Thread: I just broke my Fang Man figure! Ugh!!! Please help?? :(

I just broke my Fang Man figure! Ugh!!! Please help?? :(

Well, Iím really really annoyed now. I finally just got my King He-Man and Fang Man figures this past Tuesday, after the Easter holidays and all that, and finally was able to make some time last night to open them. Yes, I swooned over the usual badass design from the 4 Horsemen. But then, it happened!!

I took apart the figures, as is my usual tradition, to really bend, pose and appreciate every detail of it; I switch heads and all that, just really enjoy my figures. But man (!!!!), wouldnít you know it? When I took off Fang Manís head, the neck peg snapped!!! Leaving one part in the neck part, and one part in the actual head. (Well, I mean the middle Ďneck-headí, between the figure and the actual head.) I swear I almost cried. (I didnít.)

Now, Iím really really annoyed. (See first sentence of this post.) I tried with pliers to pull out the piece from inside the head. But the pliers were just too big. I got all frustrated, and put it down. (It was getting late.) I figured Iíd reach out here and see if anyone ever had similar sitches, and could offer advice. And way to fix this thing? Any particular glue thatíll help? I wanna avoid Krazy GlueÖ

Help?

Finally I've found that I belong here.

Heroic Warrior
    Given that they didn't put him up for day of sale, he's probably got plenty of customer service stock left... Call Mattycollector.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I'd contact customer service as soon as possible-- do it quickly, because after awhile, they no longer replace broken figures.

Awesome! Worth a try... I'm gonna call. Thanks, buddies.

if you're talking about the the center "neck" the peg that pegs into the actual head looks as if it's glue in or something anyway, or something the neck is formed around it....it could probably be fixed, but best bet is to call, but they only give you 30 friggin days from the time it ships, not from the time you get the figures....which to me is asinine, it should be 30 days from the time you get them, which is a normal business practice, yet DR does not observe this. How can you get your figure within 30 days, when international customers take almost that long if not longer, then say oh, you're ****ed, because the 30 days is already up? You haven't had it 30 days, yet the window is over already? I mean that's ****** customer service, but you still have a few days to do something, so you should do it, since most of the time it takes forever on Matty's end.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Call C/S to get a replacement and in the meantime use a blowdryer to heat up the head and then pull the peg out with plyers. You should be able to do the same with the peg in the body.

Worst comes to worst visit the customs forum and ask one of the customizers there for help via PM as they "should" be able to fix the figure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yay!! Thanks, guys! They're sending me a replacement. I have to send this one back, and it's all good. Woo-hoo!

What's interesting is that my Fang Man makes a weird sounds when i take the neck extension off. It sounds and feels brittle so I'm not going to fiddle with him much.

If Customer Service can't help. Get a pair of needle nose pliers to pull out the peg. Take the neck peg piece from a different figure and replace it. If you need to take the body apart and aren't comfortable with that, contact a customizer and see if they'll do it for you for a small fee. There are plenty of other members that work on figures that might help you fix him with a little work.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    if you're talking about the the center "neck" the peg that pegs into the actual head looks as if it's glue in or something anyway, or something the neck is formed around it....it could probably be fixed, but best bet is to call, but they only give you 30 friggin days from the time it ships, not from the time you get the figures....which to me is asinine, it should be 30 days from the time you get them, which is a normal business practice, yet DR does not observe this. How can you get your figure within 30 days, when international customers take almost that long if not longer, then say oh, you're ****ed, because the 30 days is already up? You haven't had it 30 days, yet the window is over already? I mean that's ****** customer service, but you still have a few days to do something, so you should do it, since most of the time it takes forever on Matty's end.
    They have said that to me and I just replied - it takes about a month to get here...and they exchange it!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I had this happen to a figure before and thankfully they replaced it. Glad CS is taking care of you.

Yeah, I'm super stoked. The Customer Service rep said they will be emailing me a shipping label (or something), and I won't have to pay for shipping. Can't wait to get this taken care of. That figure is pretty super-sweet. And I definitely will NOT be taking that baby apart any longer. lol

Thanks again, He-Pals.

Heroic Warrior
    You might want to invest in a smaller pair of needle-nose pliers. Also get yourself a heatgun or blowdryer. Always, always, always heat up a figure's neck/head whenever switching heads. It doesn't matter how you may have seen it done in a review, heat your figure up to drastically minimize the breakage possibility. You might want to heat the neck/head when trying to remove that broken pin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    You might want to invest in a smaller pair of needle-nose pliers. Also get yourself a heatgun or blowdryer. Always, always, always heat up a figure's neck/head whenever switching heads. It doesn't matter how you may have seen it done in a review, heat your figure up to drastically minimize the breakage possibility. You might want to heat the neck/head when trying to remove that broken pin as well.
    That is some great advice. Thanks. I will invest in some super great tweezers. And I'll pick up a hairdryer (even though I'm pretty much bald). lol