Thread: Interview with Character Designer Lynell Forestall

Interview with Character Designer Lynell Forestall

More Interviews with people behind the 2002 cartoon!

Past interviews:

----------------

This time Jukka interviewed Lynell Forestall, the character designer for Mike Young Productions He-Man!

Read the interview in the link below:
    http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=1025

Interesting interview Jukka. Really informative. I didn't know they were working with a small production team. I kinda wish we could have got a look at Shokoti for MYP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm interested in knowing more about this proposed Shokoti episode, and even more so Gary Hartle's She-Ra story arc. We've been told many different things over the years about any plans to bring her into the 200X continuity, ranging from 'she was always part of the plan' to 'Nothing was ever planned for her.' Even if this is some shot down story idea, I'd like to hear more about it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Snappy Threader
    Very cool Jukka, thank you for sharing. I love reading these behind the scenes sort of thing.

Thanks Jukka, that was a fun read!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Interesting interview Jukka. Really informative. I didn't know they were working with a small production team. I kinda wish we could have got a look at Shokoti for MYP.
    I don't know if there were any art made. Or if it was simply an idea.

Fans should ask about that from Lynell at Power-Con

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm interested in knowing more about this proposed Shokoti episode, and even more so Gary Hartle's She-Ra story arc. We've been told many different things over the years about any plans to bring her into the 200X continuity, ranging from 'she was always part of the plan' to 'Nothing was ever planned for her.' Even if this is some shot down story idea, I'd like to hear more about it.
    Hartle has discussed his idea for She-Ra with Danielle at Power-Con 2011. She talked about it in an RGD episode. I will most likely transcribe it to my blog at some point. Ian Richter has said in Q&A that they would have done it similar to SOTS, so there's that contradiction to Hartle's vision. The creators/producers had lot of ideas, but there is no sure way of knowing what would have ended up on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Very cool Jukka, thank you for sharing. I love reading these behind the scenes sort of thing.
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll get more 200x interviews soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Thanks Jukka, that was a fun read!
    Glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I don't know if there were any art made. Or if it was simply an idea.

Fans should ask about that from Lynell at Power-Con
    Hopefully someone will. It's always great to get some good tidbits here and there from those involved.

Cool Batros avatar by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Great interview! As always thanks for doing the work Jukka! You rock.

I recall Larry-D once (in Person at SDCC years ago) saying something about an "idea" for a Shokoti episode and it got turned down because she wasn't an "action Figure Character". Don't ask me what the "idea" was because when I asked him what it was he said "I don't get paid for Ideas, I get paid for scripts" He is a funny guy that Larry D I wonder if Forestall had his idea independently, or they collaborated on the pitch together?

I would love to shake his hand one day for his Veena and faceless One designs.

I get his point about wanting to do other stuff in his free time, but I wonder if he would mind a fanboy digging through his garage and dusting off some of these lost gems though? God forbid they one day get lost in fire or earthquake!

His Black Lightning's daughters DC Nation Shorts are some of my favorites. I think they did two or three of them right? I wonder if the other character he was talking about was Vibe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The creators/producers had lot of ideas, but there is no sure way of knowing what would have ended up on-screen.
    Oh that's for sure, they each have a different idea of what they had wanted to do. I forget who it was now, but at some point there was talk of She-Ra being he-man's daughter sent from the future for safekeeping
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 18, 2013 at 02:02am.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).