Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official (ongoing) Gardening Thread

Brassy Baroness
    Nice harvests!
    I've harvested Gai lan, pak choi, breakfast radishes, mustard, sorrel, and spinach. I've had to start a second crop of those since they have bolted on me. I've also enjoyed a harvest of rainbow Swiss chard, Tuscan kale, several lbs of strawberries, all my herbs, and my hot wax peppers & Serrano peppers. My tomato vines are heavy with green tomatoes I hope to be enjoying shortly.

This has been a good year in the garden so far.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Those are some good-looking vegetables, MOTU_Maniac. Most of mine are just getting planted. I have planted tomatoes, peas, sweet potatoes, beans, cucumbers, peppers, carrots and corn. Got some fruit on a couple tomato plants but nothing else yet. Got some onions and garlic left over from last year because I just left them there last fall and they kept on growing, but they aren't "new" crops.
    Thanks

And sounds like you have planted quite a bit. So, when do you move and have to say goodbye to the garden?

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Nice harvests!
    I've harvested Gai lan, pak choi, breakfast radishes, mustard, sorrel, and spinach. I've had to start a second crop of those since they have bolted on me. I've also enjoyed a harvest of rainbow Swiss chard, Tuscan kale, several lbs of strawberries, all my herbs, and my hot wax peppers & Serrano peppers. My tomato vines are heavy with green tomatoes I hope to be enjoying shortly.

This has been a good year in the garden so far.
    Thanks

It does sound like you have had quite a year so far. Would love to see some photos my friend
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Brassy Baroness
    Hummm, most of the time it's just a little here and there so no photos like you have. But I did snap a few of the larger harvests.

DSC01560.jpgDSC01568.jpgDSC01579.jpgDSC01585.jpg

Hummm, most of the time it's just a little here and there so no photos like you have. But I did snap a few of the larger harvests.
    Wow! Nice spread! I'm very impressed.

After growing up on a produce farm with almost 5 acres of strawberries, it's hard not being able to grow them. The rabbits and squirrels always take a bite of every berry right before it is fully ripened and ready for picking.
    ......... ........

Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    Gah! That would get to me too. I've recently started spraying hot pepper wax on my greens since Honey Bun and Cinnamon Bun have gone to graze. But I couldn't keep up with all the rain. So recently I sprinkled a little fox urine and poof! No squirrels digging up sprouts, no bunnies leveling greens, and no skunks just passing by.

I've only being "curing" the garden for two weeks, but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Thanks

And sounds like you have planted quite a bit. So, when do you move and have to say goodbye to the garden?
    Hopefully not until after growing season is done
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"That which does not kill me... had better start running"
    - Source unknown

Here is a pic of my morning harvest and then a pic of my lunch. YUM!!!

......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

That cheese ain't from yo garden, homie!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Roton 3) Karg 4) Lodar 5) Mask of Power Demons 6) Road Ripper 7) Vintage Fright Zone 12) Dragon Walker

Oh shush...lol.

Nonetheless, thanks for visiting the gardening thread.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'm no gardener, but I sure like garden-fresh stuff. Love garden-fresh tomatoes.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Roton 3) Karg 4) Lodar 5) Mask of Power Demons 6) Road Ripper 7) Vintage Fright Zone 12) Dragon Walker

It is way cool to be able to go out and get food fro the garden. I got broccoli tonight. I just wish I could do this all year round.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Here are some pics of all of the veggies I picked from my garden for my State Fair entries.

If you want to see my actual State Fair entries then you can go HERE.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    Wow!! What a collection!

Please tell me you got to take home your collection and enjoy them after the judging? Our state fair was 2 weeks long with the display up the whole time. So those who displayed received half rotted vegetables by the end of the fair...

Wow!! What a collection!

Please tell me you got to take home your collection and enjoy them after the judging? Our state fair was 2 weeks long with the display up the whole time. So those who displayed received half rotted vegetables by the end of the fair...
    Thanks for the kind words. But no, almost all of my veggies will be rotten and spoiled by the time the fair is over. The rules state that they must remain on display after judging for the entire length of the fair (which is 12 days long) or I forfeit all ribbons and prize money. I hate to see them waste away, but at the same time I love that so many people come to the fair and get to see and enjoy them.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    Ouch! Hopefully there were plenty of other vegetables for you to enjoy. Just to think, all that work and they let it rot...

Ouch! Hopefully there were plenty of other vegetables for you to enjoy. Just to think, all that work and they let it rot...
    I have had an abundance of veggies this year. So much so that I send them to work with my wife to give away several times a week as well as giving them to neighbors and friends.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    I bet people like living next to you. Do they reciprocate with other goods in return?

I have had an abundance of veggies this year. So much so that I send them to work with my wife to give away several times a week as well as giving them to neighbors and friends.
    The wonky weather gave me a ton too!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I bet people like living next to you. Do they reciprocate with other goods in return?
    No one has ever given me anything in return. They have actually never even offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    The wonky weather gave me a ton too!
    I look forward to seeing some pics of your canned veggies. Hint, hint. lol.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    No one has ever given me anything in return. They have actually never even offered.
    They don't deserve your generosity. I swear some people are so awkward in their social graces. They would call the cops if someone breaks in, but don't realize it's rude to return Tupperware dirty or not at all.

I got my 9 KY State Fair ribbons in the mail today. YAY! Still waiting on the $125 check though. lol.

Attachment 87677

Attachment 87678
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    Congratulations! I'm glad to see all your hard work pay off.

That's awesome! Congrats!

Okay so a pic of one of my watermelon. YUM. So sweet. I also have a pic of homemade bruchetta. Its toms from the garden, basil and sourdough bread I made.
    1146670_693917890637905_619035061_n.jpg

578433_694733343889693_941799880_n.jpg
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Congratulations! I'm glad to see all your hard work pay off.
    Thanks

That's awesome! Congrats!
    Thank you

Okay so a pic of one of my watermelon. YUM. So sweet. I also have a pic of homemade bruchetta. Its toms from the garden, basil and sourdough bread I made.
    1146670_693917890637905_619035061_n.jpg

578433_694733343889693_941799880_n.jpg
    Wow! That bruschetta looks great! Thanks for sharing...and making me hungry. lol.
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback

2014 Gardening Thread

2014 Gardening Thread

Guess what? It's getting close to that time of year again. Time to start planning what you will grow in your vegetable garden this year. I have already seen lots of seeds out in stores/nurseries as well as potato sets, onion bulbs, asparagus roots, cold crop plants, etc.

After growing up on a 100-acre fruit & vegetable farm, I always LOVE this time of year!!! So, let's hear it: what do you plan to grow this year?

And also, as the season goes on PLEASE SHARE PHOTOS of your garden and harvest.

As for me, I plan on setting out some cold crops (broccoli,
    cabbage, red & white potatoes, yellow onions, spinach, and lettuce) in about 2 weeks if the weather permits it. Once May arrives I will start planting my other vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash, cucumbers, eggplant, okra, etc.).

*So, what is everyone else planting this year?
    ......... ........

*My iTrader Feedback