Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: has anyone had their wisdom teeth pulled?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Also, if money is a problem, you can always checkout the closest Dental school. Before I had dental insurance I went to the University of Louisville Dental school where dental students did the procedures with dentists watching over them. The process took longer, but was also much less expensive since you are helping dental students learn by being their guinea pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Cost isn't an issue- I paid $250 of it yesterday and will pay the remaining after it's done. Office visit plus x-ray was $150, while the procedure and visit will be $350. I also raised $70 on the MH doll forums selling Nefera and Toralei, had been putting some money back for emergency use starting in January.
    Ok, cool. Just wanted you (and others) to know that option is out there.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I started putting money away as I knew my fridge would eventually die, and pocketed around $1000 since I expected it to cost me at least $800 to replace. The tooth took $500 of that. However, I found Lowe's was having a sale on appliances so I was able to get a new one today for less than $500 so I'm not in bad shape on either front- good thing, too, because the fridge started going all funny Wed night. This is one reason I've been selling toys and other novelty items to buy other novelty items, so I'm able to save back extra cash for such things.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed last Saturday. After a week of excruciating pain, I went back to the dentist yesterday. Apparently, even though I followed the aftercare instructions to the letter, I am one of the 2–5% of patients who are prone to developing dry socket. The dentist put bandages over the exposed nerve endings, but it has not helped the pain much, and my Vicodin prescription does almost nothing. Here is to hoping for a quick recovery. Having your wisdom teeth removed totally sucks.

I hope you can recover very soon and am glad mine are long since out, lol.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I paid $100 for mine, the dentists popped 'em out but wouldn't let me keep them, and I went home.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed last Saturday. After a week of excruciating pain, I went back to the dentist yesterday. Apparently, even though I followed the aftercare instructions to the letter, I am one of the 2–5% of patients who are prone to developing dry socket. The dentist put bandages over the exposed nerve endings, but it has not helped the pain much, and my Vicodin prescription does almost nothing. Here is to hoping for a quick recovery. Having your wisdom teeth removed totally sucks.
    I feel your pain. I never had dry socket but I had a lot of other complications for about a month, despite following their aftercare instructions thoroughly (I even quit smoking). It's an absolutely miserable experience, but each day you'll recover more, and eventually you'll never have to worry about those teeth again. Good luck to you.

All four of mine were pulled about 10 yrs ago. From what I remember I had some pain the first couple days but it subsided. No dry socket for me. My cost was around $900. They had to knock me out, because one was split and cracked and they had to spend some time drilling it out. The only thing I remember was waking up and being wheel-chaired into my mom's car.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

I did back in '07. Not very pleasant despite having my mouth numbed up.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I had the packing removed today. I was in a lot of pain so I bought a toothache remedy from the drugstore. Using tweezers, you place a clove oil-soaked cotton pellet on the site that is causing pain for one-minute and then remove. It works wonders.