View Poll Results: Which describes you best?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love the set as is. Very Colorful!

76 40.86%
  • I like the set, but would have preferred toy colors/versions first.

41 22.04%
  • I only like Starla.

0 0%
  • I only like Jewelstar.

1 0.54%
  • I only like Tallstar

1 0.54%
  • I only like Starla and Jewelstar

4 2.15%
  • I only like Starla and Tallstar

2 1.08%
  • I only like Jewelstar and Tallstar.

2 1.08%
  • Not interested.

50 26.88%
  • Other

9 4.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Sisters Feedback

Star Sisters Feedback

How do you feel about this 3-Pack of Star Sisters?

Heroic Warrior
    is there a poll to go along with this?

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    is there a poll to go along with this?
    Yep, it just got added. I think there may be a time-limit set, to where you have to have the poll options done by a certain time or else it automatically posts w/o the poll.

I really like this set! My ONLY "complaint" is that I would have preferred Starlas haircolor to be a proper blonde as opposed to the cartoony yellow. Then again, itīs PoP, where everything is colorful. Then again again, itīs MOTUC, where those colorful PoP figures might be sticking out of the big picture...
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Warrior
    i chose that i only like starla and jewelstar but to clarify i love the design of tallstar just as much as the other two, its her color scheme i don't like

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Now that I've had a few days to process what has happened (), I voted this:

I like the set, but would have preferred toy colors/versions first.
    The sculpts are very nice, but I feel the prototype toy colours fit in MUCH better with MOTUC. They are bright, but more serious and the Star Sisters look more powerful in them and like they could go toe-to-toe with Hordak. These versions look like they want to...I don't know...make the world pretty or something.

If Starla's star crown is removable, Tallstar and Starla can simply be repainted in toy colours at a later date with missing back pack and pants (or repainted by ourselves and we can get creative). Jewelstar is the tricky one. For a toy version of her, she needs a new jeweled head piece, jeweled thighs and a different chest piece. That's at the minimum. I'm not picky about the rest. When she's translucent, you won't really see it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I kind of digging this set. I love all aspects of motu. I love the She-Ra cartoon, but I have no interest whatsoever in the toy versions of POP. No rooted hair, nothing. I don't care if they make them, I just have no interest personally. I hate the comb accessories too.

I do think the Star Sisters look pretty cool. I like the bright colors. I also like the obviously "girlie" designs.

We've got pure sword and sorcerey characters like He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, and Beastman. We've got sci-fi characters like Optikk and Flipshot.We've got some more literal cartoon translated characters like Orko, Marlena, Adora, and Count Marzo. And we've got pure horror characters like King Hsss and Scareglow.

To me the bright colors, stars and such of the Star Sisters add another flavor to the line. They draw an even sharper contrast between the forces of good and evil in this line.

I like it. I can't wait to set them up against Grizzlor, Leech, and Catra.

I like the colors they chose. I will say that the weakest figure of the line from what I've seen is Jewel Star (?). She looks pretty boxy and plain to me. I don't know. She still doesn't look bad though.

I like POP a lot and collected the figures as a kid. I was always disappointed with them because they didn't really look like they were from the cartoon. I don't remember the Star Sisters in the cartoon but of the 2 pictures I have seen, the catalog and the poster, the poster figures I like better.

The more POP figures we get in the line closer to the cartoon the happier I am.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

I was expecting the toy colours and was shocked to see them in these colours, but I don't know why as every thing else POP has been style guide colours so far.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm very happy with the way they look. The only downside to this set is having to pay another $60 to display Tallstar in her extended form.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm really not a fan of the Star Sisters myself. The designs just don't really speak to me. Is it odd that I think Glory Bird is cool though?

The first time I saw pictures of the SDCC Star Sisters they really had to grow on me. I think because we didn't really see anything like these in the line yet. Bow, Adora and She-Ra look a little bit more regal.
    Now that I saw them several times I really start to appreciate them. I love the face sculpts and overall design. Jewelstar is my favorite and Starla my least because the star on top of her head and I like her toy colors better. But she's still good.

After having a few days to process them, I really do like them all.

Sure, I'd 've loved a translucent Jewelstar, but the translucent accents are nice touches and enough for me. She's going to be hangin' out with the Rock Warriors when they finally arrive

Starla is what she is, simple yet lovely. She'll probably be more of a background character in my display, likely paired up with Glorybird.

Tallstar is my favorite, and I prefer her poster colors over toy colors. Plus, she has some inserts to give her somewhat of an action feature. I plan on popping those bad boys in and leaving them in there.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

No interest for me at all. I would have preferred a beast or vehicle at this price point. I'll be selling mine off, if it doesn't keep me from getting the sub altogether
    On Twitter @DualHares

I wouldn't say that i love this set but i do like the colours very much. Also, i don't know a lot about the Star Sisters so i guess i don't know any better especially compared to the hardcore SS fans...

I love them just the way they are, I've waited so long for them (and never thought i'd get them). I'm just happy to be getting them and Starla is my favourite followed by Tallstar and then Jewelstar. I can't wait to see them packaged and read their bio's.
    Last edited by Jubilation; July 25, 2011 at 08:37pm.

I chose the option for wishing that the toy versions had come first. I was very interestd to see how those costumes would translate to MotUC. I'm not unhappy with what we got, though I do think thier costumes are a little dull compared to the prototype toys.

Either way it's cool, but it seems like the changes to Starla and Tallstar could have at least been spiced up with the missing garments from the toys; Starla with her sash-like thing, and Tallstar with her crazy tendril dress. Jewelstar...well I would have liked more translucence and a more rocky apperance.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not interested at all....price point to high for figures I don't want. I will get them because of the sub but I will sell them for sure

MOTUC Future is very bright; I have to wear shades.

While these sisters are very nice — they have grown to be more acceptable as the pictures revealed! — this poll appears skewed, as it lacks a dislike option. not interested could easily be interpreted as not interested either way because the poll-taker does find them interesting but does not like or dislike.

Again, the ladies are fantastic and will make a fine addition to the line!
    Last edited by Alexxandar; July 25, 2011 at 05:34pm.

I went with Toy/Catalogue colours. They looked far more interesting.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

in another forum a guy said he would be ashamed to own these figures, I would not be embarrassed for a second
    I love star sisters , I love the femininity of these figures, I love the colors, their faces are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    in another forum a guy said he would be ashamed to own these figures, I would not be embarrassed for a second
    I love star sisters , I love the femininity of these figures, I love the colors, their faces are beautiful.
    Not letting anyone ruin this amazing moment for me. The Four Horsemen did a fantastic job translating the poster designs into MOTUC figures. I feel like the Star Sisters mark a monumental moment in the history of this line, what with the amount of tooling that two of them are getting. And our first "action feature" on a female!!!!! (I'm not counting things like Marlena's removable dress as an action feature)

I'm totally amazed with this set. The only issue I have is that Starla is missing her "backpack". I wish the 4H/Mattel had included it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

I also wish starla had her back display and Tallstar had her leg decorations that were on the prototype. I would have liked the prototype toy colors more than the poster colors but this set is still a complete win for me!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very pleased that they are going to be a multi pack