Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    The way I see it this is a chance for day-of-sale buyers to commit to buying the rest of the year's figures, knowing that if they don't take this chance it is extremely unlikely that they will get a chance to buy the remaining figures.
    Sub up, or miss out completely.

To me this signals that 2014 may be a sub-only year with no DOS at all, other than possible sales of left over stock.
    That's exactly what they want, so now I have sub and buy 6 figures I don`t want just to get clamp champ and mantenna? It`s just wrong that we as buyers want to purchase something and Mattel doesn`t want to take our money, or they do they just want ALL OF IT

This is good for those who could not get them earlier.

Hopefully if they sell enough it will automatically trigger next years subs....I know wishful thinking.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait...wait.

I thought the point of offering the subscriptions so far in advance of the coming year was to know how many figures to put into production ahead of time?

So they can alter the production that they established back in August 2013 within a month's notice?
    And this won't delay anything?

Maybe that's why they have a limited number available, they already have the figures, set, but I'll bet this will eat every DOS figure from now on, and nothing will be offered DOS.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Exactly my point!! which isn`t right, if people wanted to sub they should have bought one last year. If this is the route Mattel is going I`m done and not paying secondary prices. so I guess I`ll have an incomplete collection I just paid out the ass to get caught up. Why should I have to go all in to get 2 figures? why should I have to sell the other 6 to be happy? why can`t I just buy the 2 figures I want and be done with it? cause it`s mattel`s way or nothing and I`m really sick and tired of their everchanging contradictory way of doing business.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And this won't delay anything?

Maybe that's why they have a limited number available, they already have the figures, set, but I'll bet this will eat every DOS figure from now on, and nothing will be offered DOS.

They have the production numbers already and May and June figures are probably ready, so what they are selling here is the cancelled subs (after Ram-man maybe?) and part of day of sale.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Exactly my point!! which isn`t right, if people wanted to sub they should have bought one last year. If this is the route Mattel is going I`m done and not paying secondary prices. so I guess I`ll have an incomplete collection I just paid out the ass to get caught up. Why should I have to go all in to get 2 figures? why should I have to sell the other 6 to be happy? why can`t I just buy the 2 figures I want and be done with it? cause it`s mattel`s way or nothing and I`m really sick and tired of their everchanging contradictory way of doing business.
    There are a lot of people new to the line who did not have the opportunity to sub in July 2012. Yes, Matty should have stock for DOS figures. I don't know what they will do. As it is, DOS figures are selling out in minutes, so you weren't guaranteed to get them anyway.

In any case, I'm sure buying those 2 figures from a vendor would be cheaper than buying the rest of the whole 2013 sub, even with a jacked-up price.

Castaspella, Mantenna, and Octavia will get me to subscribe. Those 3 are fantastic and with my work schedule I don't want to risk missing out on any of them. I'm glad Matty is doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    if people wanted to sub they should have bought one last year. .
    Not only are there people who have just discovered the line, there are people such as myself who wanted to purchase a sub last year but could not commit to it financially.
    Now I am in a better position and can afford it, I want to sub up, so this is great for me. I just wish it included the Jan-April figs.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

What he said ^^

This is really smart. They should have multiple opportunities to sub-in throughout the year. I would totally have bitten on something like this last year, as I missed the sub window.

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting. I'm guessing that there has to be a cap on the number of "lite" subscriptions that they can sell since they're presumably selling any cancelled and "day of sale" allotments as the "lite" subscriptions.

IF the "lite" subscriptions sell out, then I guess there will be no "day of sale" stock for most of 2013 for either the main or Filmation subscriptions, even though Toyguru has mentioned a number of times that 5/6 of the Filmation subscription figures will be available as "day of sale" stock.

I do wonder what this means for 2014. It's looking increasingly likely that Mattel is moving to a "subscription" only model.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait...wait.

I thought the point of offering the subscriptions so far in advance of the coming year was to know how many figures to put into production ahead of time?

So they can alter the production that they established back in August 2013 within a month's notice?
    It seems a ton of people dumped their subs the moment Ram Man, King He-Man and Fang Man arrived ... not surprising since hardly anyone wants to spend $90-$110 on the FFM. It's very convenient the Sub Lite is just in time to get you your Karatti and FFM figures...

This doesn't look good for the 2014 sub...
    Last edited by blackiecats; April 4, 2013 at 07:30pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Then again, there is still $75.00 FFM !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    It seems a ton of people dumped their subs the moment King He-Man arrived ... not surprising since hardly anyone wants to spend $90-$110 on the FFM. It's very convenient the Sub Lite is just in time to get you your Karatti and FFM figures...

This doesn't look good for the 2014 sub...
    Yeah.... You beat me on FFM ! But I corrected for ya !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

True. However you'd still have got Ram Man in Feb and Fang Man with the King He-Man shipment (both essentially sub exclusives)

Matty would not re-open subs unless THEY needed to.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    I still think Matty should offer the sub twice a year, and give two options: a 6-month sub, then a 12-month sub with figures discounted.

So, something like $30/figure with the 6-month, but $25/figure with the full 12-month.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Did they push back FFM? I thought they were hitting this month

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Peering into Matty-Lyn's crystal ball, I foresee more figures that will not have day of stock.
    I think this is exactly what is happening! I don't wanna see any tears or whining when Mantenna becomes a sub only figure! I think that we will also see some Club Eternia figures moved to Club Filmation. Im happy in any case cuz I can finally get a freaking sub!

FFM are in May with Karatti.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Did they push back FFM? I thought they were hitting this month
    Yes, they did. They are May. April is only Snake Face.

As far as DOS....they may still have some, just not as much as they had in the past. Makes sense. People have been saying they wanted to sub but missed out, couldn't at the time, ect ect....now is the chance. I originally thought I'd just sub for this year, but if they want a sub only model.....at this point, I'm in. Figures delivered without having to deal with Matty.com at a cheaper rate and no 2 min sellout....yeah, no brainer.

If it started in June (without the Fighting Foe Men and Karratti), I might have been tempted.

FFM are in May with Karatti.
    I'd definitely get another sub but b/c of these 2 figures I will not. Too bad it didn't start in June. But a great opportunity for people that want to sub or add additional subs.

I was considering getting two. But it looks like I'll just get one. Two sets of Fighting Foe Men is more than I can budget for (or need) in May!

When you subscribe to Heavy Metal Magazine, they have 3 sub plans. The first is for the main magazine. The second is for quarterly specials. The third is for both. It seems like a model which would do well for Matty to consider.

Anyway, I'm psyched that I can get a sub!

I'm happy for those who are now able to sub and get the figures they want without a hassle (well, subbing is it's own hassle, but at least you are guaranteed the figures, well, mostly).

I'm sorry for DOS people because it will be harder now to get figures.

There will have to be at least a wee little bit of DOS for the popular figures because they don't make the same number of figures for each character. So they can only sell as many subs as they have the least production. Well that is, unless they make it a policy to just cut off DOS.

- - - Updated - - -

True. However you'd still have got Ram Man in Feb and Fang Man with the King He-Man shipment (both essentially sub exclusives)

Matty would not re-open subs unless THEY needed to.
    I wonder if they are doing it to further pressure DOS'ers to sub in 2014.

I think i'm going to do this. Then i wont have to fight for Octavia and Clamp Champ.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Heroic Warrior
    On the theory Castle Grayskull sparked new interest with new collectors I have to wonder if this lite sub even looks appealing to nastalgic fans. Really the nostalgic collector will only bbe enticed by Clamp Champ and Mantenna. True we usually get a solid gem at the end of year and the 2 pack is rumored to be something fans have been demanding. I still have to wonder how this will go. My guess is cancelled subs is playing into this decision and matty is afraid of being stuck with overstock on figures like karatii and octavia.