Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!

While this is great news for some! And I am happy for those who missed out to get a second chance. If I was day of sales customer I would be very worried by this news.

1) the stock has come from somewhere , they haven't been lying about how long it takes to make a figure all these years, this means less day of sales stock but matty still moves there quoter with more ease. Looks good to upper management any quick sale.

2) rumor is Sub only 2014, best way to set that up is by making a few figures ( like fang man ) basically sub only, help " ease us in to the idea" and will help inspire DOS customers to buy subs . While at the same time not sitting on the stock they ordered.

3 ) if fans are unhappy about quicker sell outs " well we offered the sub twice, after you knew about quick sell outs and none dos stock of figures"

None of this is proven , just theory , but keep in mind I am the guy who gets labelled a matty apologist and a positive guy, but I kinda think if you are a DOS customer you should be worried about your ability to collect this line in the near future !

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'm more concerned that there may be less QC stock. That could lead to whole other issues. Hopefully they don't pull from that for the new subs!

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Strange that they are doing this! The paranoia in me says they have had a lot of people cancel their subs but the optimist hopes castle grayskull has sparked a lot of new interest in MOTUC.
    I see this simply as them saying "LAST CHANCE TO BE ASSURED YOU WILL GET THE FIGURES YOU WANT THIS YEAR" as I believe we will see more situations like Fang Man in the latter half of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait...wait.

I thought the point of offering the subscriptions so far in advance of the coming year was to know how many figures to put into production ahead of time?

So they can alter the production that they established back in August 2013 within a month's notice?
    I am sure they can increase production for figures far out - but I think this really means all the day of stock will goto to these new subscribers. Meaning no day of sales for most figures.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    2) rumor is Sub only 2014, best way to set that up is by making a few figures ( like fang man ) basically sub only, help " ease us in to the idea" and will help inspire DOS customers to buy subs . While at the same time not sitting on the stock they ordered.
    I completely buy into your theory of the "ease us in to the idea" of them completely going subscription only. Based on what I said above it looks like they are preparing people.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Interesting. I'm guessing that there has to be a cap on the number of "lite" subscriptions that they can sell since they're presumably selling any cancelled and "day of sale" allotments as the "lite" subscriptions.
    There is a cap in the total number of subs available. It flat out says so in at the end of the description...

Purchase Limits

There will be a limited number of these subscriptions available. You can purchase as many new subscriptions of any kind as you like until they sell out.

Again, these “club light” subscriptions will be open from 4/15 at 9am PT through 4/30 at 11:59pm PT. If you’d like an email reminder and you’re not already signed up, click here to register. You can also join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.

–Matty
    During traditional sub sign up periods, there is no possibility of the sub "selling out". As long as you get your order in during the sub sign up window, you are all set.

In this case, the amount available is limited and could sell out before the sign up period ends.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Sounds like they just want to lock in a few more people now that fans understand DOS will be limited or not happen at all at times. Subs are always better than having DOS sales.

Sounds like good business move.

I can only presume there has been a change of circumstances behind the scenes that has made this possible. Whilst it is only natural for us all to speculate I don't see anything to gain in forseeing doom and gloom about this just yet. Maybe the manufacturing facility just offered Mattel great deals if they increased their quoter... or maybe somebody typed in an extra didgit somehwere and they have more stock than previously thought... or maybe they have a new faster more efficient manufactoring process so they don't need enough time in between knowing numbers and getting product.

Whatever the reason I am very glad for those who can sub now if they want to, and very glad to see Mattel doing something that seems positive for the line.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Well it's not hard to figure out the reason why this is being done...

They now have a limited amount of subs to sell or should I say *Re-Sell* seeing how alot of people felt they needed to sign up just to make sure they got there Ram-Man and King He-man. For those people who are only in it for core characters now would be the time they would have cancelled their sub seeing how less liked figures such as the Fighting Foe Men (High Priced) and Karatti (NA) are right around the corner...

The last thing Mattel wants is to be suck with alot of unwanted leftover stock lol

This is all of Matty's subs not just MOTUC - I know that the MOTUC line is the big seller on their site but it isn't the only one. I would be surprised if cancelled subs for one line means they suddenly have the capacity to fullfill stock for all their other lines such as the Watchmen one. I dunno, I just think it is more likely an adjustment in their relationship with the factory or the production that is why they have suddenly decided this... or they were always intending on doing this and just never told us until now?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I just personally PRAY that this wont mean some ppl might miss on on a figure they had sub'd to get back last year due, simply due to mattel not making more of the figures but at the same time selling more subs...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    This is all of Matty's subs not just MOTUC - I know that the MOTUC line is the big seller on their site but it isn't the only one. I would be surprised if cancelled subs for one line means they suddenly have the capacity to fullfill stock for all their other lines such as the Watchmen one. I dunno, I just think it is more likely an adjustment in their relationship with the factory or the production that is why they have suddenly decided this... or they were always intending on doing this and just never told us until now?
    Yeah I know it's not just MOTUC sub but I'm sure they lost some sub holders from the others also much less but still enough to warrant getting them back.
    Also getting more Filmation sub buyers couldn't hurt.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Aww, I hope this isn't the end of DOS.

I'd like to get another Mantenna and NA He-Man from DOS...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I just personally PRAY that this wont mean some ppl might miss on on a figure they had sub'd to get back last year due, simply due to mattel not making more of the figures but at the same time selling more subs...
    Yeah it hurt me to see what happend with Fisto last year.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to assume positive intent and look at this as a good thing Matty and TG are doing for the community, so bravo!

That said, I didn't sub this year, and I'm not going to bite the second time around either. I was going to pull the trigger on the 2nd chance Filmation sub, but then I remembered that I'm still going to need to do day-of for the main line figures, so I'd get jacked on double shipping. And I don't want to do the main line sub at this point because I don't get the sub exclusive figure, but I'd still get stuck with the $90 FFM which was one of the primary reasons I didn't sub this year in the first place. I figure even if I miss two of the figures I want on day-of, I could still come close to breaking even if I don't get stuck with FFM and just purchase the ones I miss on ebay after prices settle down.

(Although I have a sneaking suspicion that all of the 4/15 figures are going to sell out even quicker than usual...)

It sounds to me like they're just reacting to the backlash of Fang Man being sub-only and capitalizing on the market of buyers who might be ready to come off the fence as a result. Then, when Mantenna or someone comes around and is sub-only, people can't really complain because they had ample opportunity to sub again. Makes sense to me.

The reason for this seems pretty clear: a certain percentage of customers cancelled their sub after receiving Netossa/Ram-Man/Fang Man/King He-Man, and Mattel is left with an excess of stock. A few things point to this:

- Ram-Man was one of the most sought after characters, and since people know about the "trick" to cancelling your sub I'm sure a lot of people subbed with the intention of only getting him and/or the exclusive and then cancelling
    - This offer is coming out right before an "unpopular" month containing Karatti (NA) and the FFM (controversial and expensive). Clearly there is a reason these subs are for sale now rather than a month ago
    - Scott has drilled into us that the production for these toys takes an extraordinary amount of time. There is no way that Matty can put in an order increase and have it ready to ship within two weeks. These are the same people who told us six months in advance that they couldn't change the paint color on Netossa as she was "too far along in production"
    - There is a limited number for sale. This limited number will be the same amount as the subs that have been cancelled, possibly with some DOS stock thrown in if the demand is there. If these subs weren't to replace those that were cancelled, why put in a limit at all?

The other subs are thrown in there because, why not? There were probably cancellations there as well, and Filmation is probably far enough out that they can make some changes to the numbers.

I was initially really excited about this and was planning on subbing to at least Club Eternia. I don't really want Karatti, but that would be a small price to get the remaining figures I do want at the discounted sub rate and with no worry of missing them. However, when I realized the FFM were included I changed my mind. Between them and Karatti, I'd be paying $100 plus a ridiculous Canadian shipping rate and customs (probably closer to $150 when all is said and done). I'd much rather pay a bit more on a site like BBTS. Even if Clamp Champ, Octavia, Castaspella, and Mantenna are $40-$50 each, I'm still not paying as much as I would with the sub, I'm not stuck with figures I'm not interested in, and I'd probably get the figures faster.

All in all I'm happy that they are doing this for fans, and I've long thought that they should be offering mid-year subs so newcomers could jump in at the halfway point to collect. I hope that this gets some people the figures they want!
    Last edited by Buesefus; April 4, 2013 at 11:11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Aww, I hope this isn't the end of DOS.

I'd like to get another Mantenna and NA He-Man from DOS...
    I hope it isn't the end of DOS either. I think that would be a poor decision. I'm guessing it has more to do with people canceling their subs after getting King He-Man/Ram Man/Jitsu/Fang Man.

That would be kinda scary.

End of DOS is the beginning of the end of the line.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wait? How? They have told us they have to...

oh **** it, I don't even want to finish that.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I hope it isn't the end of DOS either. I think that would be a poor decision. I'm guessing it has more to do with people canceling their subs after getting King He-Man/Ram Man/Jitsu/Fang Man.
    I am not so sure,

1) I don't there was that many cancels. If it was to happen any year it would have been after SW
    2) why the other subs? DCUC hasn't gotten there exclusive yet? I don't think folk would cancel before that
    3 ) the biggest reason is that you really can't cancel the sub, you have to block matty accessing your card ( it can also be a really bad thing to do as it can mess your credit rating) that last transaction was the fang man king he-man, so if folk cancelled after then like the theory suggests matty wouldn't know yet till that charge for snake face.

I personally theories its more DOS related, but hey we're all just guessing ain't we?

Regardless of why they started the mini sub, it was obviously in the works. They basically tried to blow everyone's mind by having two sought out (ram/jitsu) and then two exclusive (fang/king) characters back to back months.
    It worked. Once they saw the reaction, they knew the mini sub plan would be a success.
    The fact that the FFM were pushed back so that a $75 price point was included in the new sub was obviously thought out.
    I'm just wondering if they have anything up their sleeve because mantenna, who most people are seeking, was pushed back to the last quarter. Maybe another kind of mini set??

I think there is both in place...sub cancels after the "exclusive figure" and they will hope to eat up a little more DOS figures...they do say there is a limited amount....so they aren't opening production....they just have some extra subs to sell. It is a smart idea...if there have been a significant amount of cancels...there are lots of people on the boards here that have cancelled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post

1) I don't there was that many cancels. If it was to happen any year it would have been after SW
    There were a lot then...and they learned from last year...lots of people cancel after the "exclusive" lets try to re-sell the cancels...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Everything is just speculation on our part but what we do know is that there is a limited amount up for sale. But it sure is funny how even this gesture of goodwill is met with anything less than praise. They could have just left it as is and not let anyone who missed the sign-up period last year sub up now. They could easily have shunted all those figures to DOS and been done with it.

This is a great chance for the new guys to get on board!!

If there are more figures later this year with no DOS stock the secondary market is really going to start going crazy. If Fang Man can go for $60.00+ I can only imagine what Mantenna will fetch.

Heroic Warrior
    2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!
    Ah ! So THAT was the thing behind the "no DOS figures" motto ! I wonder how many people will fall for it, despite all the issues with DR and Matty...

what they need to do, and should have done from the start, is make the exclusive figure come out at the end of the year to curb the cancelations. I was surprised they didn't do that to begin with
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!