Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2013

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2013

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread for April 2013!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread February 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread March 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread May 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread May 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread August 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread September 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A Thread 2012 (SPOILERS)
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread November 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread December 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2013
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW STUFF!!!

Scychor

Any news on Cy-Chop's look before his "accident"?

No, no plans right now for a figure based on Cy-Chop before his transformation.
    Castle Grayskull question

Hello, any chance we could see a castle grayskull pre sale again? At least to fill those cancelled?

No, the presale is over.
    Trap Jaw's enhanced Mechanical Arm

With new weapons (Stratos Staff, Keldor sword etc) and armor (Rattlor) associated with characters being released via Weapons Packs, has any consideration been given to releasing 200X style enhanced mechanical arm of Trap Jaw? It's highly desired by a lot of fans and would be Awesome!

No, at this time we are not doing 200X stylized weapons. We will do weapons from 200X series, but in Classics style.
    ******SNAKE FACE PACKED HORRIBLY IN WHITE MAILERS! CHEAPER CHINESE FACTORY?????****

I spent $1000 this month on getting multiples of snake face and mosquitor JUST so I can get 2 or 3 really great packages.

The past few characters like Mosquitor Ram Man Jitsu Netossa, etc etc were packed very well in their White Mailer Boxes.

I bought a ton of Snake Faces and most of the packages placed in the White Mailers were in poor condition. EVERY single one had creases, bubble crushes,slight tears, etc.

Did you guys change to a cheaper factory in China or is this a matter of some really lazy careless workers in China????? Like I said, I usually spend over or around $1000 on figures and I get multiples just so I get figures in good condition.

What's the point of having them packed in White Mailers if the people in China can't handle the product well??????

Every figure is packed by hand. If you recieved a figure in poor condition you can of course return it for a replacement. Also, if you can post images it will help us. Visuals are the only way we can correct any errors or make improvements. Posts alone are not as helpful!
    10 days ago...

.. Scott told us THIS:

Well good news! We just got in early samples of all of our con items and they were sent to photo today for the upcoming reveal! So should be soon. And man, the MOTUC item is AMAZING! Prob my favorite SDCC MOTUC item yet.

Soooo... any news?

We've got everything in the works and the SDCC items will be revealed starting in very late April.
    The snakes who lived...

According to your latest answer regarding the Snakemen, you stated that not all of them are dead, just the ones that were right next to Orko. In the comic we actually saw how Hsss and Sssqueeze were victims of the spell. What about the other generals?
    Rattlor was with the Horde at that time. Did he manage to evade the spell, as he wasn't with the Snakemen?

That is certainly possible. Time will tell who escaped the spell!
    Sky Sled...

Would it be cheaper to produce just the Sky Sled instead of the entire Battle Ram? If so is this something you all have considered? I would like to think that we might get one before the line ends...

Yes, it would be way less expensive to do the sled alone. But based on sales of the Windraider, more vehicles will be a bit hard to do, small or large. We can only make toys when their is an audience/consumer base buying them.
    Clarification on Snakemen´s "genocide" - Toy Guru please help

So there is this HUUUGE argument in a German fanforum about wether or not He-Man and the defenders of Eternia committed genocide amongst the Snakemen, and I hope you can settle this argument once and for all.

The one camp claims that the killing of the Snakemen, which they see as a race of intelligent and (to a degree) sophisticated species, with a sense of arts and, most importantly, with civilians, is genocide and very untypical for He-Man, to say the least.
    The other camp claims that the Snakemen, according to the bios, are no "race" to begin with, but an artificially created hybrid of three different cold-blooded species, bred for one sole purpose only: To fight and conquer.

Some of the questions and points raised are:

If all Snakemen are in hybernation and captured in the void, how could Kobra Khan descend from them? (Can you explain the "evolution" that led to the birth of Kobra Khan?)
    Who provides the fighting Snakemen army with weapons and armor if not civilian Snakemen?
    Did the spell of separation kill all Snakemen in the entire universe or did it just affect the Snakemen on Eternia?
    If all Snakemen are the same obedient and loyal to King Hssss, can some of them be concidered civilians at all? Or is every Snakemen a soldier (the bios already suggest that, but can you confirm this?)
    Are Snakemen BORN or CREATED?
    Did the Unnamed One magically create them or did he use biotechnology or traditional breeding or what?
    Did He-Man know about the actual effect of the Spell of Separation before the Defenders decided to cast it upon the Snakemen? Neither in the second minicomic, when he overhears the conversation between Hordak and Hssss, nor in the third minicomic in the "mission briefing", it is mentioned what the Spell of Separation will actually do to the Snakemen (other than "stopping them once and for all").
    And last but not least: Do YOU consider this act a genocide on the Snakemen?

Thank you so much for your time and effort that you put into creating the MOTUC canon. Good journey!

Lets see if I can clarify.

First off, yes the SM were created by the Unnamed One as a weapon for his revenge. But specifically:

Q: If all Snakemen are in hybernation and captured in the void, how could Kobra Khan descend from them? (Can you explain the "evolution" that led to the birth of Kobra Khan?)

A: Although artifically created through magic, the Snake Men can still breed and have offspring like any other animal.

Q: Who provides the fighting Snakemen army with weapons and armor if not civilian Snakemen?

A: Fang-Or is the Weaponer of the SnakeMen. He runs their forge and designs their weapons.

Q: Did the spell of separation kill all Snakemen in the entire universe or did it just affect the Snakemen on Eternia?

A: Just those who were in front of Orko and in spell casting range during the Second Ultimate Battleground.

Q: If all Snakemen are the same obedient and loyal to King Hssss, can some of them be concidered civilians at all? Or is every Snakemen a soldier (the bios already suggest that, but can you confirm this?)

A: All of the Snakemen serve the Unnamed One. A percentage of them was assigned to King Hssss as his personal army. But their are other "generals" out there serving the Unnamed One who also have Snake Men armies etc.. Where they are is a story yet to be told!

Q:Are Snakemen BORN or CREATED?

A: They were magically created by the Unnamed One by fusing and mixing the DNA of three reptillian races (which is why not all Snake Men look the same and have the same powers).

Q: Did the Unnamed One magically create them or did he use biotechnology or traditional breeding or what?

A: A little of each.

Q: Did He-Man know about the actual effect of the Spell of Separation before the Defenders decided to cast it upon the Snakemen? Neither in the second minicomic, when he overhears the conversation between Hordak and Hssss, nor in the third minicomic in the "mission briefing", it is mentioned what the Spell of Separation will actually do to the Snakemen (other than "stopping them once and for all").

A: He knew it would put an end to them and it was their weakness. The specifics of how the Spell of Seperation effected them was a bit of a surprise. But the results were known.

Q: And last but not least: Do YOU consider this act a genocide on the Snakemen?

A: It all depends on your point of view. You'll find many of the truths we cling to in this Universe greatly depend on your own point of view. Genicicde or defence/protection of your homeland/planet. Two things to think about huh?
    Another Filmation sub for 2014?

Is another Filmaton sub possible for 2014?

We'll have the full scoop on the 2014 sub at SDCC. While there may not be an additional "Filmation" sub, Filmation characters will show up in the main line (like Fang Man or Octavia in 2013).
    A couple of questions re: May Sale

I just purchased a Club Eternia sub-lite so May is the first month for me. I see that there is a $4 discount on shipping and it looks like it will be applied automatically to the subscription items. If I purchase some items from EA, will there be a discount on shipping for those items as well? Also can you confirm that it is the "vintage" Evil-Lyn and not Battle Ground that is up for sale? Thanks!

For May, all sub holders will recieve 4.00 off their shipment. In addition, and EA or day of purchases will also get 4.00 off as long as they contain at least one new May item (in addition to any "evergreen" items like He-Man.

Classic Evil Lyn is the first release with vintage toy colors. Battleground Evil Lyn is a later release with 200X/Filmation color tones.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OLD STUFF!!!

Matty survey

For me the trimestral and lower shipping option wont do cause I'll pay more in customs but anyway, thank you for the effort!

Its good to know you guys are working in our best interest!

Of course. Finding a solution that works for every single customer may not work, but we are doing all we can to find some solutions. Shipping is just one of those factors like labor and raw materials we have zero control over. But we are trying to think outsider the box here!~

Catra's Wrath: I'm sure Toy Guru won't mind me just adding in MOTUPortugal, that of course each customers shipping requirements will vary, but as an international customer what you would gain from this is a reduction in customs charges.

Most customs and import charges carry a Handling fee which is around $20 - $25 dollars (or about €15 euros as you're in Portugal).

Then they add on a percentage (say 17% as in some European countries) of tax of the value of the item, making the customs charge around $25 - €30. So 90% of the charge you're paying is actually a standard handling fee.

By recieving 3 items separately, it incurs three of those handling fees and then the percentage of tax.

By receiving them all in One parcel quarterly you're only paying that handling fee once plus the percentage of tax on the value of the items.

So you're actually saving around $50 - $60 in handling fee costs.

I hope that makes sense.
    delaying figures

Hey there... actually, there are a lot of people complaining about the Fighting Foe Men. Most of them do not complain about them existing or the way they are executed, but about the 100 Dollar pricetag coming in May.

Well... there is no September figure, but two figures in October instead, right?

Why not move Karatti to September?

That way you'd have a September figure, the price for May would be 25 % lower for subscribers and it would give both items a month to shine.

When we sold in the sub it was made very clear there would be 12 figures at 25.00 and 4 quarterly items at 25, 30, 50 and 75. So customers were told very early on what the total cost will be.

I get the suggestion, but at this point Karatii is set for next month.
    Hey Toyguru, throw us a bone!!

I'm sure you've been really busy preparing for SDCC and all that. And I know you're also working on the SDCC Exclusives reveals, but while we wait... any news or tidbits for us impatient fans?

Well good news! We just got in early samples of all of our con items and they were sent to photo today for the upcoming reveal! So should be soon. And man, the MOTUC item is AMAZING! Prob my favorite SDCC MOTUC item yet.
    We born, and we die ... but when?

My question: is possible to do a chronology of ALL the Motuc characters? I want to say, to know when was born and die Spikor, during which years... Or did Man-at-arms know Rio-Blast? Or who was to Jitsu's service in Skeletor's absence? Did Scare-glow die?
    So I mean a COMPLETE chronology. Thanks!!

I hope one day!
    Octavia and mantenna

Will these figures be available day of sale?

That remains to be seen. Likely additional figures this year will not have day of quota. We don't have details to post yet. Stay tuned.
    Roboto, Whiplash, & King Randor

Can you comment as to whether or not Roboto, Whiplash, and the original King Randor still have remaining CS stock or if they are gone for good please. I've been buying my nephew a collection (some of these toys do actually get played with!) and he desperately wants these figures. Should I go secondary market or is there a chance they will pop up in an early access sale? Thanks!

Pretty much every pre 2012 fig we still had stock on was put up on Cyber Monday last year.
    Hi! Snake-Face questions.

"Snake Face often acted as the Viper King’s second in command during the Great Wars with Grayskull..." Was King? Was Commander? He had other appearance during that one time?

Are you asking what was Snake Face's title serving under Hssss? Chief Vizier.
    More Director's Commentary Please?

Please...

Totally here you! I am way behind. I'm basically putting all my efforts into tightening QC, Customer Servicr and exploring any possible ways of reducing shipping. These tasks have kinda put the blog on hold but I promise to get back to it as soon as I can!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 22, 2013 at 05:44pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    Waiting for the SDCC reveal to actually learn something new and interesting...

If he doesn't get asked interesting questions we won't get interesting answers. I don't think Mattel have really changed how they answer things, it's just that most of the things we want to know we already know other than things they are never going to answer.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

If TG ever gets to do that chronology, I hope he forgets to put in when characters die. Too much death and killing of characters in Classics! No more Deaths!!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    If TG ever gets to do that chronology, I hope he forgets to put in when characters die. Too much death and killing of characters in Classics! No more Deaths!!!
    I would actually like a longer "bio" for all characters...and even have a "born-death" date...
    It would be like a history book of Masters of the Universe. Let's face it, whether they were killed or died of natural causes, characters would die over the course of the Motu History. These longer "Bios" could be a celebration of their lives, something that the Eternian Storytellers could teach the younger generations about.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Much as I've enjoyed his blogs about the line, I would much rather see TG using his time and energy to work on the problems he mentioned. If there is to be a 2014, 2013 must go well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I disagree,there has to be one more death....the only death that will make everything ok and bring peace to the universe,so......

Die Spector die.

Personally, I am not too concerned about the deaths in the MOTUC cannon and I really enjoy the bios, I like that we have an attempt to tie the continuity together and I think some of the work done by the Matty team gets too much of a hard time from some fans - a lot of the details in the bio are great additions to the overall story they are trying to weave - but at the end of the day these bios are just an attempt to weave all these different cannons into one - they were never going to manage it perfectly which is why we see mistakes and continuity errors on occasion.

When it comes to the deaths I think they are an inevitable consequence of trying to shape a story from a start point to and end point. As soon as they decided to have this huge story stretching from King Greyskull to New Adventures there was always going to be death. I see a lot of people saying there shouldn't be any death in MOTU at all and that is fine, you don't have to embrace this new cannon - but let's be clear, He-man used to actually use that sword back in the mini-comics... Skeletor killed Saurod in the movie... in MYP we had deaths... just as long as those deaths are for a purpose not just pointlessly then I am more than happy to let the carnage continue.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Octavia and mantenna

That remains to be seen. Likely additional figures this year will not have day of quota. We don't have details to post yet. Stay tuned.
    This is a purchase question and NOT a major reveal! Why is this what's up for day of, a major mystery! Obviously the sub lite will also dictate DOS stock...
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    This is a purchase question and NOT a major reveal! Why is this what's up for day of, a major mystery! Obviously the sub lite will also dictate DOS stock...
    I think you just answered your own question. Until they see how many sub lites they sell, there's no way of knowing what's left for DOS. Sounds to me like storing product for even short periods of time is making Mattel itchy. A far cry from keeping a figure in stock until the next one goes up for sale, the way it was at the beginning of the line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think you just answered your own question. Until they see how many sub lites they sell, there's no way of knowing what's left for DOS. Sounds to me like storing product for even short periods of time is making Mattel itchy. A far cry from keeping a figure in stock until the next one goes up for sale, the way it was at the beginning of the line.
    Fang Man got no DOS stock and that was BEFORE the sub lite goes on sale. All figures up to Mantenna must have production quotas locked in, so they will know for certain which figures have as much production as Fang Man... however if the sub lite quota is coming from DOS, then doesn't that mean the rest of the year HAD a DOS quota? Which then asks why only Fang Man will not have had a DOS allotment?
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Which then asks why only Fang Man will not have had a DOS allotment?
    Or IF he had no DOS allotment...... We may yet see him again....

Does anyone else think they had planned to do this?
    I love the ide of the lite subs for fans who missed out and want in. Especially when the prices have gotten out of hand.
    Cherry picking for me at one time made much more sense. However, thats when you could get a Teela for $35.00.
    At this point just picking out the figures I want and secondary maket prices compaired...it makes more sense just to ge get it all.
    All that being said...first filmation figure with no DOS then a filmation pops up. More and more talk of no DOS and then lite subs show up...
    Magic I tell ya...magic
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Does anyone else think they had planned to do this?
    I love the ide of the lite subs for fans who missed out and want in. Especially when the prices have gotten out of hand.
    Cherry picking for me at one time made much more sense. However, thats when you could get a Teela for $35.00.
    At this point just picking out the figures I want and secondary maket prices compaired...it makes more sense just to ge get it all.
    All that being said...first filmation figure with no DOS then a filmation pops up. More and more talk of no DOS and then lite subs show up...
    Magic I tell ya...magic
    Yeah, I think one can look back at the last 3 months and see that there was a plan all along. HOPEFULLY they managed the production numbers appropriately with this so that there will be sufficient numbers of the figures from April on so that there could even be some DOS (But I wouldn't expect many!)

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Or IF he had no DOS allotment...... We may yet see him again....
    I'm pretty sure we will. We know there is QC stock from people that said they contacted about getting replacements....and we know they'll sell it eventually. Be great Early Access figure for lite subbers!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Octavia and mantenna

Unfortunately not. In order to preserve the nature of how necessary a subscription is, and because we here at Mattel do not like to make money, all top tier figures from this point on will require a subscription in order to obtain them. As such, if you want Mantenna, the yet-to-be revealed Two-Bad and Horde Troopers, you must have a subscription. And remember, if you go to ebay for them, you are not giving us any money, so you are not supporting the line.

Ain't I a stinkor?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You're right, I think, but there are 2 issues at hand. The first is like you said, will they sell enough sub lites to totally wipe out what DOS they had available. The second is did they make enough to provide for DOS to begin with. They said some figures won't have DOS at all, and we saw that with Fang Man. It's possible they didn't plan on having these figures available at all, and then they could announce that at SDCC to pressure people to sub. "See, you guys missed out on Mantenna - make sure that doesn't happen next year."

TG could have answered the 2nd question right now, by saying something like, "We made more figures than we needed to fulfill the sub, but depending on how well the sub-lite sells, that excess might not be excess any longer." We could infer that the initial plan was to have DOS for them, but TG is so loose with his words that if I were trying to decide what to do, I would assume that subbing was the only way to get Mantenna outside of the secondary market.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if Mattel pulled all DOS for A and B listers for the rest of the year and offered NEW subscribers in 2014 the opportunity to purchase them as a catch-up bonus for supporting the line. Any way to kill the cherry picker and sells subs. Well, I'd be surprised if DR could figure out how to do it.
    Last edited by jibernish; April 9, 2013 at 12:46pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    With ZERO A-listers, ZERO B-listers, and only a small smattering of C-listers remaining, if Mattel wants to continue to drive the coffin nails into MOTUC, then further limiting or eliminating DOS for figures like Mantenna sure sounds like a great way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    You're right, I think, but there are 2 issues at hand. The first is like you said, will they sell enough sub lites to totally wipe out what DOS they had available. The second is did they make enough to provide for DOS to begin with. They said some figures won't have DOS at all, and we saw that with Fang Man. It's possible they didn't plan on having these figures available at all, and then they could announce that at SDCC to pressure people to sub. "See, you guys missed out on Mantenna - make sure that doesn't happen next year."
    But they HAVE to have enough of all the remaining figures to sell the sub lite. They are saying that if you sub now, you will get all the figures from the rest of the year, just not the ones that have already been released. If they turn around and say, "Oops, sorry, you aren't getting Mantennae because we don't have enough made," that's going to ensure that the 2014 sub has about three takers. So they have to be basing the numbers of sub lites sold on the smallest run figure coming up this year. Now, if there were figures planned to have no day of sale, then the surplus must be from cancellations. If not, then there were DOS figures planned for the rest of the year and old Fang Man really was a planned shortage to scare the populace into subbing next time around...

TG could have answered the 2nd question right now, by saying something like, "We made more figures than we needed to fulfill the sub, but depending on how well the sub-lite sells, that excess might not be excess any longer." We could infer that the initial plan was to have DOS for them, but TG is so loose with his words that if I were trying to decide what to do, I would assume that subbing was the only way to get Mantenna outside of the secondary market.
    Very logical analysis; I believe that is exactly what he wants you to take away.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if Mattel pulled all DOS for A and B listers for the rest of the year and offered NEW subscribers in 2014 the opportunity to purchase them as a catch-up bonus for supporting the line. Any way to kill the cherry picker and sells subs. Well, I'd be surprised if DR could figure out how to do it.
    I, too, doubt DR could figure that out, and the blow-back from something like that would likely kill any chance of 2015 happening. They would be admitting up front that they manipulated the bejabbers out of us, and that would drive folks away in droves.

But they HAVE to have enough of all the remaining figures to sell the sub lite. They are saying that if you sub now, you will get all the figures from the rest of the year, just not the ones that have already been released. If they turn around and say, "Oops, sorry, you aren't getting Mantennae because we don't have enough made," that's going to ensure that the 2014 sub has about three takers. So they have to be basing the numbers of sub lites sold on the smallest run figure coming up this year. Now, if there were figures planned to have no day of sale, then the surplus must be from cancellations. If not, then there were DOS figures planned for the rest of the year and old Fang Man really was a planned shortage to scare the populace into subbing next time around...

Very logical analysis; I believe that is exactly what he wants you to take away.

I, too, doubt DR could figure that out, and the blow-back from something like that would likely kill any chance of 2015 happening. They would be admitting up front that they manipulated the bejabbers out of us, and that would drive folks away in droves.
    I agree with you.

Unless you want every single figure, collecting MOTUC is like playing poker. I don't like poker. I just want to buy the figures I want and pose them on my shelf. I'm not into gambling with my money and time, trying to determine when TG is bluffing and when he's being upfront. Should I spent $700 on a sub to get the figures I want, hoping I can sell the rest, or just try to buy them on the secondary market. Not to mention the Joker card of quality control (especially on Ebay you are typically buying figures with lesser quality paint apps to begin with. I mean lets face it, if you buy 2 subs and sell 1, you're keeping the one with the better paint app). If you are interested in this line, the ante is pretty steep, and that is not a good way to provide for the line's future. Entrance into any product line should be easy. Dont' most companies spend millions and billions of dollars trying to make their product appealing and trying to make it easy to get customers to try them out?

Heroic Warrior
    He also mentioned that the Sub Lite is numbered... in the sense that they only have a certain number of Subs avaliable that they can sell. So yea, they know exactly how many extra they're going to have for DOS, and I would expect DOS to be very quick sell-outs the rest of the year on all figs that have DOS, just because they'll be very limited stock.
    Say they sold 100 subs, and produced 150 of each fig... they have to hold say 25 back for CS stock, so they only have 25 of the lite Sub to sell, and whatever they don't sell out of that remaining stock will be the DOS stock. That's how I'm taking it, and I assume DOS is going to be rough from here on out. Glad I sub'd!

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Entrance into any product line should be easy. Dont' most companies spend millions and billions of dollars trying to make their product appealing and trying to make it easy to get customers to try them out?
    You do realize we are talking about Mattel, right?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New questions are up!

I have a feeling we might learn what the SDCC exclusive is on Friday afternoon...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I need this today.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    New questions are up!

I have a feeling we might learn what the SDCC exclusive is on Friday afternoon...
    I hope you're right. Time to get something fresh...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!