Thread: Reversed forearms on female figures

Reversed forearms on female figures

As I have gotten more female figures, I have noticed an interesting trend with about half the female figures which would probably explain the Frosta thing if nothing else. I noticed that this wasn't just the case on my own figures but the majority of the ones I have seen with them also. Using Teela as the example, the bracers have the longer part on the inside of the arm. Even earlier versions of the character have it where the longer part is on the outside of the arm. But since prototype shots of the figure showed the arms like that have we just assumed it was a design choice or was an accident from the get go?

If it was intentional I could see where the Frosta thing would be an accident half the time the female figures have bracers they are assembled like that. I see the upcoming Foe woman as it the other way around, She-ra (bp and adora also), Catra and Starla also. Of course It's mostly figures that use the Teela forearm, Teela, Goddess, Evil-lyn and BG Teela and Evil-lyn.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

the figure's with Teela's Forearms HAVE the forearms correctly assembled. Apparently one of the Sources that the Horsemen used as a base for the sculpts Had the Bracers drawn with the longer part inside. It's the Muscle structure on the LEFT Forearm how you can determine if they're reversed or not. IIRC
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Both sketches for the female characters who ended up both becoming Teela had the gauntlets reversed. And this sketches became the FOUR HORSEMEN reference when they designed MOTUC Teela.

And by the way you know that Battleground Evil-Lyns gauntlets are moveable
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

There is also the design on the bracer is more noticeable that way. I had a feeling it wasn't wrong, but I could see now if you were used to assembling Teela arms and hadn't really done the other figures frosta could be a mistake if you didn't look closer at the arms. Thanks for the feedback though.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Actually the braces are wrongly sculpted if one assumes the above drawings were the point of reference. If you look closely on both drawings the longer part is down the elbow and the shorter the inside of the elbow while we received figures with gountlets turned 90 degrees so that the longer part is next to the body and the shorter outside / opposite to the body. So no matter how they are assembeled both ways are wrong when compared to those drawings. The longer part suppose to cover the elbow in fight and the way it is sculpted the elbow is completely bare making the gaintlets not serving their intended purpose. Shame, it would look so much better the way it has been drawn twice - looks like the 4H completely missed that.. Sorry for spelling mistakes - typing on an iPhone and too late to be bothered ;-P
    Last edited by robaczek; April 6, 2013 at 06:16pm.
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

It's a 5 minute fix for the forearms.......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    It's a 5 minute fix for the forearms.......
    No it isn't - it's unfixable if the braces were to look like on the drawings.
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    By the way you know that Battleground Evil-Lyns gauntlets are moveable
    Wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    No it isn't - it's unfixable if the braces were to look like on the drawings.
    He means that forearms are easily swapped if you choose to do so.

And I wasn't complaining about it, my Frosta for example came in with forearms as they are supposed to be. I was more just questioning, I agree with the above poster about the test art the protective part is on the elbow side of the arm still just a matter of how she is holding the staff.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Actually the braces are wrongly sculpted if one assumes the above drawings were the point of reference. If you look closely on both drawings the longer part is down the elbow and the shorter the inside of the elbow while we received figures with gountlets turned 90 degrees so that the longer part is next to the body and the shorter outside / opposite to the body. So no matter how they are assembeled both ways are wrong when compared to those drawings. The longer part suppose to cover the elbow in fight and the way it is sculpted the elbow is completely bare making the gaintlets not serving their intended purpose. Shame, it would look so much better the way it has been drawn twice - looks like the 4H completely missed that.. Sorry for spelling mistakes - typing on an iPhone and too late to be bothered ;-P
    That's exactly what it looks like; the forearm is turned, and it looks like the bracer turned with the wrist/hand in those drawings. With the arm at rest, the highest point would be in the back and the low part in front, exactly as you describe. It was a misinterpretation of the arms' orientation in that pose, I think.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Her right arm that is true, her left arm however it does look like it's more on the inside of the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Wait...what?
    Yes, Battleground Evil Lyns gauntlet can be turned around, i even checked on mine again before i posted that comment. They are separate pieces but i think thatīs mentioned in PIXEL DANs review. I would need to check but iīm very certain he told us.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Yes, Battleground Evil Lyns gauntlet can be turned around, i even checked on mine again before i posted that comment. They are separate pieces but i think thatīs mentioned in PIXEL DANs review. I would need to check but iīm very certain he told us.
    Well isn't that something. I never noticed. When I get home, I'm gonna see what she looks like bare-armed.