View Poll Results: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Dilemma - What would you / should I do?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Call Digital River ASAP after getting the new card.

10 71.43%
  • Correct the card after attempted charge.

2 14.29%
  • Let the castle get cancelled. Please elaborate.

2 14.29%

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Dilemma

MOTUC Castle Grayskull Dilemma

The credit card that I use for my MOTUC subscriptions, Castle Grayskull and other items outside the subs expires in September of this year. With Castle Grayskull expected in December, I am concerned about getting my castle when dealing with Digital River. From what I hear several other fans have this same problem. In the past when problems arose (i.e. replacing defective items, problem with charging my card, etc.), I was able to get them resolved eventually. I have little worry that I will be able to change my card information on the My Subscription page for both my Club Eternia and My Filmation subs, but since Castle Grayskull is not a subscription it does not show up on the My Subscription page and appears that the only way to change my card information is to call Digital River and hope that I get competent assistance. Ideally, I will call Digital River as soon as I get my new card and get the information changed without a hitch. My fear is that they will tell me that the only way that they can fulfill my request would be by cancelling my original order and order another one. This could cause the following problems:

1. I could lose the cross-sell poster
    2. I could have to pay a higher price
    3. I could lose the poster and pay a higher price
    4. Worst of all, I could lose the whole castle (especially if it is not on sale at the time I try to change my card or sold out).

This gives me three options to getting my castle:

1. Call Digital River as soon as I get my new card in August/September and attempt to get the new card applied.
    2. Let the expired card get charged in December and wait for Digital River to contact me about fixing it.
    3. Let Digital River attempt to charge the expired card and ignore their request to get it corrected, thus cancelling my order. Then attempt to get it from another orger, online retail store or eBay.

What would you / should I do? I’m leaning towards #1 or possibly #2. Number 3 just seems too expensive and risky to me.
    Last edited by Zargon; April 8, 2013 at 06:18pm.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I had the exact same issue with my card expiring in January of this year.
    Just call an get a new card sent out from your bank. claim you lost it. Then once u get the replacement you can call DR and get the order cancelled an then reinstated using the new card numberwith nothing lost. I did it with my order already.

...worst case scenario, you miss out on a poster that someone I am sure will sell later.

From personal experience, I had to change credit cards with Matty in the middle of the year during 2010. It worked at first, but soon became a terrible experience. Let me explain.

I used my old card to buy my 2010 sub and in July, I used it to buy the 2011 sub also. It was after July, the card expired and I had to change my payment method with Matty.

I changed the cards and it seemed to work just fine. The rest of my 2010 sub items showed up just fine. But in 2011, Matty shipped my Vikor, but never billed me for him and then sent me an email saying at my request, my 2011 sub had been canceled.

Even though they were able to charge the new card in 2010, they started charging the old one again in 2011. (which was no longer listed on my account). It took me until about the middle of the February to sort it out. Each time I called Matty they told me there was no way to fix the problem or restore my sub.

I even got turned away twice from the escalation line. On a related note, the escalation department never called me as promised. I had to all them directly by getting their number from a friend here on the org. The third time I called the escalation department and man told me repeatedly that my bank refused the charge and I would have to call them to clear it up. To which I kept telling him, the bank refused the charge because digital river charged a closed account. If they would charge the card I have on file, which is attached to an active account, then it will go through. Even though English was his first language and I was speaking very clearly and calmly, he just kept telling me to call my bank. He said there was nothing he could do. After explaining my situation to him five times he finally gave in and set it up to charge the card I had on file. I could tell he didn't want to, he just got tired of me explaining to him how to fix the problem.

It was a very frustrating and long period of weeks to get my 2011 sub reinstated. But needless to say once they were finally willing to charge the card I had on file, everything was cleared up. The worst part was when their reps would get off the phone with me saying there was nothing they could do. Since I had "requested" my sub to be canceled, it could not be re-instated.

Now I worry...because my debit card is about to expire in OCT this year. When I get my new card, I hope Matty will be able to figure out how to charge me for Castle Grayskull and my 2013 sub. Here's hoping...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Thank you for the replies/advice.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

UPDATE:

My card number got stolen/used (hopefully voided) so I had to get a new card. I updated my Club Eternia Sub, but will need to call about my Filmation sub and Castle Grayskull. Should I call DR CS or the escalation number? Thoughts?

UPDATE PART 2:

Called today to attempt to change my card info for both my Filmation sub & Castle Grayskull was informed that it was already changed to the card that I had set as my default card. The DR CS rep didn't do anything except verify. Hopefully this is accurate and all is well.