Thread: Who else loves the Panrico MOTU minis from Portugal? Discuss and share yours here!

Heroic Podcaster

Who else loves the Panrico MOTU minis from Portugal? Discuss and share yours here!

Title says it all! Share pics of your Panrico Dunkin MOTU minis from Portugal and Spain!

For anyone who does not know what these are, I can share my limited knowledge of them. They are small (1 1/2 inch or so) monocolored plastic miniatures of our beloved MOTU characters (first two waves roughly) that came in Dunkin cake mixes in Portugal and Spain back in the early 80s MOTU heyday. If anyone can provide more info (or correct mine!) then please do! They look a lot like M.U.S.C.L.E. men from the 80s if you remember those.

Here's a pic for reference (these are not mine!) -

Attachment 83871

The following characters are available -

He-Man with sword
    He-Man with axe
    Teela
    Man-at-Arms
    Stratos
    Man-E-Faces
    Ram Man
    Mekaneck
    Fisto
    Battle Cat
    Skeletor with staff and sword
    Skeletor with staff only
    Beast Man
    MerMan
    Zodac
    Evil-Lyn
    Trap Jaw
    Tri-Klops
    Panthor
    Castle Grayskull

The available colors (as far as I know) are peach (like original M.U.S.C.L.E. toys), yellow, red, orange, light green, dark green, light blue, and dark blue. My favorites are the figures that come in the color most associated with that character - Beast Man in orange or Tri-Klops in green for example. I saw a light green Grayskull once and I should have grabbed it!

I will post pics soon (I'm at work now, don't tell anyone!) - I just want to see other collections of these tiny marvels and hear other fans' stories! These are one of my very favorite examples of MOTU merchandise because they are BOTH merchandise AND toys themselves! Or if you don't want to post pics, just list the ones you have!

My newest additions (waiting for them in the mail!) are green MerMan, green Battle Cat, red Teela, blue Evil-Lyn and blue Ram Man. That will bring my total to 42! These things are kind of addictive!

Anyone else like these guys or is it just me?
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

As a MUSCLE (and minifigures) fan I must say they're really cool!
    They are hard to come by? How the plastic feel?

Heroic Podcaster
    The plastic is slightly flexible but remarkably tough considering they are 30 years old. They remind me of cereal prizes from the 80s - obviously made on the cheap but "on the cheap" back then still mean they were pretty tough. The thinner parts, like the weapons, have some give to them so they do not snap and break.

Id say the lack of response on this thread helps confirm how rare they are. I KNOW I am not the only Org collector who has some yet no one has posted. Seeing as how they were never made in the US, that makes them a little harder to come by. I was lucky enough to find a guy in Portugal who was selling a bunch of them. I've been slowly buying them from him for awhile. Now I just need certain character/color combos!
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I would love a Fisto!
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Podcaster
    Here is my current collection!

Attachment 84164

Those r cool SunDevil!I was bidding on some of the pewter minis a week or so ago but I didn't get them.I wonder who got them?SunDevil maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Here is my current collection!

Attachment 84164
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Heroic Podcaster
    I wish! I missed them, dang! Send me the link!

*Edit* Gah! Just saw them! Kicking myself now - I need that Battle Ram (though it is missing the wheelbase) and that Faker! And it went for $10? What a steal! Gah again!

I search for "Masters Universe Grenadier" and "Masters Universe metal" every other day but didn't think to search for "Masters Universe pewter". I will add that to my search list because I MUST have the rest of the metal mini set!
    Last edited by SunDevil; April 15, 2013 at 11:01am.