Thread: How long does international shipping take to arrive in the US?

How long does international shipping take to arrive in the US?

I purchased something from someone in Europe and they shipped it out on Friday, March 15th via DHL. It arrived at the International Sorting Center (Customs) in New York on March 27th and became USPS Priority Mail. HOWEVER, it has been sitting in New York since March 27th (currently 9 days) and I have been waiting 3 weeks total.

My question is...is this normal for it to sit in US customs for 9 days? and for an international package arriving to the US via Priority Mail to take 3+ weeks? I thought once it arrived in the US I would have it within 2-3 days?

Please give me your understandings as this is only the 2nd time I have bought international. The 1st time my item arrived in about 8 days.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

It Varies. I also recently bought a item from France and was shipped priority. It arrived yesterday after 16 days. Items from the U.K. shipped the same way can take up to 21 days at times. Just depends what country it is coming from.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

It is coming from Germany.

I can't speak w much authority as I don't buy from Europe or Asia often.
    I've bought a few items from both Germany and England. They were stuck in customs for a while- it seems like almost a week, over a week in all cases.
    I'm always nervous that my package is on its way again/hoping it doesn't get lost.
    Looking to buy or trade sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Packs. I can PM you pictures if you'd like to trade.

There's a girl in the garden.
    What?
    In the garden, there is a girl!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    When it hits a customs center, it sits there until they pass it on. They might not even be holding it for inspection, it might just be a backlog. 2 weeks isn't unheard of.

I've never had anything inspected myself but some stuff has sat from anywhere between 6 and 12 days. Provided it doesn't sit I can get it from HK/China in 7-10 days, but if it sits then it can be 3 weeks. My neodymium magnets took almost a month to arrive.

What is funny is that I shipped a package to someone in Germany on Monday and it arrived to them today...just 4 days later. And yet, here I am still waiting after 31 days for my package to arrive from Germany

I have contacted: my local USPS, USPS Consumer Relations, and US Customs, but no one will help me because I am the receiver and not the sender. They say that the sender has to start an inquiry, BUT the sender does NOT speak English and I don't speak German so we can't get each other to understand anything

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that. It has finally moved from NYC after being stuck there for 17 days. YAY!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 12, 2013 at 02:14pm.

You just have to be patient, it goes through customs when it goes through customs is the answer. Some things they seize to investigate, others they just slowly process. There is no real rhyme or reason and you will never get one unless its seized completely and you have to deal with it (taxation, illegal goods, etc)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback