Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Everything is just speculation on our part but what we do know is that there is a limited amount up for sale. But it sure is funny how even this gesture of goodwill is met with anything less than praise. They could have just left it as is and not let anyone who missed the sign-up period last year sub up now. They could easily have shunted all those figures to DOS and been done with it.

This is a great chance for the new guys to get on board!!

If there are more figures later this year with no DOS stock the secondary market is really going to start going crazy. If Fang Man can go for $60.00+ I can only imagine what Mantenna will fetch.
    I agree with you. I woulda killed for this last year!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Aww, I hope this isn't the end of DOS.

I'd like to get another Mantenna and NA He-Man from DOS...
    It was always nice having a guaranteed figure coming through the subscription, and then the option to purchase more of the figures you really wanted... I guess we'll have to up our subs if we want multiples of a certain figure if this is the case.

It's really too bad that those who decide to subscribe now will miss out on Ram-Man, Jitsu, King He-Man, and Fang Man. Those are some heavy-hitters right there..... Maybe there are some REALLY awesome reveals coming in July...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I would have signed in if it started in June, no way on earth would I want to be charged for Karatti and stupid Fighting Foe Men.
    "I've lost something. I don't know what it is, but I know I haven't always felt this... sedated" - Lester Burnham

I think that it's been re-opened b/c there was probs a big cancellation now that Ram Man has gone,how many people over the last 2-3 years were subbing just to get him,and how many are just waiting on Mantenna.This is a curious decision by Mattel b/c on the one hand it might bring in new customers/fans but on the other it may show how much the subs aren't selling which could be bad news for 2014 numbers depending if they are up or down.

I think we all have to take this decision very seriously b/c after three years of "the sub numbers have to be locked in" suddenly they are re opening the subs,it could only mean there has been drop offs,and they would rather try and sell the subs rather than have DoS.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    their next move will be moving the exclusive figure to december so that people wont cancel their subs so soon

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hang on! - since when can you just cancel your sub?

I thought once you had signed up there was no going back and you were locked in for the whole year!

They should definetly move the sub exclusive (Two Bad please!) to December for next year's subscription.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I dunno, but it didn't seem like there were that many people talking about cancelling their subs after getting King He-Man...There's been more discussion about cancelling Castle Grayskull pre-orders.

I'd be more concerned about canceled subs if only Club Eternia Lite subs were being offered but all of them are being offered again. Why would leftover MOTUC subs suddenly translate to an added excess of Watchmen, DC, or Filmation subs? Also, King He-Man just shipped out a few weeks ago; There's no way Matty would've reacted this quickly to a mass exodus of subs because they wouldn't even know about canceled credit cards until April's billing cycle...Next week. These Lite Subs were probably planned months ago.

I think it's more plausible that they're looking to diminish DOS and transition over to a sub-only system for the last years of MOTUC...And by extension, the rest of Mattycollector. At best, maybe things are looking up for Mattel this year and they're just working with more resources. I mean, considering we "just barely" made 2013 possible, we've seen quite a bit of bonus stuff coming from that extra 35%...Club Filmation, Early Samples of Traveling Exclusive Strobo, and now Lite subs. This is more than when sub numbers were doubled/tripled in previous "robust" years!

At the very least, this is still a nice opportunity for those who initially missed out on subs. Personally, I hope this means that the hinted early window for 2014 subs starts in May as well!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I don't think this is going to affect DOS too much. Atleast for 2013 though ! Especially when those FFM will be a super strong mystic wall for people who think about getting few extra subs !

Even the infamous "scalpors" will be scared of those mighty FFM !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    There's no way Matty would've reacted this quickly to a mass exodus of subs because they wouldn't even know about canceled credit cards until April's billing cycle...Next week. These Lite Subs were probably planned months ago.

I may be wrong, But Mattel does gets an idea about the "active" credit cards BEFORE sending "Your Subs Are Renewing" mail ! If the cards are inactive, they'll simply send "Your Subs Are Canceled Per Your Request" mail for confirmation !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    You can't "cancel" your subscription, but people CAN cancel or report their card stolen. Not to mention when people are issued new cards and choose not to update them on the site.

I'm in the last group, there. My card expires this month, and I have to think long and hard about whether to update it. My work just had 20 or so people laid off because of the Sequestration, and my contract is only paid through August. There is at least a small chance that I'm not going to be wanting another monthly expenditure.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Hang on! - since when can you just cancel your sub?

I thought once you had signed up there was no going back and you were locked in for the whole year!

They should definetly move the sub exclusive (Two Bad please!) to December for next year's subscription.
    People can get their subs 'canceled' by basicly reporting their credit card missing/stolen and having a replacement issued with a new number on it. This prevents Matty from being able to charge the card on file and the sub is effectively canceled.

I'm not saying this is ethical to do but it is what people are doing.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    People can get their subs 'canceled' by basicly reporting their credit card missing/stolen and having a replacement issued with a new number on it. This prevents Matty from being able to charge the card on file and the sub is effectively canceled.

I'm not saying this is ethical to do but it is what people are doing.
    OK thanks for that - it makes sense now.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

What intrigues me is the part where they say "3 beasts/variants/multi-packs/other (1 each at $25, $50, $75 = $150) plus shipping/taxes/fees." So the last quarter's two pack will not be available either? Many no doubt will be thinking, ah, if I buy more subs I can be guaranteed more Trooper packs instead of relying on day of. Well, if that were the case why didn't they include the last quarter two pack in the disclaimer stated above? My guess is, there will be plenty of Horde Troopers available for day of, if that is what we are indeed getting.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's awesome that Matty did this and hopefully those that are interested in guaranteeing their figures will jump at the chance to sub again. This is what myself and several others have been talking about since the beginning, is that subbing is fine, but you gotta have options. Do an all in sub, or just a 12 figure sub. We don't need mini subs(like Filmation) for every single faction. That's half the fun of the figures over the course of a year. Most factions get represented by 1 or 2 figures. So yeah, more bones like this and more options, Matty! Your sub base would actually increase.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    what they need to do, and should have done from the start, is make the exclusive figure come out at the end of the year to curb the cancelations. I was surprised they didn't do that to begin with
    Not everyone cancels their sub just because they got the sub exclusive figure. Some people have to cancel because the financials start to show bad things. This is my problem. I'm trying to hang on to my subs, but I just don't think I can actually do it anymore, especially with next month's huge price tag. And since it is coming to the end of the school year, I don't get paid when I don't work, so I'll have no income for June-August, as such, I'm living off my savings which is being split between rent and Anime Expo/LA. Finally, I have to get a new debit card as I just had to file for Identity Theft and I am not going to bother updating it with DR after it took them 4 months to finally do so. I no longer have the energy to deal with their stupidity on it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    What intrigues me is the part where they say "3 beasts/variants/multi-packs/other (1 each at $25, $50, $75 = $150) plus shipping/taxes/fees." So the last quarter's two pack will not be available either? Many no doubt will be thinking, ah, if I buy more subs I can be guaranteed more Trooper packs instead of relying on day of. Well, if that were the case why didn't they include the last quarter two pack in the disclaimer stated above? My guess is, there will be plenty of Horde Troopers available for day of, if that is what we are indeed getting.
    The last quarter two pack IS in the lite sub. The only quarterly that is not is Ram Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I`ll bet they are subbing out the DOS stock so we can`t buy on day of, to scare us into next years sub
    If so, it wouldn't be the worst decision. Motivation for subbing for 2014 should be a priority for Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    What are you talking about? The $50 slot is right there in your quote.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    If so, it wouldn't be the worst decision. Motivation for subbing for 2014 should be a priority for Mattel.
    They've used that tactic/attitude for the last couple years; the result has been a significant decrease in sub sales. The caveman's club chases as many folks away as it attracts, if not more.

Also, i'm sure this isn't just something they came up with off the top of their heads at the last minute, nor can I convince myself that it is a coincidence that they do this right after the first figure of the year that didn't have day of sales. Synchronicity doesn't work that well. Given DR's complete ineptitude, something like this would have to have been planned well in advance simply to be able to do it (we're talking about a site that took a year to put up a page where you can change your information like you've been able to do on other sites for a decade or more). At least we now know why Fang Man was deliberately shorted. It may be they expected a significant number of folks to drop the sub after Rammy, and had this contingency plan in place.

Aside from the blatant manipulation here, it's not a bad thing all around. Folks do have a second chance now at all the subs (and it makes sense to open all of them up again if you're doing it for one. Besides. for all we know, DR might not have been able to do it any other way), and any additional sales can only help at this point. And if by some unprecedented miracle DR doesn't have any more major foul -ups this year (we avoided the usual mass sub cancellation with the second card charge this year, after all), it could help convince folks to sub next year. Of course, if DR remains true to form with it's usual blunders, the opposite could happen, but we all live in hope...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

On one hand Im glad they reopened it.

but on the other, I feel like matty is being dirty. Scare us into more subs, when obivously they have the stock.
    Stratos75 Feedback Thread

I've had one bad deal on this board, contact me for details.

I'd rather them use the scare tactics of "get a sub or miss out on some figures" over "get a sub or the line dies."

The latter is far more dirty.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

This is really great news. I only found out this line existed back in December. Having a chance to sub part way through is very welcome. Thank you matty!

I seriously doubt this is over an cancellations. It think it's the opposite, I think the line is getting more life pumped into it. They're opening all subs, DC and MOTU, so to think this is over Ram Man or King Grayskull is biased speculation. Anyone looking for a reason to bash Mattel is going to find it, but the easiest answer is usually the right one... In this case, they have an opportunity to both increase sales numbers and lessen DOS stock, which will create buzz about figures not being available outside of the sub or viewed as 'fast sell outs'.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I seriously doubt this is over an cancellations. It think it's the opposite, I think the line is getting more life pumped into it. They're opening all subs, DC and MOTU, so to think this is over Ram Man or King Grayskull is biased speculation. Anyone looking for a reason to bash Mattel is going to find it, but the easiest answer is usually the right one... In this case, they have an opportunity to both increase sales numbers and lessen DOS stock, which will create buzz about figures not being available outside of the sub or viewed as 'fast sell outs'.
    I agree with everything you said.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    But something has to be different right now; they could have done this in previous years, and yet didn't. And make no mistake, MOTUC is at the center of Mattycollector. The DC subs barely made the first time through, and, though I have no idea about Watchmen sales, that's a grand total of six figures for the year. He-Man is still the main thing keeping Matty afloat, so what happens to MOTUC has got to be the main concern here.

Point is, they've never done this before, so something has happened. It goes contrary to their usual heavy handed "sub NOW or DIE!" mantra in July from previous years, and it weakens the whole caveman club strategy they've chosen in the long run ("If I don't sub in July, they may open it up again later"). It had to be something they had at least some advance knowledge of for the reasons I stated before (DR has proven they cannot do anything without a lot of prep time). What the preciptating factor(s) is/are, I don't know. But there is a reason that has not existed in past years, else this wouldn't be the first time they've tried this.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Well, I for one am glad they are reopening the sub sales. I think it shows that there has been some gained interest in the line from the CG reveal. I'm going to take advantage and pick up another sub. It will give me all the 2-packs I usually get at the sub price and I already have someone to buy the extras, even the FFM.

And there may be some cancellations, but with how long it takes DR to do things, I'm guessing this has been planned for about 3 months. And a trial run to see if opening sub-lites is a good idea and good use of resources. If they get enough extra buy-ins, they may do this a few times during the year for new customers (Something they should have done a long time ago).