Thread: Masters of the Universe Panini sticker book question

Widget

Masters of the Universe Panini sticker book question

Hi all. I don't collect master of the universe, but I found among my old things this old sticker book, that does not have any stickers on it though. It is in pretty good condition in finnish language, and I can post pics of it.

There's the pics, of course some creases of old age, plus a little dirt mark in the back. In one page there is some pencil mark, that should be pretty well erasable at least. Otherwise in great condition overall. And yeah as I have no idea if this is worth something or not thought I would ask about it in here. As I do not collect these, I am wondering about selling it, but still also thinking of possibly keeping it for myself, have had it for ages nevertheless.

So any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I freakin loved my sticker book growing up.Beat the heck out of it.Wish I still had it.My question about the book is how much filmation influence was behind the book?Maybe I was a bigger filmation fan than I give myself credit for.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I freakin loved my sticker book growing up.Beat the heck out of it.Wish I still had it.My question about the book is how much filmation influence was behind the book?Maybe I was a bigger filmation fan than I give myself credit for.
    I haven't seen one in a while, but it was pretty heavily influenced by Filmation; it's the only outside appearance of Fang Man and Lizard Man in licensed product from that period that I'm aware of.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Uh? The album is entirely Filmation-based. It retells eight of the season-one episodes (four pages per episode, except for The Curse of the Spellstone that only takes up three pages) and the stickers and pencil illustrations are direct screenshots from the show. The only "original" art is on the cover, the pair of introductory pages, and the couple pair of "character line-up" central pages, but those too are totally based on Filmation.

Not that any of this detracts from the value of the album. I loved it as a child and it was in fact what introduced me to the world of MotU, long before I got the chance to actually watch the cartoon one or two years later. It was also one of the precious few sticker albums I did complete as a child, and I did so all by myself without ever exchanging a single sticker with anyone else (since no one I knew collected them, or at least not to my knowledge, so I ended up with a huge pile of repeats), although I did make use of the option to order the last few stickers directly from Panini to complete the album.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; April 7, 2013 at 08:23am. Reason: Typo
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Court Magician
    Hey there it looks to be in really good condition and that is good price wise but would properbly be more valuable if it was in english language. But maybe if you are interested in selling it try and put it in the marketplace and let people bid on it
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Panini also did a sticker album for the Motion Picture. Although I managed to get all but one of the stickers for the Filmation album, I never managed to get close to completing the Motion Picture one.

Widget
    Thanks for the opinion Ruelokke. ^^

Thanks for the feedback as I kind of figured it was filmation based.I just don't have a good recollection of some of the characters.Good times nonetheless.

I completed my Motu sticker book in Italian when I was a child and I have it as a precious thing, then I bought also She-Ra one in Franch.