Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Snakeface Arrival Thread

Alexx, I love your site, your shots, and your blog. I'd love to do something like it, but it's been done so well by you!

Can someone please stick some of the Snake Men army builder heads on him and take some shots? I'm thinking of doing a head swap when he gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    That's the part I'd like to add to the action feature head. Is there any way to do that without removing the red snakes coming out of the neck area?
    Got it... yeah you would have to mess with the red ones... maybe you can work around it a bit... but definitely needs some work to make it happen.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Widget
    Maybe this has been mentioned before but I just noticed there are two differant snake men symbols!......king hisss,ratlor,and the blue armored snake men have a pointy spike(?) sticking out of symbols body but snake face and the brown armor snakes do not! Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe it is supose to be the very end of the symbols tail,but what ever it it there is a difference
    Last edited by Milkman937; April 16, 2013 at 09:54pm.

Having my first subscription problem. I have not yet been billed for Snake Face & so I called Matty customer service & they said my card was declined twice. I have plenty of available funds so I called my bank to see if they saw a rejection from Digital River on my account & they said no. I called Digital River back & they said a 3rd renewal attempt will take place on the 22nd or 23rd. Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If so did the 3rd renewal attempt go through?
    Last edited by Doomsword; April 16, 2013 at 10:52pm.

Really cool figure, never had the vintage one so very happy. Not sure which head to display him with.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Got it... yeah you would have to mess with the red ones... maybe you can work around it a bit... but definitely needs some work to make it happen.
    Thanks for the info!
    Need to find a way once he's here.
    Maybe attaching the red ones to the armour would be the opportunity. On the vintage figure it was like that anyway...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    "Glad someone else mentioned this because I thought the same thing when SF arrived yesterday. Love the figure overall, but why are his lats easily half again (or at least a quarter wider) as wide as they are on most MOTUC figures? Not a deal breaker and honestly the figure looks fine in most poses even with the expando-lats, but wow... they really look 'poochy'."

Hm. Perhaps the body they used for Snake Face being as wide as it is heralds Too-Bad sometime in the not-too-distant future?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Got mine today. Its an ok figure, actually more excited that the staff is a different shade of green than King Hiss'.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Snakeface is a character I've never had and have always forgotten about. This figure has won me over since I think it is really well done, but I admit that I'm not concerned with snake colors or if different leg parts should have been used.

What I like is there's a decent value and "newness" with lots of newly sculpted parts and a decent number of accessories. Nice amount of paint. It doesn't feel to me like any corners were cut.

Something I also really like is the production design and materials used. The parts that are supposed to pop off and plug in do it well and easily. The shorts are done in a way that I find ideal, vest is soft enough to put his arms down and all of the red snakes are stiff enough to hold their shape, but soft enough that they aren't going to snap in half. Sometimes, using exactly the right kind of plastic has been a problem in MOTUC, but Snakeface hits the mark perfectly. Makes me happy that 2013 so far has a nice quality.

And man, do I love the sculpts on all the tiny snakes.

Got mine yesterday.

I thought they had modified the staff to not include the ball at the top, but sure enough mine is just missing it...

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post
    I thought they had modified the staff to not include the ball at the top, but sure enough mine is just missing it...
    Your staff is ball-less?! Cripes, that sucks!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Mine comes tomorrow!!!!!
    Cannot wait!
    Snake face was, if I remember right, the last motu figure I had.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Mine arrived today! I must say that I am really thankful for the DR shipping improvements. Things get here much faster than before.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

i got a sub and i still havent gotten a shipping notice yet. what do i do call digiriver?
    or is this normal?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    That's the part I'd like to add to the action feature head. Is there any way to do that without removing the red snakes coming out of the neck area?
    It looks like the green "mullet" snakes on the regular head and the red "neck snakes" on the action feature head plug into the same hole in the helmet part.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    It looks like the green "mullet" snakes on the regular head and the red "neck snakes" on the action feature head plug into the same hole in the helmet part.
    Got my Snake face yesterday and he is awesome. now just have to resist opening him up want to keep him MOC,ill eventuly get one loose.

Did you guys notice the notches on the inner sides of the 2 armor plates?
    I figured when you plug the snakes into his armor you can also clip the 2 armor pieces under/between his armor and the torso using the notches. So you can recreate the vintage action feature even better.

Got my Snakeface yesterday, really awesome figure. Might add a few paint apps to make him more like his 200x staction. His left shoulder and tricep/bicep is sooo being used for Two-Badd. On a side note, did the original sculpt for SF on his regular head have creepier eyes? I could've sworn that his pupils were two shades of red

Edit: yes they were!
    Last edited by J-West; April 18, 2013 at 09:32am.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Received my Snake-face yesterday. Except for the half-inch too big armor, the figure is fine. However, those snake attachments are crying out for a paint wash to bring out all the sculpt details.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Love Snake Face! The Snake army is getting close to completion! Mine arrived with no issues and I could not be happier with him. Not as excited about next month but I hope to be surprised!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Received my Snake Faces yesterday. Have to say I'm rather "meh" about him. I think this is one of the few instances where I like the 200x version better. I do like the head sculpts, though. Tung Lashor is the Snake Man I'm most interested in seeing in MOTUC...I think he will look awesome. The shield really is a letdown; barely an improvement over the vintage shield. I think the "snakes bursting out" version of him looks much better than the "normal" version.

SNAKE FACE IS HERE! I was never a huge fan, but I also never had this one as a kid so I'm pretty excited to get him now.
    Kittens are delicious!

My SnakeFace came yesterday and he is AMAZING!!!! I have him snaked out and next to King Hsss and Rattlor. Just need Tung Lashor now and MY snakemen will be complete!!!!!

Snake Face came today and after opening him, I noticed a little paint oopsie on mine. Check it out.

sf.jpg

They forgot to paint the snake sigil's lower jaw! Clearly this is an ultra-rare and valuable chase, the value of which I have destroyed by opening him up. C'est la vie.

Uh, try to ignore that that ain't strictly speaking his own head. I was playing around with some alternate looks when I noticed the paint goof and snapped the pic. It doesn't look half bad though, too bad I'm painting it to match Stratos. (yeah, I know there's a lot of red showing, it's only the first coat!)

I think he'll look great with the horned, closed-mouth snake guard head painted up for him. That head is awesome, and since SF doesn't have the scaly collar piece, you get a lot of room to tilt the head. He looks like he knows somethin'.

Mine arrived today-we'll open him this weekend.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!