Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Snakeface Arrival Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Snakeface is awesome. Originally I planned on selling him. Slowly he grew on me and I decided to keep him. When he arrived I was going to keep him moc like some of the other figures I don't have shelf space for but eventually I caved. The armor is a bit bulky but all in all I still think he's pretty cool. I don't really like the non-snaked head. Very glad to add him to my collection.
    snakeface hunting manefaces.jpg

I got my Snakeface here in Australia just hours before he went up on sale today. I was so impressed with both heads that i had to order another one DOS.
    I love my DHL express shipping

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    sf is one scary dude
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    Snakeface is awesome. Originally I planned on selling him. Slowly he grew on me and I decided to keep him. When he arrived I was going to keep him moc like some of the other figures I don't have shelf space for but eventually I caved. The armor is a bit bulky but all in all I still think he's pretty cool. I don't really like the non-snaked head. Very glad to add him to my collection.
    That is a VERY nice pic pal
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I missed the sale today. I was out of town and forgot, errr.... any chance for more in the future? Or is there no more after this one sale? Do matty now just release things once and that all the chance we get to buy it?

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    I missed the sale today. I was out of town and forgot, errr.... any chance for more in the future? Or is there no more after this one sale? Do matty now just release things once and that all the chance we get to buy it?
    Matty holds a small amount of customer service stock normally in case anyone needs to exchange a figure. If there is any of this stock left over they will sell it. Seems like this normally happens towards the end of the year.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Matty holds a small amount of customer service stock normally in case anyone needs to exchange a figure. If there is any of this stock left over they will sell it. Seems like this normally happens towards the end of the year.
    So matty does not do reissues anymore? I wonder because I see hordak, webstor, palace guards, etc still being offer on sales days. So no chance for this one? Is it really that strict now? I mean even grays skull, the subs they always so no more ever again. But they keep bringing them back.

Ebay.

Snake Face is here!!

The crazy thing about the Snake Men, is that they are my least favorite faction (besides POP)

But the 4H have managed to make all of the so kick-ass its hard not to like them!!

And the whole gang!

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

MEGA MAN vs "SNAKE MAN"

Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    So matty does not do reissues anymore? I wonder because I see hordak, webstor, palace guards, etc still being offer on sales days. So no chance for this one? Is it really that strict now? I mean even grays skull, the subs they always so no more ever again. But they keep bringing them back.
    They are no longer creating additional stock for any figures. Even Skeletor is sold out now and currently there are no immediate plans to reissue his figure.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

QUESTION
    Is it somehow possible to attach the green snake hair of the regular head to the alternate head with the snakes coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    QUESTION
    Is it somehow possible to attach the green snake hair of the regular head to the alternate head with the snakes coming out?
    Not sure what you mean... like exchanging the helmets? Or just the green snakes?
    They are the same so I don't quite see the purpose of it. The only thing they have different is the tails of the snakes, on the regular they are sort of hanging like a mullet, but on the "medusa" head they are gone to give way for the red snakes on the back of the neck.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Yeah, the armor looks a little bulky, but I'll just pretend he's about to have snake burst out of it
    The armor isn't too big, Scott already told us so!! hahaha

Yea, got mine yesterday! That's the quickest I've ever got a sub fig!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    I love that pic too!
    this guy is one of the more scary monsters of motu. I can see the masters being scared of having a run in with this guy. one look & he would turn you to stone!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    But it will surley be sold as Early Access, and may well sell out. So you may want to hit up a sub holder who can get you one via Early Access when/if the time comes.

I won't be getting my Snakeface until the end of the week, at the earliest.

But reviewing the pictures so far, the red snakes look a little naked, for lack of a better term. Any tips as to the best/easiest paint to use on MOTUC? I think gold eyes could really make the snakes POP.

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    The armor isn't too big, Scott already told us so!! hahaha
    Glad someone else mentioned this because I thought the same thing when SF arrived yesterday. Love the figure overall, but why are his lats easily half again (or at least a quarter wider) as wide as they are on most MOTUC figures? Not a deal breaker and honestly the figure looks fine in most poses even with the expando-lats, but wow... they really look 'poochy'.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Another surprise like! I thought he was kinda boring upon viewing, but he's really cool in-hand! Nice tight joints 'n such. Armor doesn't get in the way at all 'cause it's so rubbery, so his arms lay at his sides as well as with any other figure. Best part is all the attention to detail on plastic usage - the snakes are rubbery, but not too much, and I really don't see any danger of snakes breaking off his face in the figure. Also glad they thought ahead and made the armor peices on the chest hard plastic. They fit perfectly and thanks to the top parts having a little tab; nothing sticks out awkwardly, like I feared.

My only complaints are with accessories: The shield seems like it's too small to help out (so I've kinda regulated it to "magic shield" so it protects against magics 'n such that might hinder his stone gaze) and...well, the snake staff again. I don't have much room to complain 'cause it's no one's fault. He came with it originally so he comes with it now. I just stand by the fact that it's boring and they should have given him some other weapon...I mean, if they could have (considering this one hit it's limit on budget).

Overall though, Snake Face is really cool and hilariously horrifying.
    Last edited by Alexx; April 16, 2013 at 06:52pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    OK, I've just opened my 2 Snake Faces and am floored how awesome he turned out. I think the 4HM did a fantastic job on him and there are no QC issues at all. The figures' paint apps are clean and crisp and all the joints are tight. I got the same feeling opening Snake Face as I did opening Mer-Man
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

excellent! Thanks for the laugh
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Just received and opened mine. 2013 is the best year so far! Every figure I've gotten in the last few months has elicited a "I think this one's my favorite..."
    I love the amount of paint details on this guy, and his two head sculpts are both amazing- I'm torn on how I should display him. His shield is a LOT smaller than I was expecting, but it's still a cool weapon. You can always pretend it spins and grows more snakes to deflect attacks or whatnot. Only two left! I hate Ssssqueeze, so it'll take a lot for the Horsemen to turn him from poo to something I find cool. But in the past, Tung Lashor was always my favorite of the snakes, with Snake Face a very close second... now I wonder if the Horsemen can top Snake Face. He really is the coolest of the Snake Men thus far!

Just got my Snake Face!!

He's pretty much perfect. The poofy armor doesn't bother me AS MUCH in person. I like the metallic green accents. He'll definitely be displayed in his full on snake mode lol! I love this guy…he was one of my favorites from the latter waves of vintage MotU. The ONLY thing I don't like is the shield…it looks pretty cheap compared to the rest of the figure IMO. I light wash or even a glancing puff of paint from an airbrush would have been at least something! Oh well…it's a small issue when looking at the figure over all.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Just arrived in the mail today! I never had Snake Face as a kid but this is one of the best figures in this entire line. The execution was phenomenal!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Not sure what you mean... like exchanging the helmets? Or just the green snakes?
    They are the same so I don't quite see the purpose of it. The only thing they have different is the tails of the snakes, on the regular they are sort of hanging like a mullet, but on the "medusa" head they are gone to give way for the red snakes on the back of the neck.
    That's the part I'd like to add to the action feature head. Is there any way to do that without removing the red snakes coming out of the neck area?