Thread: MOTU movie soundtrack

Widget

MOTU movie soundtrack

People have been talking about who should be in the movie and plot lines but who would you want to be on the soundtrack/score for the movie? Bands, music style, anyone you want to see for the main theme or the fight scenes score.

As long as it's not dubstep, I'll take practically anything.
    But, considering how awesome and epic some folk metal/viking metal/pirate metal out there can be, I'd love to hear a soundtrack mostly consisting of that stuff. Everyone's going to want sweeping, epic-sounding fully-orchestrated stuff, but I say get a bunch of folk metal bands and let 'em rip. But still, no dubstep.

i'm very curious about this as well, in fact, i made a poll some time ago to that affect- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...95#post3237095

my choice is elliot goldenthal by far.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MykEdwards View Post
    As long as it's not dubstep, I'll take practically anything.
    But, considering how awesome and epic some folk metal/viking metal/pirate metal out there can be, I'd love to hear a soundtrack mostly consisting of that stuff. Everyone's going to want sweeping, epic-sounding fully-orchestrated stuff, but I say get a bunch of folk metal bands and let 'em rip. But still, no dubstep.
    Agreed. Loreena McKennitt and Iron Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i'm very curious about this as well, in fact, i made a poll some time ago to that affect- http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...95#post3237095

my choice is elliot goldenthal by far.
    I could see that working.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Agreed. Loreena McKennitt and Iron Maiden.
    Two of my all time favorites. No joke.

..you may enjoy my potential storyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by MykEdwards View Post
    Everyone's going to want sweeping, epic-sounding fully-orchestrated stuff
    I am one of those people to an extent but am thinking of more of an industrial Clannad (thinking NIN vs Enya!)

I absolutely hate it when they ruin a film by throwing in some modern fanboy band which noone remembers in 5 years time and dates the film horribly. A good soundtrack specifically written for the film takes it to a whole new level- but given who the director is I expect we will see some bland 'of the moment' indie rock score.

I often find orchestrated music, seems to cover up a movies lack of story, structure and volume.

Like if a script has been changed 6 times, including on the day of shooting.
    (I can just see them saying, "Don't worry about 'this or that', we'll fix it in editing and put a big symphony in there too, no problem.")

The best orchestrated music was always a simple song or jingle hidden in layers, or a new big version of the TV show's theme.

..a version of the Masters theme in orchestra would be perfect for the center point of two movies, in the final musical sequence of the first, but not for all the musical sequences.

Honestly - I wouldn't mind an updated, orchestrated version of the original Filmation cartoon soundtrack... its classic stuff and would sound pretty darned neat orchestrated.

No John Williams though... it would sound like *every other John Williams score ever composed!!!*.

beastfan

This is the best I could find.

Yes, King Paul... *** kind of *** what I was thinking about, but more along the lines of an actual 90+ piece orchestra and chorus.

Here we have the coy stylings of a synthesizer... usually reserved for those made for TV movies from the late 80's/early 90's at best.

I think a soundtrack based off the more adventurous themes (including the ominous Skeletor/Snake Mountain cues) would really tie things together; not only for the movie, but original fans of the MOTU universe and the next generation of fans as well.

beastfan

..well, my, musical sequences are all sewn up.

Its the ending sequence that I see as an orchestral theme.

definitely! ;-)

beastfan

Hans Zimmer!
    That said. HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME MUSIC!!
    Last edited by dragonrider1227; May 9, 2013 at 05:24pm.

I would like to see some of the original 1980s commercial music thrown in where appropriate. The thunderous slow big bass sound would be awesome in a scene highlighting a display of raw power.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    Check out 'skyworld' two steps from hell, on YouTube, the first track, it gets a bit keyboard tinkley in the middle but it's kind of epic and the build up at the end is great, and yes it gets a bit dubbie at the end but it realy works, I suggest earphones and closed eyes for this one

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I'm a bit crap with computers other wise I'd put a link

It's gotta be epic full syphony stuff I'd LOVE for them to use music from the original cartoon but done good and definitely without the whole "he-man!" of the original show maybe with just a musucal emphasis at that part. Of course a full hard rock/metal guitar/drum driven sound track could be done too big NO to a pop one for sure though. that said we'll get Maroon 5 for sure " I got the moves like He-man I got the moves like He-man I got the moo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like He-man"
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1