View Poll Results: Would you like MOTUC to make a human Light Hope?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

87 46.28%
  • No

101 53.72%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Hope as a figure?

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar

Light Hope as a figure?

To my knowledge there's never really been a detailed origin for Light Hope. Was he a human at one time?

Would you like the MOTUC line to make a figure and give him an origin?

If so, what are some ideas you have for an origin?

I like Light Hope as a formless being. I dont know that I would like a human figure of Light Hope.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I really don't like the idea that Light Hope was a person. I see it more as just a spirit or force.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    If they ever did a Light Hope figure I would like him to be like the X-men's Iceman in his frost form minus any facial features. I would like to see them use a mix of clear, clear red, clear blue, clear yellow, and solid white plastic. The solid white and clear plastic I would use on his arms and legs in a mixed Rorschach-like pattern, with his head made of the clear plastic. As for his torso use all the different colored plastic to form a diagonial colored rainbow on his chest. Also a soild gold hoop or ring "floating" around his head like a crown and a trident made of solid white plastic with the "floating" ring surronding the prongs. Also with the figure a light up ball of mystic plastic on a stand to show him in a floating form(like the Omega white ranger from Power rangers S.P.D. when he wasn't morphed.) That would be use to represent the form he has to take to leave the Crystal Castle just like the Sorceress has to turn into Zoar for Castle Grayskull. Also have him come with Lookee and say he use the little guy as his eyes and ears outside the CC and have a psychic/mystical link between the two of them. This way Lookee looks like he actually serves a purpose other than giving a moral and playing hide and seek.

rough example of chest:

(solid white stripe)///(clear plastic stripe)

Also wish Mattel would say if Light Hope was one of the Anicents or an agent of the Anicents like The Sorceress, The Green Goddess, and Zodac/k?
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Personally I beleive Light Hope should be a sculpture (possibly with moving parts) made out of holographic, reflective, or white shimmering material.

This could be a chance for the horsemen to let go and sculpt something deep and creative outside of the action figure form.

It would be incredible to see them sculpt an actualized abstract form of Light Hope. Complicated yet simple - and then package it in a figure case as the representation of that character.

Imagine the Four-Horsemen being given the green light to scuplt whatever they think the form of Light Hope is behind the actual light WHILE STILL adhearing to the integrity of the picture people see in their heads when thinking of this character. Gives me goose bumps.

Edit:

I also have to say that packaging Look-ee and Lighthope together is an incredible idea. Basically if Light Hope was done in a non-human scupture form - he could come packaged with an Actual figure of Look-ee. Think of it - A little articulated Look-ee figure with a big prop of Light Hope packaged in one MOTUC blister.

Plus I would probably bet that the people interested in actual Look-ee figures and Light Hope figures are of all the same group of MOTUC collector (She-Ra Lovers and/or Complete MOTUC line collectors). Packaging Light Hope and Look-ee together makes logical sense and would probably be preffered for those (unlike me) who are not interested in the whole She-Ra thing. Basically the combo takes up one month instead of two.
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; September 28, 2009 at 04:41am.

Those are great ideas! Packaging Lookee would make perfect sense! I do like the idea of them having a rapport. It does add more to his character. There's a lot of potential for this figure. I hope it does become realized. Much like King Grayskull (and the Spirit of Grayskull figure) this would just add another level!

Widget
    The Ex-Filmation Crew say in a audio commentary on a She-Ra box, that they make Light Hope so in this style, that Mattel can't make a action figur from him.

Quote Originally Posted by sommi View Post
    The Ex-Filmation Crew say in a audio commentary on a She-Ra box, that they make Light Hope so in this style, that Mattel can't make a action figur from him.
    A figure could easily be made that envoks the style the filmation crew created...

But in many ways I have always gotten the impression that light hope IS the crystal castle.
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; September 28, 2009 at 08:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    A figure could easily be made that envoks the style the filmation crew created...
    I agree.
    Maybe inside an hypothetic (and unrealistic, I know...) Crystal Castle playset with lights and sounds.
    Just a dream...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Yes of course!!

This is what Emiliano had to say on Light Hope in another thread looking at MVC's 2K MOTU comic plans!

"Light Hope is a Living Spell written in the Book of the Living Spells, the one Eldor carries around. The Book was written by the Ancients and it contains all the Secret of the Universe. The Ancients transcribed the magics used by the Overlords to create the Universe and life, and the book itself is very important in the creation of the Powers of Grayskull (we'll go into that later)

When the First Ones were sent to look for a new world, Eldor and He-Ro gave them one of the Living Spell to aid them in their task: Light Hope.
    It was that powerful spell that "created" life on Etheria. He was much more than just the Crystal Castle Guardian."

I would love a Light Hope Figure & I hope we get oone in MOTUC! Here is a custom 2K Light Hope figure I made a few years ago.

PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I like the idea that Light Hope is actually He-Ro. A "spirit" version of him would be fantastic, especially done in a multi-hued, transluscent plastic.

Angel, that was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Personally I beleive Light Hope should be a sculpture (possibly with moving parts) made out of holographic, reflective, or white shimmering material.

This could be a chance for the horsemen to let go and sculpt something deep and creative outside of the action figure form.

It would be incredible to see them sculpt an actualized abstract form of Light Hope. Complicated yet simple - and then package it in a figure case as the representation of that character.

Imagine the Four-Horsemen being given the green light to scuplt whatever they think the form of Light Hope is behind the actual light WHILE STILL adhearing to the integrity of the picture people see in their heads when thinking of this character. Gives me goose bumps.

Edit:

I also have to say that packaging Look-ee and Lighthope together is an incredible idea. Basically if Light Hope was done in a non-human scupture form - he could come packaged with an Actual figure of Look-ee. Think of it - A little articulated Look-ee figure with a big prop of Light Hope packaged in one MOTUC blister.

Plus I would probably bet that the people interested in actual Look-ee figures and Light Hope figures are of all the same group of MOTUC collector (She-Ra Lovers and/or Complete MOTUC line collectors). Packaging Light Hope and Look-ee together makes logical sense and would probably be preffered for those (unlike me) who are not interested in the whole She-Ra thing. Basically the combo takes up one month instead of two.
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Those are great ideas! Packaging Lookee would make perfect sense! I do like the idea of them having a rapport. It does add more to his character. There's a lot of potential for this figure. I hope it does become realized. Much like King Grayskull (and the Spirit of Grayskull figure) this would just add another level!
    Glad you guy like my idea about Lookee, I also like the idea AuraBoyX had for pool form of Light Hope. Now I am thinking we need a four pack, The pool form of Light Hope(ala AuraBoyX) and My Idea for both a human shaped figure packed with a ball of light form and of course little Lookee.

As for my idea about Lookee have a psychic/mystical rapport/link it was because of Filmation I got the idea. He was always hiding and watching the other characters and I saw him as perfect way for Light Hope to look upon the world of Etheria. Plus Lookee in one episode(or two) made it into the Crystal Castle and I think even talked to LH. Also if Hordak ever caught the little guy he could try to use him to find the CC or She-Ra and maybe even tap into LH's power. Plus Lookee was supposed to also be hard to see/find even by the horde. I really think Filmation under used this character and I always want every character in my TV shows to have a better part in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    I agree.
    Maybe inside an hypothetic (and unrealistic, I know...) Crystal Castle playset with lights and sounds.
    Just a dream...
    Love this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    This is what Emiliano had to say on Light Hope in another thread looking at MVC's 2K MOTU comic plans!

"Light Hope is a Living Spell written in the Book of the Living Spells, the one Eldor carries around. The Book was written by the Ancients and it contains all the Secret of the Universe. The Ancients transcribed the magics used by the Overlords to create the Universe and life, and the book itself is very important in the creation of the Powers of Grayskull (we'll go into that later)

When the First Ones were sent to look for a new world, Eldor and He-Ro gave them one of the Living Spell to aid them in their task: Light Hope.
    It was that powerful spell that "created" life on Etheria. He was much more than just the Crystal Castle Guardian."

I would love a Light Hope Figure & I hope we get oone in MOTUC! Here is a custom 2K Light Hope figure I made a few years ago.
    Thanks for the answer to my question at the bottom of my post up there. If there is anymore info like this out there (from any media) I would like to see it. Please and Thank you.

Also love the figure, would make a good before becoming a being of light action figure. Did you design any other accerories for him?
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Yeah, I designed him a 2K style staff, but I never got around to finishing it. Maybe one day I will, but since the 2k line has died I seem to have lost my customising drive.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    Just a dream...
    Like the unproduced Visionaries Iron Mountain Holodrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post

I didn't know that! Really interesting.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    The only way I could see LIGHT HOPE in a human form, would be if he was made in clear plastic with sparkles inside (similar to HE-RO's sword --- which could possibly tie the two together! )

Something like this, but only brighter:

Give the character a She-Ra sword, done in the same way as He-Ro's SWORD, and we have a winner!

Giving him a human form wouldn't take away from the character's mystique, as it could just be a form he takes on occassion. He could still be a living spell. I just think that he should essentially be a faceless entity. The toy above from DC Direct (STARMAN) is a good example of that. He would also be a really easy figure to make as a Bonus figure. Down the road, they could just use The Faceless One's head (minus the hood), and a generic MOTU body... add sparkles... and you have a cool new action figure!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; November 23, 2009 at 05:24pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

That's a REALLY good idea Atkin. You have to go cost efficiant around here if you want figures made! :-)

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I really don't like the idea that Light Hope was a person. I see it more as just a spirit or force.
    I agree. I voted no.

While the MVC Comics backstory is awesome, Ihave to say, I still like the notion of He-Ro becoming Lighthope. It goes well with his history with "pools."
    I like your idea, Cptain Atkin; it's similar to my own above, though your direction with the glittery "stars" is excelent, and makes lots of sense.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    While the MVC Comics backstory is awesome, Ihave to say, I still like the notion of He-Ro becoming Lighthope. It goes well with his history with "pools."
    I like your idea, Captain Atkin; it's similar to my own above, though your direction with the glittery "stars" is excelent, and makes lots of sense.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Light Hope taking on a human form, so long as it isn't "too human." I also don't think it takes away anything from the Filmation version by giving him a human form... we see characters who can morph into other forms all the time in MOTU.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    include him in a bio.

Yes!Why not?

Cool news!!! "Ask Matty" said today that they could make a figure of Light Hope, because he never appeared in the cartoon with a body. Same goes for Horde Prime! The only catch appears to be that they may be given different names. Here is the quote:

"Kind of. He is a Filmation created character but that does not prevent us from creating our own character to fill his "role", (only because, much like Horde Prime, Light Hope had no "look" - he was just a cloud of light and never seen on camera).

This is, however, something that is not possible with a character like Shadow Weaver who had an actual look and personality on-screen. We won't be doing a "Horde Witch" figure in this way. We have no intent of deliberately finding ways around copyrights. That is not playing fair."
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 16, 2010 at 12:02am.

www.hemanworld.com