Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/15/2013)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (4/15/2013)

Motula.org

About the S.D.C.C. '13 exclusive figure, will it be a very popular character of the M.o.t.U. universe? Like Queen Marlena and Orko/Adam, or it will be a not so popular character like Vykron is.

You will just need to wait and see. No hints yet.

You have recently commented that Scareglow's relic (I suppose you're refering to the key), will be used to open a Castle Graskull playset's backdoor but... Is it useful for something else apart than keeping the backdoor key? Does it have any other magical skill? What's its origin and how did it end up in Scareglow's hands?

For the full details, check out Scareglow's bio!

In Demo-Man's bio was defined and stated Keldor/Skeletor's story more than Demo-Man's own story, that's why we would like to know more about him, for example; what's his homeworld? Who was he in his world? What was his relationship with Hordak? And the reason why the Evil Horde's leader trusted this demon to control Skeletor.

He was a wayward spirit from Despondos that Hordak kept imprisoned should he have use for him one day (Hordak being obsessed with magic and its possibilities). When Keldor came to Hordak's hidden temple in need of medical attention, Hordak merged Demo-Man with Skeletor to both save Keldor's life, increase Skeletor's power and force Keldor/Skeletor to be indebted to him. Demo-Man's merger with Skeletor was basically his most important moment in the lore and hence the focus in the bio. Before this event, Demo-Man was simply a captured demon in a bottle kept on Hordak's shelf in Despondos waiting a time he might be useful to the Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde. During Keldor's injury, Hordak found a use for this particular demon in his collection and sent him to Eternia to merge with Keldor.

What Demo Man was up to in Despondos before he was captured by Hordak and stored in a jar is a story yet to be told!
    toyhypeusa.com

Q: Recently you had stated you had asked the packaging department to look at “easy open solutions” for taking Castle Grayskull out of the box. Can you give any examples of how this could be done to safely remove the Castle from the packaging? Ex: The box could fold down from the front cover.

A: We don’t have a specific answer to this yet, but we are looking into ways to make the box simple to open and close without tearing it.

Q: What material is Batros’ wings made of?

A: PVC plastic.

Q: The early access Strobo sale was a nightmare for many Club Eternia members. Would it be possible to offer him again through early access sooner rather than later?

A: Strobo will be available at our traveling conventions in 2013 with a small portion also available on Matty.com at the end of the year just like TOD Sorceress was. The EA sale in March was a small bonus above and beyond what we did last year with TOD Sorceress to reward some sub holders with the fig early.

Q: Are there any plans to email subscribers for Club Eternia and Infinite Earths new reveals the months leading up to SDCC?

A: There will be some reveals early for sub holders, but details are sketchy right now on when and what!

Q: I am really looking forward to getting the Batman figure with MOTUC shared parts. If this figure does well enough, would Mattel be willing to give other characters like Doomsday, Martian Manhunter, and others shared parts?

A: Batman actually is almost a fully tool’d figure. He does use the upper arms and mid legs from the MOTU buck, but that is all. If there are other characters that would benefit from these arms and mid legs we certainly could look into that, but for the most part the full MOTU “buck” is reserved for MOTU figs to make them a little larger compared to a standard 6″ fig just as the vintage figs were a bit bigger.
    greatrebellion.org

Round 11 answers
    Marvelous0ne ask: With the leaked images of Castle Grayskull out. Many are not happy with the size of the jaw bridge. And rightfully so since you can't even fit a figure through like we were told we would be. Can this issue be fixed before production is started? We just want to make this perfect!

Matty:Yes, we are actively working to see if we can sink the Jaw Bridge down a bit. Once we have an update we will let fans know!

Crusader asks: Is there a way for separately purchased subscriptions to ship separately instead of automatically combining them? Combining them costs us international fans more money in the end because of taxes and custom fees.

Matty:We understand this and are always looking into options and one of those is to let international fans uncombine. Stay tuned if this is possible.

rock.vivien ask: With the "Straight Vintage 2014" coming, is there still any chance to get the Unnamed One, the Black Wizard and LightHope in the motuc line? I want to know their looks and their stories! I love new characters.

Matty: To clarify, 2014 will not be straight vintage. It will be straight fan requests for a complete line which will also include some slots for areas outside of "vintage toys". While we want to get to all the vintage figs by the end of 2015, it won't be the only area to get figures!

Round 12
    neilos28 asks: With allot of collectors complaining about one off shown pop characters being among est the motuc line will we ever see entrata be made?people say entrapta isn't a good enough character to make when in fact she was the horde teams weapon maker,trap maker and vehicle deshighner.without this long haired sly shushkar babe the horde would of been toast....

Matty:Entrapa, as a vintage figure, is a character we hope to get to by the end of 2015.

DO4M ask:Are there any plans to release Diorama pieces for places that wouldn't warrant a full playset like Castle Grayskull or Snake Mountain? Thinking more along the lines of the Whispering Woods Rebel Camp, the Faceless One's place on Zalesia, or Light Hope's Chamber just to name a few.

Matty:No, we don't have plans right now but nothing is off the table.

Arthur asks: The Filmation sub was such an amazing idea! Any insight on how the figures that are included were chosen to be part of it?

Matty:It was a combination of fan requests, personal favorites from the team, and really looking at who would translate well into a toy. We also looked a lot at whom has been done as custom figures. If a characters is loved enough to motivate fans to make their own figure, that is a good sign the figure should get slotted in if possible!

Domingo.Hernandez.71 asks: Hello! Is Strobo going to be available at toy tokio like Tods was offered last year?

Matty: No, not this year. TOD Sorceress was available at Toy Tokyo due to the 30th art show. That was a one year thing for the anniversary.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    MOTULA.org
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/
    greatrebellion.org
    toyhypeusa.com
    musclor.org

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 15, 2013 at 04:46pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Movie mayhem!
    Demo man was kept in a bottle? So he is like Monstro Murk. Lol
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I Dream of Demo?

I actually love that answer to the Demo Man question. I can't wait to find out about his Pre-bottle days though!!!

I know there's an Iron Man joke to be had here...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

So, Hordak is obsessed with magic now? I think I'm rather gonna stick with Filmation there.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Good answers I think!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wait...what?!

Matty: To clarify, 2014 will not be straight vintage. It will be straight fan requests for a complete line which will also include some slots for areas outside of "vintage toys". While we want to get to all the vintage figs by the end of 2015, it won't be the only area to get figures!
    So 2014 and 2015 won't be "straight Vintageville"? The 2014 and 2015 lineup won't be just Vintage MOTU and all of the major POP, NA and Filmation characters?

We could still get requested characters like Oo-Larr, 200X Evilseed, Crita or Eldor?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

What is meant by "It won't be the only area to get figures!" Maybe it's late in the day, but I don't understand this. Maybe it's a typo, but I wonder - outside of the sub - how we could get other figures?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait...what?!

So 2014 and 2015 won't be "straight Vintageville"? The 2014 and 2015 lineup won't be just Vintage MOTU and all of the major POP, NA and Filmation characters?

We could still get requested characters like Oo-Larr, 200X Evilseed, Crita or Eldor?
    I was reading that as "straight vintage MOTU" characters until he called Entrapta a vintage character also (so it must include PoP at least). He may mean 200x as well, but I hope this is good news for Eldor!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    What is meant by "It won't be the only area to get figures!" Maybe it's late in the day, but I don't understand this. Maybe it's a typo, but I wonder - outside of the sub - how we could get other figures?
    I think he means era not "area."
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Poor Demo-Man, hope whatever he was up to before getting captured was worth it. Perhaps he's an agent of the Unnamed One or the Black Wizard.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Wait...what?!

I'm not sure about all of those, but I was always under the impression that Crita was a possibility since she is one of the most requested Jetlag character and usually the 2nd most requested Mutant. I also thought that Eldor still had a chance because he was a prototype. My take was that "essential" characters beyond vintage could be made.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Pretty happy with the Entrapta answer. It's not definite, but I'm glad they know interest is there.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am too! Can't wait for her!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Wait...what?!

I think folks consider the term 'vintage' mostly associated with the 1980's MOTU toyline. I think what they mean is the most wanted POP, NA and Filmation will also be included. In other words it won't just be Two-Bad, Modulok, Ninjor, Rio Blast, Extendar etc...
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I'm a demo man in a bottle baby, you gotta rub me the right way Skelly

Wait...what?!

I am hoping this is accurate and we still get figures beyond remakes of old ones. There is so much left for this line to give us and I am so excited.

Snappy Threader
    For the Filmation sub, I am hoping that "personal favorites of the team" includes Lizard Man.....

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Wait...what?!

Yeah, wait, straight fan request? AWESOME!!!! Sadly, we STILL prob'ly won't see the red Lizard Man, tho.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I was reading that as "straight vintage MOTU" characters until he called Entrapta a vintage character also (so it must include PoP at least). He may mean 200x as well, but I hope this is good news for Eldor!

I think he means era not "area."
    Yes, this makes more since now. Initially I thought area in terms of different subs or different conventions to get the figures. It was a long day at work, so my mind wasn't as sharp as it should have been.

I actually really love that Hordak kept Demo Man in a bottle.

I don't think 2014 was ever described as "all vintage", I thought TG always said "all star". That makes the most sense to me!

Not enjoying the Batman answer. There's been a general enthusiasm about the possible use of MOTUC parts in certain DC figures, and I can personally say I love how the Dark Knight Batman blends in with my Masters figures. Yet Mattel seems to dodge the parts sharing as if it's something that they should be ashamed that they did. Strange...
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Wait...what?!

Yeah I felt this question digressed from the original plan of releasing all the vintage. I guess he feels it can go longer and are gonna attempt to drag some characters out for post 2015???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Not enjoying the Batman answer. There's been a general enthusiasm about the possible use of MOTUC parts in certain DC figures, and I can personally say I love how the Dark Knight Batman blends in with my Masters figures. Yet Mattel seems to dodge the parts sharing as if it's something that they should be ashamed that they did. Strange...
    I really think he cannot state that the figure exactly is MOTU related for license reasons. I mean for the most part the parts are except for a few but I think it's all technicality and staying safe.

As for the Demo-Man scenario...
    I always thought and felt Demo-Man was Vikor's archenemy as well as leader of the Fighting Foe Men, or is it just me? Now he was from Despondos and bottled up? OoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooK.

But then again as it seems the FFM are being revised, I guess they are going back to do some more 'tweaking'.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; April 15, 2013 at 08:24pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Interesting answers actually. I am all for Hordak being an all powerful mage as shown in MYP as opposed to just the science expert in Filmation. Really think 2014 will have some great figures and characters. I want Saurod!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    As for the Demo-Man scenario...
    I always thought and felt Demo-Man was Vikor's archenemy as well as leader of the Fighting Foe Men, or is it just me? Now he was from Despondos and bottled up? OoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooK.

But then again as it seems the FFM are being revised, I guess they are going back to do some more 'tweaking'.
    He was never officially Vikor's enemy. He makes perfect sense as such, though, and that's how I'm using him. But I still like him as a bug in a jar. I really hope that comes out in a weapons pak some day!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    He was never officially Vikor's enemy. He makes perfect sense as such, though, and that's how I'm using him. But I still like him as a bug in a jar. I really hope that comes out in a weapons pak some day!
    LOL.... I thought so since they were the prototypes. And like you said I can make it so! I also began to think about how Demo-Man possibly worked alongside Hordak with the FFM (that could explain the Horde symbols) but then they broke off leaving him alone against He-Ro and King Grayskull in the First Ultimate Battle in pursuit of their own personal gains. So therefore once Hordak finally caught up with Demo-Man, he cashed in that payback receipt.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am hoping this is accurate and we still get figures beyond remakes of old ones. There is so much left for this line to give us and I am so excited.
    Amen to that.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!