Thread: How much of the MOTUC story is left to tell in the bios?

How much of the MOTUC story is left to tell in the bios?

I keep reading as much as I can, but I know that the expert fans
    who buy the toys, books, etc. know whats left to tell in the He-Man saga.

I didn't know a great deal past NA saga...very surprised by King He-Man and son of He-Man.
    It kinda answers my controversial Bromance/romance thread that got too heated on here.

Past, present, future? What parts of the story are missing or not revealed??
    Last edited by Cottonwood; April 5, 2013 at 04:02pm. Reason: typo
    Fantastical!

I have never even read 1 bio and have no intention of ever doing so. MOTU universe is what I make up in my mind.

I just want to know officially who exactly are the remaining heroic warriors that join the galactic protectors.

I think the thread where all the bios are written up and put in order (sorry cannot for the life of me remember it's name) is the best place to spot plot holes and as of yet unanswered questions. There are a lot of little things I can think of though:

- How does Stratos die?
    - Who assassinates Zodac and why?
    - Why does Horde Prime do nothing to try and track his brother whilst Hordak is trapped in Despondos?
    - Who is this Great Black Wizard?
    - Do Whiplash and Clawful die at the hands of Photog?
    - Who runs the Masters whilst He-man is off playing with his sister in space?
    - When does Clamp Champ stop being MAA?
    - if Hordak used the Spell of Seperation ages ago to defeat the Snakemen then how come they didn't all die back then?

Just some of the things I have no answers for. I am also looking forward to how they are going to weave new bios for characters like Ninjor (bet he killed Zodac) Blade, Flogg and Rio Blast into the story.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    --What's the Earth/Eternia connection mentioned in Marlena's bio?
    --Who is Eldor? (All right, so I've been waiting for almost 20 years for the answer to this one.)
    --What finally happens to Skeletor?
    --Who is the Unnamed One?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post

I didn't know a great deal past NA saga...very surprised by King He-Man and son of He-Man.
    It kinda answers my controversial Bromance/romance thread that got too heated on here.

Good question. I've wondered that to. Unfortunately I don't have any anwers.

In fact I have a question. when this line is done what bios and parts of the story will we miss out on because certain figures didn't make it to the lite of day.

Someone should ask Scott for a comprehensive list of what mysteries and plot holes we have remaining. Of course he'll just say "Keep reading the bios". Come on, we're all thinking it, I just happened to say it

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post

MOTUC bios are crap so why even bother? Stick with the old comics, Filmation and 200x for your lore.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Good question. I've wondered that to. Unfortunately I don't have any anwers.

In fact I have a question. when this line is done what bios and parts of the story will we miss out on because certain figures didn't make it to the lite of day.
    This was my concern as well and in a Q&A he said i was asking a hypothetical question. I precisely asked if he could release the rest of the bios that would be left if the line ended early and he was not helpful at all.

My Bio-Narrative thread is striving to help answer this very question. The Bios are hardly the terrible story many seem to believe (in my opinion). Put together in (what I think is) the appropriate order, there's quite a tale, with lots of room for our own adventures to fit. There are lots of great questions to answer yet!

As to those posted here, I'll toss in my two cents, for all that's worth:

- How does Stratos die? (I'd love to know this one, and more about his sucessor.)
    - Who assassinates Zodac and why? (This is a plot point I'm pretty keen on. Can't wait!)
    - Why does Horde Prime do nothing to try and track his brother whilst Hordak is trapped in Despondos? (I get the idea that HP wanted his kid brother out of the way.)
    - Who is this Great Black Wizard? (From the looks of it all, a big trouble maker.)
    - Do Whiplash and Clawful die at the hands of Photog? (See, this could be killed, could simply be defeated. Until we hear otherwise, it's up to you!)
    - Who runs the Masters whilst He-man is off playing with his sister in space? (My money is on Clamp Champ, though I wonder what hapens to him, since SLL is MAA later on when HM is king.)
    - When does Clamp Champ stop being MAA? (Exactly!)
    - If Hordak used the Spell of Seperation ages ago to defeat the Snakemen then how come they didn't all die back then? (He never really used it that way though, did he? He did try to rip the planet apart to get the Star Seed though!)
    --What's the Earth/Eternia connection mentioned in Marlena's bio? (I'd bet-shades of Planet of the Apes-that Eternia was settled by lost astronauts from Earth or something, as that was hinted at in I believe cut scenes from teh '87 film.)
    --Who is Eldor? (I think he's simply one of Eternia's great wizards and the original leader of the Council of Elders.)
    --What finally happens to Skeletor? (I too want more details about his cosmic butt-kicking at the Jaw-Bridge to the wherever it was on Trolla. And does every major fortress of power have a Jaw Bridge instead of a drawbridge?)
    --Who is the Unnamed One? (This is a great mystery of the franchise. Is it someone we already know, like Skeleteen? Orko? LooKee? Or will one mystery go unsloved?)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Why is Teela a blonde now?
    Although he used a power harness, how did Adam get the Power Sword without actually being He-Man?
    Did Gygor take back the Vine Jungle from Beast Man when he returned?
    Who is Tufos?
    How did Oo-Larr die (if he's dead)?
    What is the link with the Green Goddess and the Sorceress?
    What happened to the Green Goddess?
    What happened to the other main Evil Warriors (Beast Man, Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops)?
    When Hordak and Horde Prime were defeated, what happened to Catra?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Don`t motivate those guys at Mattel to do more of this stuff. I´m already tired of this story...

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    There are still many things to answer... The bios narrative really reminds me of Lost and all its mysteries that were never solved...

I'd really like to know what's the secret link between Eternia and Earth (Marlena's bio). I'd also like to know more about Scareglow's key...

Other than that, I wish the next bios shed some light on the role played by faction leaders like Flogg or Angella. We don't know much about these two in the MOTUC mythos...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    I just want to know officially who exactly are the remaining heroic warriors that join the galactic protectors.
    Very important question! I am extremely interested in this as well! It could have a monumental impact on the story we are already familiar with (like finding out that Artilla is really a cybernetic Duncan, for example...) or that Teela decides to stay on Primus after her initial visit....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    - Who runs the Masters whilst He-man is off playing with his sister in space?
    Also an important question, and, who are they battling with while both of them are gone? Is Jitsu waging a war on the royal family? Who steps up to take command?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    MOTUC bios are crap so why even bother? Stick with the old comics, Filmation and 200x for your lore.
    This is in the eye of the beholder.....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What happened to the other main Evil Warriors (Beast Man, Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops)?
    I want to know this too!! Do any of them actually follow Skeletor after he usurps command of the mutants from Flogg? Do they fight Jitsu for the right to lead the remnants of Skeletor's army?

There are great questions in this thread of which I am excited to find the answers!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    - Who assassinates Zodac and why?

That's a good one. I guess bot the "good guys" and all evil factions would have some reason to kill him.

- if Hordak used the Spell of Seperation ages ago to defeat the Snakemen then how come they didn't all die back then?

Again a good one. To be honest, I dont think having the snakemen "killed" means they could never get back. Actually, a spell can be unmade, and dead warriors can be resurrected. Also look at the way they disappear in the minicomic...classic "this is not over" conclusion. I agree, however, it is still more definitive then banishing them to despondos...but was it Hordak banishing them? I am not at all sure.

Another thing I'm not really sure of is Blast Attack. He is in the secont ultimate battleground comic, and is with the (unlikely) allegiance of horde and snakemen (bet e is with snakes then). What happens after the 2nd battleground. Assuming he is still around (and that seems likely, as I cant think of many ways to permanently dispose of a bot that blows up and pulls back together..) who is he with?

I feel like there's a lot of filling to be put in. We have the crust of the story, but I'm hoping future figures and their bios fill the pie up a bit.

Totally agree with Keldor/Skeletor73, just because the snakemen are all "killed" doesn't mean they won't find a way back, which is why I don't understand so many people being upset with the finality of it all. Also, just a clarification for those who are interested, Scott has said a few times in passing that Mechaneck doesn't die as a result of the spell, the Snakemen bit of his is seperated and he is saved.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I believe TG said we would know the answers to the following, but so far we haven't...

Why most of the warriors have furry shorts

Why Teela wears the Goddess' snake armour and carries the staff of Ka

What is the link that Marlena talks about between her planet and Eternia

What is Project Photog - is it linked to Fearless Photog at all?

Also I'd like to know...

How Stratos and Zodak-Zur die

How the Queen (Randor's Mother) was killed

Is there any explanation to why Teela goes blonde

Do any of Skeletor's warriors turn to the side of good at all?

How does Gwildor die

Who is Tufos

Which Masters and Rebelion members go to Space?

Are He-Ro and Dare (He-Ro II) linked at all apart from same name?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Well now that Dare the son of He-Man was introduced that's a whole new chapter that they can write and with that ding bat Spectre they can travel through any of the other cannons and time. So they opened a door that is pretty wide open that dosent look like it can be closed. I'm really interested in the whole Dare story and hope to get that figure.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Well now that Dare the son of He-Man was introduced that's a whole new chapter that they can write and with that ding bat Spectre they can travel through any of the other cannons and time. So they opened a door that is pretty wide open that dosent look like it can be closed. I'm really interested in the whole Dare story and hope to get that figure.
    I love how a lot of people just stick their fingers in their ears and go "Nanananana" regarding the bios. It's another story people. It's not filmation, it's not 200X, it's not the comics, it's not your own universe, it's the Classics - an own entity. Showing your "allegiance" to a certain canon will not remove the Classics canon from time and space. It's there, deal with it like with any other incarnation of the masters.

I want to see Dare as well and where the stories go.
    Time travel I have no problems with, and seeing that it has been in Masters lore before in one way or another neither should most fans, but that's my view on it.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I love how a lot of people just stick their fingers in their ears and go "Nanananana" regarding the bios. It's another story people. It's not filmation, it's not 200X, it's not the comics, it's not your own universe, it's the Classics - an own entity. Showing your "allegiance" to a certain canon will not remove the Classics canon from time and space. It's there, deal with it like with any other incarnation of the masters.
    Are we allowed to dislike it for trying too hard to fit everything in and thus feeling a bit clunky, or for trying too hard to be 'serious' and 'edgy' on occasion?

I want to see Dare as well and where the stories go.
    Time travel I have no problems with, and seeing that it has been in Masters lore before in one way or another neither should most fans, but that's my view on it.
    I'm not particularly interested in Dare, but that's because I think a 'second generation' is too soon if you want the original conflict to retain the resonance it's supposed to have--let there be a real victory for the rest of Adam's life, at least, especially if you take the Classics approach and have them dismantle the entire Horde Empire.
    Time travel I have no problem with and have made extensive use of it in both my 80s and roughly sketched 200X continuations. My chief problem with Spector is that he's garish.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Are we allowed to dislike it for trying too hard to fit everything in and thus feeling a bit clunky, or for trying too hard to be 'serious' and 'edgy' on occasion?
    Disliking something is one thing. But constantly pointing out that it's wrong, or horrible or not what you yourself follow is something else completely.
    Criticism is fine, but there's a time and place for such things, constant bashing it, especially in a thread like this which is semi-positive towards the bios is just very very silly. It goes way off point and contributes nothing at all.
    There will always be parts of stories like this that people don't like or can't like for various reasons, but how it's presented here again and again is very silly. I'm all for a good debate and talking things that are "weak" over, but neglecting things because you don't like it and inserting your own reality into it doesn't address that, it dismisses it.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Scott also encourages people to do just that. And yes it could be just a passive aggressive way of saying if you don't like my story make your own. Even with my own personal canon I have things like NA in there which I don't really care for that much but it's there.

that said there is still many questions left unanswered and several spots that haven't really been fleshed out. Most of NA hasn't really been handled, POP still has quite a bit to fill up so there is still quite a bit of story left.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'll chime in later as I have some thoughts and ideas on a few newer questions posed here, but I have to ask: did Mekaneck get cured? If so, I'm either losing my memory or something changed. I recall Scooter saying that while Mek wasn't cured, he was still alive and stuck as a Snakeman. (I'd love to be wrong here, as I adore Orius, and want him back as a hero.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like to know what happens to To-Bad, does he get separated by the spell of separation?
    Would like to know more about the Nameless One.
    Like to know more about the big battle with Horde Prime.
    What happens to Marzo, Evil Seed, Pravhus, Jitsu, Scarglow & all the other evil bad guys let on Eternia.
    What happens to most of the good guys before SOH era? Like why is Man-E-Faces look like a time agent mime?
    Why isnt Clamp Champ in charge during SOH.
    What happens to the Horde on Etheria after the defeat of Hordak?
    Did Webstor die?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor