View Poll Results: Are the Fighting Foe Men the new 'Star Sisters'?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Nobody asked for, nor wants them!

36 34.95%
  • No - They are fan demanded and will do fine!

67 65.05%

Thread: Fighting Foe Men = The New Star Sisters?

Hybrid View

Fighting Foe Men = The New Star Sisters?

Bad things come in threes? I am seeing a lot of people on the boards here who don't really want the FFM. I personally don't care for them or even understand why three whole slots were wasted on them. Do you think they will be the new Star Sisters? Will people have to take a huge loss in trying to sell them?

I imagine the parts/custom market would be good for them, since they have a lot of cool parts. They look like cheap China Town knockoff figures to me. These figures are probably the first in the line that I actually think are crap (sorry 4H/Toyguru).

What do you think?

I wish there were more options. Like, 'while I didn't request them I like them and am looking forward to them'. Or 'even an I don't care either way' option.
    I voted that I like them, but I wouldn't consider them fan demanded.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Yeah your two options are too extreme.
    There are many people who wanted them but they're not in high demand.
    They're obscure but they're generally accepted as being cooler than the Star Sisters so won't be as hated.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    I'm looking forward to them, and think they look cool! Of course, I also really liked the Star Sisters, as I've several customs to finish that the Sisters are perfect for!
    If anyone is unhappy with their FFM, consider letting me adopt them- they'll get a good home...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I voted yes because I do think people will have to sell them at a steep discount if they want to get rid of them. They also seem to stir up a bit of a fuss amongst many whenever they're mentioned.

However that being said, I'm personally looking forward to them. They're not my favorites nor would they have been something I would have asked for, but the more I see of them the more I like them.

I'm looking forward to them. The more I see them, the more I like......I can't say that about the Star Sisters....so I voted no.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I wish there were more options. Like, 'while I didn't request them I like them and am looking forward to them'. Or 'even an I don't care either way' option.
    I voted that I like them, but I wouldn't consider them fan demanded.
    Completely agree.

For me they are the new Star Sisters. I loved the sisters and I love this 3-pack. Can't wait!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    No way. The FFM are gonna rock and be totally awesome!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think we heard way more about the Star Sisters than the vehicle pilots, but the latter characters are more "acceptable" to a fanbase that fears the color pink on Swiftwind.

Definitely they are not the new Star sisters. Because they are cooler than them. But they are not fan demanded. Fan demanded could be Fang man, Lord Masque, Icer, Batros and Shokoti among others. They are characters we know and never had a figure. The Star sisters, Vykron and FFM are not fan demanded. I didn't even know they existed in first place. The difficult part about FFM is that they are expensive and adding the shipping increase. They will be difficult to accept in DOS

I like them. I like the Star Sisters too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I think they are awesome ad can't wait to get them. I thought the same about the star sisters. I understand people's complaints, but I like them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm glad the star sisters came as a three pack. gets them out of the way not taking three monthly slots away instead.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Epic fail, only demanded by a minority on the boards, too expensive and too obscure...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    No they aren't the "New Star Sisters". I can't vote for either option because they are somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.

They aren't the "New Star Sisters" because they are going to cost quite a bit more. Also the Star Sisters WERE in the She-Ra cartoon, She-Ra magazine, etc... They were out there back in the day even if they are quite a bit obscure. The only thing the Fighting Foe Men have going for them in that department is the vehicle likenesses for their weapons.

I like the Star Sisters and the Fighting Foe Men look cool. The only legit complaint about them is the $75 + shipping/tax pricetag. I'd take the Star Sisters allllll day at their original price over the Fighting Foe Men and their 2013 inflation price.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The overall scandal concerning the FFM AND the Star Sisters was the price and packing of them.

For characters not solid in the previous lines this made them a purchasing risk. Now the star Sisters did make it to the POP Series so that should give them more legitimacy, whereas the FFM only appeared in artwork only. But the problem (if there really is) was when it was decided to pack them out as a three pack, the price isn't too bad considering you are paying for 3 figures which on their own are 20-5 bucks at the time. I understand Scott stating the reason this was done was to not tie up regular monthly slots with figures that many may not want (?), but by packing them out as they were helped get them made and out of the way quickly; was also a high end risk as well. I think they could've sold well as singles and if spread out well; cause the demand to make them a complete group would've been a good sell point as well. Plus it would've allowed the Horsemen to work on them just a bit more. I think the real problem was Scott pushing the majority of these concepts faster than mainstays too soon and too fast. I'd buy FFM separately as would've the Star Sisters as I am a completist and will still purchase regardless, but I think that's where Scott misses some of valid reasons for this backlash.

The problem on our part was we were all giddy at first for the concepts (and eating them up) and once Mattel figured that this would be a great way to stretch the line out by kicking out so many they forgot that it would get old real fast. And with things like the line potentially dying, the backlash and attitudes have gotten worse since this now means we may not get everything actually made in the previous lines. Though as a business I can see why Mattel would do it this way, but I really wish they would've found some balance.

Both sets of figure are just as just as others and in some cases even better, IMO (Cy-Chop) Just saying!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Blah ya cant please everyone these days.... i for one REALLY WANT THESE....im rather excited for them...
    i hate hate HATED the stars sissys at first..but now i dig em.... i think honesty Matty/MOTUC could make any characters and id buy it..i just really love these figures.. that being said i want a Don Knotts as Keldor MOTUC figure NOW!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Blah ya cant please everyone these days.... i for one REALLY WANT THESE....im rather excited for them...
    i hate hate HATED the stars sissys at first..but now i dig em.... i think honesty Matty/MOTUC could make any characters and id buy it..i just really love these figures.. that being said i want a Don Knotts as Keldor MOTUC figure NOW!
    I don't hate the star sisters but I like them WAAAAAAAAY less than when I first got em.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure