Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "little" teaser of what I working on these days

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    You know it this has been in the making for over a year now slowly but surely

Because you asked here's where I'm at right now
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ps9c148715.jpg

No central tower progress to report just yet I'm going to build the connecting bases first and then tackle the tower on the home stretch gonna make them walk upable separately as well as together I got something figured that I think is pretty sweet just only I'm keeping that to myself till this project is done. Thanks for the continued interest and hopefully I'll have more soon.
    this is getting better and better all the time. Thank you for the pics. Please keep em coming.

Dude so awesome I am thinking of doing something similar to this soon just need the supplies, the time and the space. I want it to be MOTUC accurate like yours please keep up the awesome work aswell as the inspiration! Good journey!

I haven't shown it yet But I am going to stray away from 100% accurate Eternia playset. There are things in it that I am changing to more my likes, needs or taste like the bases for the Grayskull and Snake Mountain towers the most drastic being Snake mountain I mean I already gave it a cave entrance and some more goodies are coming down the loop stay tuned..
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

it's gonna be awesome, no matter what.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

What material are you using to built this playset?

Ok, i just read you mentioned before...

I suggest you to use epoxy clay; here it is quite cheep, i can get you some if you want to... Much better to work than sculpey, may be more tricky at the beggining but once you know how to work it, you wonīt change it... Itīs the type of material professionals use... Some of the best customs showed here on forums were made with this material, and thats why these guys could achieve that level of detail... It is a lot more resistant than sculpey and you can make thin sheets to cover it up, so it can be very light but also very firm and strong.
    Last edited by octavio; August 26, 2013 at 11:24pm.

Yeah I've used Epoxy in the past ( MILLIPUT EPOXY PUTTY ) And your right its awesome but on this scale this Millput would cost well over 500-600 dollars to cover this set not to mention the plummer epoxy version of this stuff is Super toxic (known CANCER causing toxic) this stuff the paper mache clay is really freaking strong and it's DIRT CHEAP with even My last two dioramas I've propbably spent 50 bucks to cover both and I still have supplies to make more its biggest down side is that for smoother shapes you need to sand it down rather than water and brush like Epoxy. Time is Also an issue because I may sculpt for 10-20 minutes at a time and that would be rock hard in some epoxys by then.

Thanks for the support and input guys it's appreciated for this super long task ahead of me... Back to finishing the bases for these bad boys.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1