Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 182

Thread: 2013 Eternia & Filmation "Lite" Subs Available Again from 4/15 - 4/30!

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    But something has to be different right now; they could have done this in previous years, and yet didn't. And make no mistake, MOTUC is at the center of Mattycollector. The DC subs barely made the first time through, and, though I have no idea about Watchmen sales, that's a grand total of six figures for the year. He-Man is still the main thing keeping Matty afloat, so what happens to MOTUC has got to be the main concern here.

    Point is, they've never done this before, so something has happened. It goes contrary to their usual heavy handed "sub NOW or DIE!" mantra in July from previous years, and it weakens the whole caveman club strategy they've chosen in the long run ("If I don't sub in July, they may open it up again later"). It had to be something they had at least some advance knowledge of for the reasons I stated before (DR has proven they cannot do anything without a lot of prep time). What the preciptating factor(s) is/are, I don't know. But there is a reason that has not existed in past years, else this wouldn't be the first time they've tried this.
    I honestly think it's to decrease DOS stock. They want people in the sub mentality for 2014, and they've been pushing it with things like Early Access and not making figures available for DOS. It's a clear direction they're going in. I'm even willing to bet they'll make sure to have very low quantities available for DOS so they sell out super fast, that'll create buzz. It's worked with both Fangman and Strobo. People were ticked, but they were talking, and they all wanted the product.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

  2. #102
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I dunno, but it didn't seem like there were that many people talking about cancelling their subs after getting King He-Man...There's been more discussion about cancelling Castle Grayskull pre-orders.

    I'd be more concerned about canceled subs if only Club Eternia Lite subs were being offered but all of them are being offered again. Why would leftover MOTUC subs suddenly translate to an added excess of Watchmen, DC, or Filmation subs? Also, King He-Man just shipped out a few weeks ago; There's no way Matty would've reacted this quickly to a mass exodus of subs because they wouldn't even know about canceled credit cards until April's billing cycle...Next week. These Lite Subs were probably planned months ago.

    I think it's more plausible that they're looking to diminish DOS and transition over to a sub-only system for the last years of MOTUC...And by extension, the rest of Mattycollector. At best, maybe things are looking up for Mattel this year and they're just working with more resources. I mean, considering we "just barely" made 2013 possible, we've seen quite a bit of bonus stuff coming from that extra 35%...Club Filmation, Early Samples of Traveling Exclusive Strobo, and now Lite subs. This is more than when sub numbers were doubled/tripled in previous "robust" years!

    At the very least, this is still a nice opportunity for those who initially missed out on subs. Personally, I hope this means that the hinted early window for 2014 subs starts in May as well!
    They are definitely looking to diminish day-of sales, but the fact is that if you read any threads related to international customers, people have been talking about, and cancelling, their subs since the beginning of the year, b/c of the price gouging on shipping. This would apply to all subs, not just MOTUC. And they likely know to expect a certain amount of cancellations after this month as it likely happens every year anyway. With the subs the lowest they have ever been, it only makes sense to offer them again.

    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It goes contrary to their usual heavy handed "sub NOW or DIE!" mantra in July from previous years, and it weakens the whole caveman club strategy they've chosen in the long run ("If I don't sub in July, they may open it up again later").
    Yeah I thought about that too. I guess they could always say "There will be no sub lite next year, and no extensions! Sub now or the line dies."

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    328
    brilliant! this is just want I wanted, guaranteed Clamp Champ, Shokoti, Mantenna, NA He-Man (i think?) and if speculation's right, Sea Hawk too.

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior Fisto's Fury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    74
    This is great for me. I'm excited since I just found this line last Fall and it was too late for me to sub. I just hope that since the number of subs is limited, they have more than like 6 or something to sell. If these sell out in the first minute and I miss out, I'm going to throw my iPad on the ground, stomp my foot and start crying like I did when I was 4 and couldn't find He-Man at Kmart.

  5. #105
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,259
    This is a smart move by Mattel. I'm sure between DR screwing up some subscriptions and people cancelling their credit cards after King He-man and Fang Man shipped, there is more room for subscribers based on the current production numbers. There will likely be another Club Eternia figure that will have no day of stock later in the year. Mattel will announce this right around the time the 2014 subscriptions go on sale to remind people that they don't want to miss out.

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,018
    I think it is very cool of Mattel to open up the subs again! I do think we are going to see the majority of DoS completely disappear after SDCC this year.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    again... I still think this will cause problems. As they told us VERY early one that the reason the subs are on sale so early was to have numbers to know how many to have produced of each figures run.
    ... so now you can preorder... but 1 month away from your first figure... so who wants to volunteer to miss out on there sub figures due to these new subscribers?

  8. #108
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,794
    I think they are selling off canceled subs. It says the number of subs available for this sale is limited. Why would that be.

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I think they are selling off canceled subs. It says the number of subs available for this sale is limited. Why would that be.
    ...I hope your right an it is jsut cancelled subs up for grabs!

  10. #110
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    328
    Having read through all this thread, it's quite depressing. I don't intend to post very often on here and I'm new so I can understand why my opinion may carry less weight but it really is depressing - this is a nice thing for people (yes, like me) who missed the window last year. The way of doing subscriptions for the line is explainable and even understandable but it is still a very odd way to go about things, people aren't used it and there frankly must be a reason other subscriptions don't use this method. This 'lite' sub brings things more in line with conventional subscriptions and gives other people a chance to sub, yay, please, yay?

    Now obviously Mattel aren't doing this to be 'nice' - there has to be a reason beyond that and that reason is almost certainly based on making money, not because of pessimism but because well, that's what they do - they make things and sell them and ramifications are possible and these things are no more or less worthy of focus than the positive side of things but I actually feel exhausted by all the negative in this thread and felt the need to share that with you - alright depressing a Depressive isn't exactly a ground breaking achievement but all the same.

    It's just we don't know anything - I wish we could just save half or so of the the negativity until after its' proven what deviousness is going on...

    Sorry, I'm done now.

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,968
    I think it's cool. I have all the subs I can take, so I don't benefit from this new window, but I'm glad that clearly some people who wanted to sub but missed the previous window can now sign up. I'm also happy they kept the discount and didn't just offer DOS prices.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    Having read through all this thread, it's quite depressing. I don't intend to post very often on here and I'm new so I can understand why my opinion may carry less weight but it really is depressing - this is a nice thing for people (yes, like me) who missed the window last year. The way of doing subscriptions for the line is explainable and even understandable but it is still a very odd way to go about things, people aren't used it and there frankly must be a reason other subscriptions don't use this method. This 'lite' sub brings things more in line with conventional subscriptions and gives other people a chance to sub, yay, please, yay?

    Now obviously Mattel aren't doing this to be 'nice' - there has to be a reason beyond that and that reason is almost certainly based on making money, not because of pessimism but because well, that's what they do - they make things and sell them and ramifications are possible and these things are no more or less worthy of focus than the positive side of things but I actually feel exhausted by all the negative in this thread and felt the need to share that with you - alright depressing a Depressive isn't exactly a ground breaking achievement but all the same.

    It's just we don't know anything - I wish we could just save half or so of the the negativity until after its' proven what deviousness is going on...

    Sorry, I'm done now.
    Hey man, thanks for sharing honestly. There are times i can feel the same way too,

    i think its more about the tone (which can be hard to tell on a board) then folks points of view. I feel i might be one of the main ones your addressing here, first i am sorry if it gave you a negative feeling, not my intent, I am actually quite happy for you to be able to sub despite coming late to the line. I have noticed some folks using quotes like "will people fall for this" please don't put me in with these groups, i think this sub offering is great in a lot of ways

    that said i do think DOS customers should be doing some thinking about this announcement, not to be negative and won't restate my points here but to me the points all look towards this coming from DOS stock, and all this is theory as i stated in my original post and as you point out, no one really knows, but it is a community forum, we are here to discuss our views on things, but personally i do think there is a way to go about presenting that view however , be fair and honest and respect others even if they have different views.

    Thanks for sharing your feelings and sorry if i played a part in you have a negative experience in anyway here, not my intent, Very happy you got your sub and hope you enjoy it.

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior KUZEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    It's just we don't know anything - I wish we could just save half or so of the the negativity until after its' proven what deviousness is going on...

    Sorry, I'm done now.
    That means that people would have to think before they type...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

    My Feedback thread!!

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior No-Ah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,938
    The simplest answer is that this is a mix of cancellations and DOS stock. As a result, expect MANY 2013 figures to not be available on the day, and those who are to sell out in just a few minutes.

    Really, it's sub or buy from a subber for the second half of 2013!

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    What are you talking about? The $50 slot is right there in your quote.
    Sorry. I did figure out my obvious oversight there after I had written it, but unfortunately couldn't get to a computer terminal till after work to do anything about it Anyway, I'm hoping that Matty will do the right thing and produce more Horde Troopers for early access so that they don't sell out too quickly. I'll be damned if I'm buying another sub though just to get more of those bad boys.

  16. #116
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,529
    This is great news indeed. Should boost sales considerably.

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Hey man, thanks for sharing honestly. There are times i can feel the same way too,

    i think its more about the tone (which can be hard to tell on a board) then folks points of view. I feel i might be one of the main ones your addressing here, first i am sorry if it gave you a negative feeling, not my intent, I am actually quite happy for you to be able to sub despite coming late to the line. I have noticed some folks using quotes like "will people fall for this" please don't put me in with these groups, i think this sub offering is great in a lot of ways

    that said i do think DOS customers should be doing some thinking about this announcement, not to be negative and won't restate my points here but to me the points all look towards this coming from DOS stock, and all this is theory as i stated in my original post and as you point out, no one really knows, but it is a community forum, we are here to discuss our views on things, but personally i do think there is a way to go about presenting that view however , be fair and honest and respect others even if they have different views.

    Thanks for sharing your feelings and sorry if i played a part in you have a negative experience in anyway here, not my intent, Very happy you got your sub and hope you enjoy it.
    There's no need to apologise mate (though thanks for doing so anyway ) I think it may have been volume as much as tone, or rather volume + percentage overall. I like this forum, it's informative and people are pleasant, it's just some of the threads get really negative really quickly and that can get overwhelming and disheartening, there's some good reasons behind the negativity of course. And I don't think overall presenting ideas is too bad - especially in comparison, I'm a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan, know what i mean?

    On the DOS issue I agree (pretty much), there are only so many of each figure to go around so if there are now a second group of subscriptions to fill they'll be less figures for other means of sale plus Fang Man is there poking his tongue out at us.

    My pet theory, btw, is that if they do cut DOS it will be for figures with more of a nice interest like Octavia, Karatti and the bulk of the Filmation characters - especially the 1 episode guys like Batos or Fang Man. That and DOS needs a better abbreviation, DOS is an operating system, even reading my own writing I think that's what it means.

  18. #118
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I actually feel exhausted by all the negative in this thread and felt the need to share that with you - alright depressing a Depressive isn't exactly a ground breaking achievement but all the same.
    No offense, but I really don't see much, if any, negativity in this thread. It's a fairly reasoned discussion about this new development, especially by the org's standards. If this thread gets you down, then you might want to avoid most other threads.

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    105
    If this reopening for the 2013 sub gets more people on board and creates longevity for this line then I'm all for it. Not sure about the idea of there being no DOS for next year going forwards. If and when we get around to Skeletor's Robot Knights its going to be rather difficult for anyone to get multiple packs of army builders and its going to be especially difficult for custom creators should they wish to get extra figures. Still, I think that reopening these subs is the way to go. Kudos to everyone now getting a 2nd chance. Too bad it didn't happen a bit sooner.

  20. #120
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I think they are selling off canceled subs. It says the number of subs available for this sale is limited. Why would that be.
    There may be a few figures from canceled subs but they limited these new subs because they already have production numbers locked in now since we are well into the sub and therefor only a finite amount of figures have been produced.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  21. #121
    The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Posts
    2,282
    I'm still not sure what to think about all of this. If the speculation is true and collectors are dropping their subs, now that they have King He-Man, Mattel should learn to hold that exclusive figure until the 4th quarter of the year for upcoming years........

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior Ravenskarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Grantham, Lincolnshire UK
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I'm still not sure what to think about all of this. If the speculation is true and collectors are dropping their subs, now that they have King He-Man, Mattel should learn to hold that exclusive figure until the 4th quarter of the year for upcoming years........
    Logical approach. Though I'm confused as to why said collectors are dropping out early. Why do so after getting King Grayskull? Surely Mantenna is a more fan demanded character. I mean, it doesn't make much sense for people to cancel their subs before getting some of the heavy hitters which will be coming out later in the year. Unless I'm missing the point. Just seems strange that's all.

  23. #123
    Heroic Warrior JakeofEternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    648
    I'm both surprised and pleased with this. I thought it over and over and ultimately missed out on a Filmation sub, so now hopefully I'll be able to hop on and not miss out on some cool figs and ones I'm really looking forward to.

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior eddie3429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kensington, Melbourne
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Logical approach. Though I'm confused as to why said collectors are dropping out early. Why do so after getting King Grayskull? Surely Mantenna is a more fan demanded character. I mean, it doesn't make much sense for people to cancel their subs before getting some of the heavy hitters which will be coming out later in the year. Unless I'm missing the point. Just seems strange that's all.
    Yeah i agree, i am sure some people did drop subs (once again i don't recommened this as it could be a silly to do for your over all credit rating )

    but i highly doubt it would be enough to re open subs and since king he-man was the last figure charged, DR and mattel wouldn't know of all those folks dropping off yet til they charge for snake face.

    i know there is a theory of matty knowing if cards are in active, but i highly doubt they would till a transaction went through, there would be legal issues involved with that info, plus most people don't report there card stolen to get out of subs, they call the credit card and block matty accessing there account, so the card is still active... and once again even if i a wrong here and the do know its still to quickly for mattel to get this data and turn around to offer subs .

  25. #125
    Widget Vikorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13
    If I can round up the funds, I'm game, and definitely appreciative for the opportunity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •