Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Snakeface Arrival Thread

Well I'm sorry others have problems with SF too... But glad im not the only one!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I like him in a weird nostalgia kind of way even though I never had him as a kid. His color combo is definitely a little odd as well as the legs and upper body parts combo but I like it.

I only wish he had a few more deco hits on the snakes and shield as someone added in the display thread.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Received mine a few days ago. No issues with the figure at all. Perfect joints/paint,etc.

Only thing i wish was better was the shield.

Heroic Warrior
    Very awesome figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too. Especially since the snakes are a pain to insert.

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-con...ans-medusa.jpg

So...who is going to try to pull THIS off with their figures?
    That film is all my 6 year old can think about when she sees snake face

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go MGM, here is my best attempt lol

058.jpg

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Opened mine last night and he's pretty awesome! Not a favorite character of mine, but the MOTUC version has me pretty excited for him now. Great joints, great paint aps, everything works beautifully!

Bring on Karatti and the FFM!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Got my 2. Great figures. Favorite Snake man yet. Only flaw would probably be the shield. It could have had more station influence and more paint apps it would have been perfect.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Got mine the other day, but I only just had time to take photos today...

4 Snake Face 01.jpg
    5 Snake Face 02.jpg
    28 Snake Face and Sy-Clone.jpg
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
    I have not yet been billed for Snake Face & so I called Matty customer service & they said my card was declined twice. I have plenty of available funds so I called my bank to see if they saw a rejection from Digital River on my account & they said no. I called Digital River back & they said a 3rd renewal attempt will take place on the 22nd or 23rd. Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If so did the 3rd renewal attempt go through?
    I had this very same problem this month. They said after the third attempt, I would need to call them to get my membership reinstated. My reply was that nothing regarding my payment method had changed and I had already verified that my CC company had not declined any charges from DR.

I told Digital River that it was their responsibility to figure out why they were suddenly unable to process my payment method. If they had not been able to do so, I let them know that I would NOT call them to get my membership reinstated. I will not fight to keep my membership when they seem to invent ways to screw up. That said, on their third attempt, they were magically able to process my payment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I love the face, which continually evokes images of Ray Harryhausen's Medusa in my mind.
    This is definitely a nod to the ORIGINAL Clash of the Titans Medusa! Ray Harryhausen's creatures for that movie were brilliant!

Too bad the remake didn't take more inspiration from his sculpts.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Met up with my sub buddy yesterday for the Kane Co, Ill toy show and received my Snake Face(along with 2 more sets of Snake Men). Was able to open them all last night and Snake Face is awesome. No QC issues to be seen and just a really solid figure. The "snakes out" head is very well done and the black panels/red snakes switch out easily. Very happy with him and now I can't wait to see what they do with Sssqueeze and Tung Lashor!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Met up with my sub buddy yesterday for the Kane Co, Ill toy show and received my Snake Face(along with 2 more sets of Snake Men). Was able to open them all last night and Snake Face is awesome. No QC issues to be seen and just a really solid figure. The "snakes out" head is very well done and the black panels/red snakes switch out easily. Very happy with him and now I can't wait to see what they do with Sssqueeze and Tung Lashor!
    Absolutely. I hate to "jinx" it but it seems that Mattel has really done a 180 when it comes to QC so far this year.
    I'm very nervous about Sssqueeze though because I really think that his arms need to be bendy. The Octavia approach just isn't going to fly with Sssqueeeze.
    I'm also very curious as the route they'll take with Tung Lashor. Will the "tongue-out" head look like the staction or more like the vintage where his mouth was closed and the tongue just popped out?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Absolutely. I hate to "jinx" it but it seems that Mattel has really done a 180 when it comes to QC so far this year.
    I'm very nervous about Sssqueeze though because I really think that his arms need to be bendy. The Octavia approach just isn't going to fly with Sssqueeeze.
    I'm also very curious as the route they'll take with Tung Lashor. Will the "tongue-out" head look like the staction or more like the vintage where his mouth was closed and the tongue just popped out?
    I would hope it's more like the Staction. The normal head can be super vintage and the "action" head can be with the jaws open and tongue out. I never really liked the Snake Men until the 200x series, and now I have 11 of them(not including Kahn, Snake MAA etc). I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when we get Horde Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I would hope it's more like the Staction. The normal head can be super vintage and the "action" head can be with the jaws open and tongue out. I never really liked the Snake Men until the 200x series, and now I have 11 of them(not including Kahn, Snake MAA etc). I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when we get Horde Troopers.
    I would hope so but I'm not so sure that's how it will be done. If you look at the more recent "extra head" figures...both heads are the same sculpt with just additions/subtractions to the main head.
    Snake Face used the same head but added the snakes to the front and removed the tails from the back. Even Kobra Khan used the same sculpt, just added the "hood." Ram Man, just removed the helmet...same face sculpt.

Got mine a while ago, but have been moving so I barely had time to open him, let alone post pics! Plus I wasn't that excited to do so; the snakes-out head is awesome, but I feel the rest of him is pretty bland. There's so much detail on his arms, I wish they'd given him some different legs.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i am really of sick of them painting bare feet the same color as the shin guards. if a character is wearing boots give him boots. he should be wearing the hordak boots or he should be barefoot. i also wish they had given him the whiplash legs

Snake Face by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

Snake Face by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Got my figure for a good price, very good quality, flawless figure, looks awesome, one of the best updates sculptwise.

So..... Is he suppose to rattle, or does Pixel Dan's got a broken piece of plastic in it? Mine does not, I don't really care, but I am curious.

Heroic Warrior
    No rattle on/in mine. Just a flawless figure...

Got my Snake Face finally. Great figure in package I gotta say. He is a bit harder to love than some of the more silly looking characters like Fang Man or Slush Head because he looks so... well... evil... but great figure. Bring on Karatti!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Got my Snake Face finally. Great figure in package I gotta say. He is a bit harder to love than some of the more silly looking characters like Fang Man or Slush Head because he looks so... well... evil... but great figure. Bring on Karatti!
    Yes, he's really menacing. I never got much interest in the character, because I never owned one as a kid (like most figures of the last waves).

But the quality and the sculpt convinced me. I'll keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Here you go MGM, here is my best attempt lol

058.jpg

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
    Amazing!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i am really of sick of them painting bare feet the same color as the shin guards. if a character is wearing boots give him boots. he should be wearing the hordak boots or he should be barefoot.
    Agreed! I think the Hordak feet would have been perfect for Classics Snake Face and it would have given a great nod to the Staction which still looks far superior. The Skeletor feet are used WAY TOO MUCH for being as distinctive as they are. It's the painted toenails on the boots that really kill it for me.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."