View Poll Results: Are the Fighting Foe Men the new 'Star Sisters'?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Nobody asked for, nor wants them!

36 34.95%
  • No - They are fan demanded and will do fine!

67 65.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men = The New Star Sisters?

Fighting Foe Men = The New Star Sisters?

Bad things come in threes? I am seeing a lot of people on the boards here who don't really want the FFM. I personally don't care for them or even understand why three whole slots were wasted on them. Do you think they will be the new Star Sisters? Will people have to take a huge loss in trying to sell them?

I imagine the parts/custom market would be good for them, since they have a lot of cool parts. They look like cheap China Town knockoff figures to me. These figures are probably the first in the line that I actually think are crap (sorry 4H/Toyguru).

What do you think?

I wish there were more options. Like, 'while I didn't request them I like them and am looking forward to them'. Or 'even an I don't care either way' option.
    I voted that I like them, but I wouldn't consider them fan demanded.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Yeah your two options are too extreme.
    There are many people who wanted them but they're not in high demand.
    They're obscure but they're generally accepted as being cooler than the Star Sisters so won't be as hated.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    I'm looking forward to them, and think they look cool! Of course, I also really liked the Star Sisters, as I've several customs to finish that the Sisters are perfect for!
    If anyone is unhappy with their FFM, consider letting me adopt them- they'll get a good home...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I voted yes because I do think people will have to sell them at a steep discount if they want to get rid of them. They also seem to stir up a bit of a fuss amongst many whenever they're mentioned.

However that being said, I'm personally looking forward to them. They're not my favorites nor would they have been something I would have asked for, but the more I see of them the more I like them.

I'm looking forward to them. The more I see them, the more I like......I can't say that about the Star Sisters....so I voted no.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I started a thread on these guys & tried to raise more awareness for the box art characters.
    So, I'm very excited about the FFM. I been anticipating these figures since the review last year.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Unlike the Star Sisters, the FFM look really great. I don't think there was a ton of demand for them, but it's hard to imagine that many people actually hate them.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

No, and I am looking forward to them, but not sure how truly fan demanded they are though.

Certainly not looking forward to the $100 plus shipping next month though....

I didn't want the Star Sisters, but I am looking forward to the Foe Men....more options for voting are needed....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Nope.
    The star sisters were just an ugly concept with an uglier execution and they were not fan demanded. Just ask to a normal POP fan when the line will end if he rather has the star sisters instead of peekablue, perfuma and sweetbee.

the FFM are more fan demanded (maybe in the very fisrt place in the obscure charcaters list) and they are captivating as hell....they really show off the aesthetic of the older motu waves.
    Last edited by Delthaindia; April 5, 2013 at 04:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I wish there were more options. Like, 'while I didn't request them I like them and am looking forward to them'. Or 'even an I don't care either way' option.
    I voted that I like them, but I wouldn't consider them fan demanded.
    Completely agree.

For me they are the new Star Sisters. I loved the sisters and I love this 3-pack. Can't wait!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    No way. The FFM are gonna rock and be totally awesome!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think we heard way more about the Star Sisters than the vehicle pilots, but the latter characters are more "acceptable" to a fanbase that fears the color pink on Swiftwind.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Definitely they are not the new Star sisters. Because they are cooler than them. But they are not fan demanded. Fan demanded could be Fang man, Lord Masque, Icer, Batros and Shokoti among others. They are characters we know and never had a figure. The Star sisters, Vykron and FFM are not fan demanded. I didn't even know they existed in first place. The difficult part about FFM is that they are expensive and adding the shipping increase. They will be difficult to accept in DOS

I really liked the Star Sisters and I am also excited to get the Fighting Foe Men. So, this poll doesn't appeal to me.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

I voted no because the FFM reveal and discussion following the reveal was nothing at all like what happened after the Star Sisters' reveal. That thread got locked for a while until Eamon did a seperate Star Sisters thread...and even then in was on like Donkey Kong for a bit in that thread. There were edits, removed posts, etc...

So, while I see the angle the OP is working, I still have to go with no. The FFM are in no way the new SS and, with the arguable exception of Mighty Spector, there hasn't been that much hoopla again.

That being said, I like the Star Sisters and the FFM.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I like them. I like the Star Sisters too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think they are awesome ad can't wait to get them. I thought the same about the star sisters. I understand people's complaints, but I like them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm glad the star sisters came as a three pack. gets them out of the way not taking three monthly slots away instead.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

they are pretty great. only wish they had done 2 two packs so we could have got the last model pilot as well

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think we heard way more about the Star Sisters than the vehicle pilots, but the latter characters are more "acceptable" to a fanbase that fears the color pink on Swiftwind.
    I like Swiftwind, I know that he was for She-Ra, he was that way in the cartoon, and even though I never watched She-Ra, and don't collect dolls....Swiftwind and She-Ra are not dolls, they are a part of Classics, and I have no issue with Swifty, besides, I'd much prefer the pastel wings on a white horse to the all pink toy version. Then I likely wouldn't have bought him.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    they are pretty great. only wish they had done 2 two packs so we could have got the last model pilot as well
    That is what I said, plus it would have been cheaper, and broken up across 2 months instead of having one $100 month, and still missing a pilot.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

They are definitely not the new Star Sisters as the Star Sisters actually had good fan demand from POP fans. The FFM had very little fan demand and I for one did not sub because of them been included in the 2013 sub.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Depends on what you mean.

will it be hard for people to get rid of them? Likely

The Star Sisters probably had more initial demand before the reveals.

Fighting Foe Men look like (the top half) of the characters from the packaging, where as the Star Sisters resemble a one off appearance in the show and even then not 100%.

both sets have either one of the figures individual collectors like or dislike. Interestingly everyone seems to think their opinion is universal.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I personally like both the Star Sisters and the Fighting Foe Men; HOWEVER, I have a few extra FFM sets that I can't seem to give away
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

The Fighting Foe Men are 29 times cooler than the Star Sisters.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela