Thread: Fangman and map received DAMAGED!!

Fangman and map received DAMAGED!!

hey all i tried searching for a damaged figure thread but couldnt find one
    i received my fangman king he-man and map today. my box was all smashed up and my fangman and map were water damaged very glad my king he-man was fine ive emailed matty but being from Australia it makes it hard, here are some picsSlide1.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide5.JPG

Ouch, that sucks. I received a faulty Star-Sisters pack (Tall Star's face was missing paint) last year and asked Matty if I could receive a new head for TallStar. They told me that I would have to first ship my whole set back to them and they would then send me a new set. I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and never got a replacement for the head. I hope they have upped their CS since then!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

yeah its a shame i just dont want to have to buy fangman on the secondary market. If i was a loose collector it would be all good

I don't mean to sound like the rotten tomato in the bunch, but that's really more of shipper/insurance issue rather then Matty themselves. I'm pretty sure that Matty didn't kick the box around and then dunk it in a fish tank before sending.

You can't blame a company for an issue like that when it's obvious that it sustained those damages in transit. Boxes aren't expected to be made out of steel or waterproof.

Again, I don't want to sound *****, but as long as the negligence is placed in the right direction I have no issue with any complaints.

Hopefully it gets resolved one way or another though.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I don't mean to sound like the rotten tomato in the bunch, but that's really more of shipper/insurance issue rather then Matty themselves. I'm pretty sure that Matty didn't kick the box around and then dunk it in a fish tank before sending.

You can't blame a company for an issue like that when it's obvious that it sustained those damages in transit. Boxes aren't expected to be made out of steel or waterproof.

Again, I don't want to sound *****, but as long as the negligence is placed in the right direction I have no issue with any complaints.

I agree,

It's a horrible situation. Matty CS has seemed to improve over the past year. Fingers crossed for you that they send replacements…especially the map. Riddle of Steel though, is correct. This would be the shipper. DSL for international? Here in the U.S. I've wished from day one that they used FedEx rather than UPS…I've never had a damaged external shipping box from FedEx EVER. UPS on the other hand…blah…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post

Well they could pack the figures/shipments better, When I ship things I try to make sure the items are very secure and protected. With Digital River all you get is a little shipping paper in your box, not saying that the shipping companies couldn't take more care though.

Yeah thats cool mate i wasnt blaming anybody just dissapointed is all. i was really looking forward to these figures i emailed matty only to see how i go about things. and only posted because i thought fellow collectors would feel my pain.

Sorry man! I'm a loose collector and I'd be bummed too...especially bout the Map. Those things are awesome! Hope they can make it right for you!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    …I've never had a damaged external shipping box from FedEx EVER. UPS on the other hand…blah…
    Opposite for me. FedEx always destroys my boxes. Years ago I had 8 boxes, all within 18 months from Sideshow, that came damaged by FedEx. It got so bad that I refused to buy direct from Sideshow cause they only shipped using FedEx at the time. Never had a problem receiving a box from UPS.

As far as shipping goes, I've had no problems shipping nearly 1200 boxes via UPS over the past 10 years on ebay. I had 4 customers ask for FedEx shipping instead of UPS and 2 out of the four I shipped were damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Well they could pack the figures/shipments better, When I ship things I try to make sure the items are very secure and protected. With Digital River all you get is a little shipping paper in your box, not saying that the shipping companies couldn't take more care though.
    I agree, DR isn't exactly the poster child on how to properly pack a box, but more times then not it's the shipper and the harshness of transit that can obliterate a box.

I've packed some pretty safe boxes before, have had people on the other send me pics. of what arrived, and it's astonishing to say the least. It really just depends though.

No to mention in this case, water damage in which I think it's safe to say had no thing to do with DR I'd bet.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Well that stinks!

How did your King He-Man fare so well during this tumultuous trip?
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    As stated in the Aussie thread i recently recieved Granamyr and he too was water damaged, bugs coming out of the box, water marks imprinted on the white mailer, i contacted Matty and will be sending him back BUT the catch is you need to send them back from the UPS depot and they are few and between, i can send him back but i have to where the cost so im waiting to go on holidays as where im going will be a short drive to the UPS depot.

Mattel would have indicators of the rate of returns they recieve per year so while UPS is the preferred carrier and returns increase significally then Mattel can do something about the carriers. As DR dont pack the boxes very well, by that im saying just throwing a figure into a box (remembering that this is an ADULT COLLECTORS LINE) more care could be taken to secure our figures. Ive noticed recently the boxes ive been recieving have a lot more dinges in them then they use too. Im dreading getting CG.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Well that stinks!

How did your King He-Man fare so well during this tumultuous trip?
    Not sure i was very surprised myself maybe because he is royalty??
    not funny but he really was fine!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    As stated in the Aussie thread i recently recieved Granamyr and he too was water damaged, bugs coming out of the box, water marks imprinted on the white mailer, i contacted Matty and will be sending him back BUT the catch is you need to send them back from the UPS depot and they are few and between, i can send him back but i have to where the cost so im waiting to go on holidays as where im going will be a short drive to the UPS depot.

Mattel would have indicators of the rate of returns they recieve per year so while UPS is the preferred carrier and returns increase significally then Mattel can do something about the carriers. As DR dont pack the boxes very well, by that im saying just throwing a figure into a box (remembering that this is an ADULT COLLECTORS LINE) more care could be taken to secure our figures. Ive noticed recently the boxes ive been recieving have a lot more dinges in them then they use too. Im dreading getting CG.
    Thankyou lorde trooper! and it looks like ill be heading to a ups depot myself

Quote Originally Posted by cade15 View Post
    hey all i tried searching for a damaged figure thread but couldnt find one
    i received my fangman king he-man and map today. my box was all smashed up and my fangman and map were water damaged very glad my king he-man was fine ive emailed matty but being from Australia it makes it hard, here are some picsSlide1.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide3.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide5.JPG
    My Fang Man showed up smashed too.

2013-03-22.jpg

I'm in Australia as well and have had a few boxes turn up damaged. I used DHL this year, figures turn up in 3 - 4 days in one piece.

Sorry to say but you probably will need to switch to DHL to ensure intact packages, it is a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It doesn't matter. Matty is still responsible for the package just like how an ebay seller is responsible for a package after they shipped it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by cade15 View Post
    Not sure i was very surprised myself maybe because he is royalty??
    not funny but he really was fine!!!
    Nice! Not even a worldwide journey through the throngs of terrible-mail-delivery can put a dent in HE-MAN!

(Still stinks about the others though...... )

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    My Fang Man showed up smashed too.
    Dude! That is brutal! How is this happening? Whoever loaded this guys delivery truck needs to learn the difference between a heavy package and a light one, and which should go ON TOP!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!