or happening to most characters but it is very significant changes, that lend to lesson learning and great value.

You can thoroughly go through all the history of Masters and try to piece together the best story, but it is going to involve making a 'new' story. (if it is that which has a beginning and an end)

If you make it just about He-Man, or just about She-Ra, it will not have a good ending, or any ending at all most likely, in the hands of someone who doesn't see the balance of structure in both.

It is He-Man and She-Ra -- Peace and Havoc.

The story will revolve around these two, like the planet Eternia revolves around its star on a tilted vertical axis, creating bright lands and dark lands, eclipsed by two moons daily.

In writing this story, carefully, I find that there is a balance in all character structure throughout, ethically, magically, and colourfully.

The ethics are rooted in the differences in boys and girls, but not solely focused on this.

I don't want to have She Ra in any movie, personally. Its a movie about MOTU, leave it like that.

Just keep it simple. Skeletor trying to take over the kingdom. Add elements here and there and call it a day.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Well I care about She-Ra, I just don't care about 'Etheria' or any random planet names that remind you of another planet's name.

Yeah, putting She-Ra in the first movie would be one of the surest ways to sink the movie. The movie should just focus on Adam as He-man and the fight against Skeletor.
    I hate you. So much.

oolarr find all his tribe massacred by skeletor and his gang and decided to begin a journey to find himself rather than vengeance for his family. he's been find by the goodess giving him the armor, shield, axe and a quest to complete: he needs to find the power sword to prove he deserves the power to become he-man. once he find it (maybe he can battle against a c-list evil warrior or an obscure character) he decides to find the powerful skeletor and defeat him. he find man at arms, a palace guard into mechanical stuff that protect the boundaries of eternian kingdom. at first maa fight he man but then hell join the adventure...

yes, im more in mini comics rather than filmation or classics storyline

Adam's journey to find himself is equally as important as Adora's journey to find herself.

..and it only has an ending/meaning if they ACTUALY find themselves, returning back to Adam/Adora.

Also.... Good 420..
    (the McGowan brothers, band I know, played an awesome show, they covered 'Dr.Who', some Grateful Dead, and their own hits like 'Hey Moma, can I have some money for weed?')

Widget
    There has been a decade of peace and security after a battle between Keldon and Randor that left Keldon disfigured and out of the public eye. No one knows why.
    Keldon has secretly taken refuge in Snake Mountain and has tried to find a way to free the Snakemen. He has failed to figure out exactly how so he decides to use Plan B. He sends out orders to Beast Man, And Mer-man to come to snake mountain. He fights out about a woman named Evil Lynn and he goes and recruits her. his face is never shown and always hidden by his hood.
    but evil lynn gets a glimpse of it after agreeing and gasps.
    with his forces now in line, he infiltrates the palace and takes Randor and Marlena hostage. He tried to take Adam as well but Adam fled from the palace.
    A voice calls to Adam to come to Castle Grayskull. He does where he finds out about He-Man and his line back to King Grayskull.
    He becomes He-man and sets off to rescue his parents and Eternia.
    Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

Skeletor's issues are more defining and ethical than simply 'because' his face is different.

..(that's like saying the phantom of the Opera doesn't like music anymore)

The issues will be more clear to see when the imagery of the bright lands of Eternia are fleshed out in scale.
    You need to see Eternia for what it is, mostly creature people and farm-villages and magic control law.

Although the main plot of the story would fall on the weight of Adam and Adora. (agreeing/disagreeing)