Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dragonball Z Battle of the Gods - Spoiler Free!

  1. #1
    Grammer Flunky Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    wyckoff, nj
    Posts
    4,164

    Dragonball Z Battle of the Gods - Spoiler Free!

    Just curious if any of our japanese members have seen this movie and how it ranks up there with the others? Supposedly it's a bit more cannon than the others..heard toriyama had more involvement in the script.

    also, does anyone know if the music for dragonball has ever been released?

    thanks
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

    Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    I haven't seen it yet, but to be honest, I don't have much hope for it. Toriyama got way too overboard on everyone being a Super Saiyan and now with Saiyan God Mode, it is just ridiculous. Plus, I heard they through Cell and Freeza into it just for the hell of it. Even if it is written by him does not mean it is going to be good. Plus, the Jp VAs no longer fit their roles as they proved with DBKai, so I'll wait for Funimation's dub of it that will utilize the voices from their Kai dub.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  3. #3
    Grammer Flunky Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    wyckoff, nj
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but to be honest, I don't have much hope for it. Toriyama got way too overboard on everyone being a Super Saiyan and now with Saiyan God Mode, it is just ridiculous. Plus, I heard they through Cell and Freeza into it just for the hell of it. Even if it is written by him does not mean it is going to be good. Plus, the Jp VAs no longer fit their roles as they proved with DBKai, so I'll wait for Funimation's dub of it that will utilize the voices from their Kai dub.
    I think he was tired of SSJ's by then Hence Trunks and Goten doing it so easily as kind of a joke....almost confirmed by Vegita's 'Garage Sale' Line. But I agree with you. Strong Bad guy comes in, Goku gets beaten...Finds way to get stronger..beats bad guy. Still fun to watch though.

    Freiza and Cell where also kind of thrown in to DBGT as well. So long as they have a decent part, and arn't useless..I'd have no problem with it.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

    Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    There is no DBGT in my eyes as it was nothing more than bad fanfiction.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    429
    I agree as far as I am concerned GT never existed but I do want to see this movie.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I agree as far as I am concerned GT never existed but I do want to see this movie.
    Oh I'll end up buying the movie when it comes out as that will be the only way I'll see it unless they show it off at Anime Expo. I mean, I own all of the other DBZ movies, and I'm sure this will be better than the majority of them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  7. #7
    Grammer Flunky Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    wyckoff, nj
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Oh I'll end up buying the movie when it comes out as that will be the only way I'll see it unless they show it off at Anime Expo. I mean, I own all of the other DBZ movies, and I'm sure this will be better than the majority of them.
    I just hope the US soundtrack isn't some god awful heavy metal rock that is so GD loud that you can't hear the voices..only reason I would re-buy the movies is if they remixed the soundtrack
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

    Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I just hope the US soundtrack isn't some god awful heavy metal rock that is so GD loud that you can't hear the voices..only reason I would re-buy the movies is if they remixed the soundtrack
    I don't watch those DBZ movies in English, so I forgot they changed the music. Anyway, those are also from Funimation's early days. These days they try to stick as close to the original source material as possible.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •