Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!

2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!

I was just browsing Mattycollector for any recent news and noticed this...

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...-from-415-430/

Toy Fans,

One of the biggest requests we get is from people who missed the subscription enrollment period and want to jump into the current year. If you’re one of them, here’s your chance because we’re re-opening enrollment in our 2013 subscriptions!

This is a “club light” kind of thing… subscriptions purchased during this period will include figures released from May through December of 2013 (figures released January through April aren’t included). We’ll update each club’s product page with all the details when they re-open for purchase on 4/15, but here are the basics:

Subscriptions Available

4/15 9am PT thru 4/30 11:59pm PT

Club Eternia®

Club Eternia Monthly subscription includes one figure approximately every month for eight months from May thru December 2013 for a total of eight figures. The total commitment will be $350 (8 monthly figures @ $25 = $200), 3 beasts/variants/multi-packs/other (1 each at $25, $50, $75 = $150) plus shipping/taxes/fees. There is no membership fee and the club-exclusive King He-Man™ figure with map of Subternia and voting privileges for the packaging art are not included. Upcoming figures revealed to date are Karatti™ (May), Octavia™ (June), Clamp Champ™ (July), Castaspella™ (August), and Mantenna™ (October). Please note there is no September figure and instead we’ll have two basic figures in October – one is Mantenna™ and the other will be revealed at SDCC.

Club Infinite Earths

Club Infinite Earths
    Monthly subscription includes one figure approximately every month for eight months from May thru December 2013 for a total of 8 figures. The total commitment will be $144 (8 figures @ $18 each) plus shipping/taxes/fees. There is no membership fee and the club-exclusive Monsieur Mallah & The Brain figures are not included. Upcoming figures revealed to date are Wally West Flash (May), Red Hood (June), Freddy Freeman (July), Fire (August), and Huntress (September).

Club Black Freighter

Club Black Freighter Bi-monthly subscription includes one figure approximately every other month beginning in May for a total of four figures. The total commitment will be $100 (4 figures @ $25 per figure) plus shipping/taxes/fees and there is no membership fee. Upcoming figures revealed to date are Silk Spectre (May), Night Owl (July), and The Comedian (September). The final figure, shipping in November, will surely be the smartest one in your collection.

Club Filmation

Club Filmation Monthly subscription includes one figure approximately every month beginning in July for a total of six figures. The total commitment will be $150 (6 figures @ $25 per figure) plus shipping/taxes/fees and there is no membership fee. Upcoming figures revealed to date are Icer™ (July), Shokoti™ (August), and Batros™ (September). We’ve also revealed a mysterious sword that will belong to the November figure. Find out its owner at SDCC, along with the October and December figures.

Early Access

New subscriptions for Club Eternia®, Club Infinite Earths, and Club Black Freighter get Early Access beginning in May 2013 and all Club Filmation subscriptions get Early Access beginning in July 2013.

Combined Shipping

If you have current club subscriptions and purchase additional subscriptions during the April open enrollment, all of your subscriptions will be eligible for combined shipping the next time after the new subscriptions initially ship. New Club Eternia® and Club Infinite Earths subscriptions will be eligible beginning in June (the first month they ship is May), new Club Black Freighter subscriptions will be eligible in July (it’s bi-monthly and begins in May), and new Club Filmation subscriptions will be eligible in August (it begins in July).

Purchase Limits

There will be a limited number of these subscriptions available. You can purchase as many new subscriptions of any kind as you like until they sell out.

Again, these “club light” subscriptions will be open from 4/15 at 9am PT through 4/30 at 11:59pm PT. If you’d like an email reminder and you’re not already signed up, click here to register. You can also join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.

–Matty
    Last edited by Micro-Man; April 4, 2013 at 05:21pm.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Bummer.........no King He-Man!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

I'm surprised they waited so long. I suppose this must be in response to interest sparked by Grayskull, but I also suspect they're worried about not being able to sell enough duds with their current marketing strategy. Grab a few more subs because what could be better than guaranteed sales for whatever you decide to produce.

Personally, I think it's great because I've been a subscriber for the whole run and I missed out on the sub this year due to a credit card boo-boo. I would have bought two subs like normal but thanks to the outrageous prices Mattel has decided to charge I've scaled back to buying only one, which works out better for me. I'll likely get one just so I don't have to bother with their website, but I'm not thankful or anything because subscribing hasn't exactly been an enjoyable experience. I'd buy some other subs, especially the Watchmen one, but I don't think I'll be buying any more Mattel products after watching how they conduct business while collecting MOTUC.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Wow, the end date for the "club light" subs is cutting it really close to May figure. (Karatti) Will they have enough to send out to everyone at the same time? Hopefully some of us who signed up for a full year won't get put on a waiting list or something in favor of the newbs...lol
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yeah, sadly no Netossa, Ram Man, Jitsu, King He-Man, Fang Man, or Snake Face figures for the Club Eternia "Lite" subs but you still get the majority of the 2013 figures. At least the Club Filmation sub is intact with all 6 figures.

It's a nice option for new collectors who don't want to deal with DOS...I would've signed up for a 2012 Club Eternia "Lite" sub if it had been offered last year!

I got so excited when I initially saw this as I missed the sub last year but it's very disappointing that it doesn't include the figures sold so far.

So just to confirm, this does include the Fighting Foe Men? When are they due for release, May?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Strange that they are doing this! The paranoia in me says they have had a lot of people cancel their subs but the optimist hopes castle grayskull has sparked a lot of new interest in MOTUC.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wait...wait.

I thought the point of offering the subscriptions so far in advance of the coming year was to know how many figures to put into production ahead of time?

So they can alter the production that they established back in August 2013 within a month's notice?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait...wait.

I thought the point of offering the subscriptions so far in advance of the coming year was to know how many figures to put into production ahead of time?

So they can alter the production that they established back in August 2013 within a month's notice?
    That is my question as well. Kind of puzzling, eh?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Yeah, sadly no Netossa, Ram Man, Jitsu, King He-Man, Fang Man, or Snake Face figures for the Club Eternia "Lite" subs but you still get the majority of the 2013 figures. At least the Club Filmation sub is intact with all 6 figures.

It's a nice option for new collectors who don't want to deal with DOS...I would've signed up for a 2012 Club Eternia "Lite" sub if it had been offered last year!
    Me Too! Glad they are doing this for newbies and hope everyone that wants one gets one......although It kinda sucks for resellers or people that bought extra subs as there may be a few less DOS pickers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I forgot about that.....yeah......things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Wait...wait.

That's what I thought. This re-opening of the sub kind of confuses me. However I hope that Castle Grayskull has spark a new interest in this line, It also helps that core characters like He-man and Skeletor are easily available on Matty Collector so if some on does want to jump on board they can get some of the most import character without having to wait for a monthly re-isue

thet're probably selling most of customer service stock meaning there will be less day of

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Wait...wait.

Multiple SUB cancelations after April must be the reason !!!! I guess not many will buy it, especially after April’s over shipping fees fiasco & $0.25 refund drama !
    Last edited by TUC138; April 4, 2013 at 05:51pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    I think it means there will just be less figures to sell day of, since we know they already have produced a certain amount above the number of subscriptions. Hence the possibility of these subs selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I am puzzled too. Too many cancellations would guarantee a certain quantity of figures but not more than the cancelled subs. Opening subscription at this point is really weird. Karatti should be fully produced right now. This makes no sense to me

Peering into Matty-Lyn's crystal ball, I foresee more figures that will not have day of stock.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Thanks Toyguru and Mattel for giving us non-subs another window to subscribe!! This will be my first Club Eternia sub!!! So excited!!

I've only cherry picked until now because I just started collecting in November. This is great news!

on such short notice, they are going to make more figures??????? the insanity of it all.
    Stratos75 Feedback Thread

I've had one bad deal on this board, contact me for details.

This is great news! I've only gotten one monthly figure so far this year (Ram-Man.) I'll buy a sub and get all the last 7!

I really don't think a ton of people are going to subscribe that haven't already. It'll likely just fill the holes left by cancellations, and/or maybe tap into day-of stock which they clearly want to eliminate anyway.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I really don't think a ton of people are going to subscribe that haven't already. It'll likely just fill the holes left by cancellations, and/or maybe tap into day-of stock which they clearly want to eliminate anyway.
    Maybe, yes.
    Anyway, I think its a good thing. Since i want to open one each of Batros, Shokoti and Icer, I'll have another Filmation sub. I SOOO hope we also get Strongarm and Genral Sunder. Do i dare hope for a...General Tataran?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos75 View Post
    on such short notice, they are going to make more figures??????? the insanity of it all.
    I`ll bet they are subbing out the DOS stock so we can`t buy on day of, to scare us into next years sub
    Last edited by adam03; April 4, 2013 at 06:18pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm just happy the subscriptions are being re-opened. Now, people who are fed up with the lightning fast sell-outs and ZERO day-of figures (like Fang Man and ONE of the figures from the upcoming Filmation mini-sub), will have the option to subscribe. I see this as good news.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    That the "lite" subs are in "limited supply" suggests that they're just going to offer up enough subs to hit the smallest production run of whatever figures are in the works. Then those figures become "sub only". Not much of a mystery here, I don't think it has much to do with cancellations of subs, but more to do with making a buck while public consciousness of this line has risen a bit thanks to the castle.

The way I see it this is a chance for day-of-sale buyers to commit to buying the rest of the year's figures, knowing that if they don't take this chance it is extremely unlikely that they will get a chance to buy the remaining figures.
    Sub up, or miss out completely.

To me this signals that 2014 may be a sub-only year with no DOS at all, other than possible sales of left over stock.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration