Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guaging interest in a Roboto replacement chest project.

Heroic Warrior
    I never took notice. Whats wrong with his torso?

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    It forms cracks. This jack ass never replied to me about he project. The saddest part is that he too owns one!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    If this project gets of the ground count me in for one
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

This is not a for sale response..

So after much research about the issues present in Roboto, I located this thread. I used to cast various weapons for 3-3/4" Joe figures and since he's my favorite Heroic Warrior, I decided to take this on. I don't have either a Roboto or a Cy-Chop, whom I'm told uses the same torso, so I need to acquire that first. I did add Cy-Chop to my B/S/T wants list and hope to have a working example during the first half of January.

So I guess the question is, are you guys still interested in having a replacement?

This isn't a sale thread. I will be doing this for myself and much like the originator of this thread, want to help others. Unlike him however, I don't rely on an entity or separate individuals to accomplish this.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    So after much research about the issues present in Roboto, I located this thread. I used to cast various weapons for 3-3/4" Joe figures and since he's my favorite Heroic Warrior, I decided to take this on. I don't have either a Roboto or a Cy-Chop, whom I'm told uses the same torso, so I need to acquire that first. I did add Cy-Chop to my B/S/T wants list and hope to have a working example during the first half of January.

So I guess the question is, are you guys still interested in having a replacement?

This isn't a sale thread. I will be doing this for myself and much like the originator of this thread, want to help others. Unlike him however, I don't rely on an entity or separate individuals to accomplish this.
    Still interested in one if the cost is not way out of control.

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    You have my blessing to hijack my thread. The company I was relying on decided they only want to do add ons for transformers still on the market and refuses to do anything else.im sorely disappointed, and would welcome any one who can help. I'm a fellow customizer and can help with the painting of the necks but I don't have the time or resources myself to make these.
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Still interested
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm interested in it as a repro part for custom projects as much as I am interested in it as a replacement in case mine eventually cracks.

Glad to see there is still interest in this.
    ELOD, thanks for your blessing. I hadn't really intended to hijack anything, but I guess it's for the best.
    Keep in mind, this will not be a re-cast of the original part. I have no intention of invoking Matty's wrath, so this will be a custom piece designed to be compatible with MoTuC which also happens to be suitable for use with Roboto, and if I can manage it, Cy-Chop. I have a torso on it's way to me now, and that will be used as a template for size to allow me to place guts & gears into it. Barring any severe issues, I should be posting pics in the custom forum by mid-January.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Been away from the site for a while due to injury, but very happy to come back and see traction on this! I am also still very interested in this project.